Warehouse

Medine

agreeing... thanks for sharing @aho

fwiw: tried on the dsb jacket in 42 a while back: whilst raw it was a generous fit; not something I was expecting from wh (who I have the - obviously wrong - impression tend to make things on the slightly less generous side... )

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

LOVE that hickory stripe western. That's gone right to the top of my Want List. Being lazy and haven't looked - can that be purchased directly thru Warehouse, or thru reseller (once available)? 

32 minutes ago, mpukas said:

Being lazy and haven't looked - can that be purchased directly thru Warehouse, or thru reseller (once available)? 

Catalog probably will be released around January or so, and then you can preorder direct through Warehouse.
Only risk is that they don't publish any size charts until they get the goods in, so kind of have to go off your gut. Or just wait until it lands!

Those heavy 1001s look cool. Reading the description, it sounds like they took the Banner Denim and beefed it up slightly to 14.5 oz. For me, part of the appeal of the standard Banner Denim is that the weight feels perfect at 13.5 oz and they feel distinct from my other 14.5 oz pairs (Flat Head, Eternal, WH 800xx), but I'm sure there's a bit more to it than simply making it a little heavier. Will be interesting to see how it ages.

I couldn't say for certain, but I think this is a current version of the Warehouse 1000 denim from before the banner denim  - this is what's on my jeans (the 700 I bought in 2010 and possibly the D5 tho that had a deadstock element to it so possibly a different version of the 1000xx).

It's 100% Memphis cotton and 14.5 oz 6x6. And as far as I remember it seemed to be known as 1000xx back then. Their naming of denim and cuts didn't seem to have consistency but may just have been lost to us outside of Japan....

Agree Coldsummer about the weight of 13.5 oz feels good tho - hangs well when newer... that's the weight of the new 1000x deadstock blues too

30 minutes ago, Broark said:

If I recall correctly, didn’t WH used to offer this denim in the past? I vaguely remember a slightly heavier iteration of the Banner denim used maybe 7-8 years back but I could be wrong.

hi - Broark, just to put you on the spot :smile: - do you have any favourites out of all your different Warehouses? - cut or denim?

I have a pair of 415 (rebadged 700 collabs with Olde York) I bought from Japanholic about 8-9 years ago use 1000XX 14.5oz denim I think.

I also briefly had a pair of 14.5oz 1000XX I bought from Cali Roots about 10 years ago. They had a red tab but no arcs. I sent them back because the back of the fly placket and the crotch seam weren’t overlocked and were fraying (which is fairly standard for WW2 models I think, but not late 40s cuts). They were a great fit on me and I should’ve kept them.

46 minutes ago, Chris T said:

hi - Broark, just to put you on the spot :smile: - do you have any favourites out of all your different Warehouses? - cut or denim?

Not putting me on the spot at all! I'm definitely a fan of the 1001 cut. 
I think all the pairs I have from WH are 1001's except the 1000XX Deadstock Blues and the USN pants I picked up earlier this year.
Favorite denim is probably just the standard Banner denim, I have a Hinoya collaboration pair from a few years back with the shorthorn patch and that's probably my favorite pair overall.
I find the 1000xx DSB pair to be a little saggy in the seat which is why I haven't worn them much yet. The denim is very nice based on the faded examples I've seen.
I have the new WWII era Leepros and 1004XX(1000XX) 1936 cinch back models preordered, that'll give me a little more variety. Will post comparison pictures once I get them in.

3 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Isn't it just the standard 14.5 oz denim then? 100% memphis cotton? Used on the 800 all thr time 

Appears so, denim descriptions for both pairs on the website are the same.
6番×6番(14.5 Oz)メンフィスコットン単一綿
No. 6 x 6 (14.5 Oz) Memphis cotton single cotton