Warehouse

Medine

@srudy Picked them up for a song on Yahoo, so I'm not actually sure which version they are. I'd been tracking pairs here and there since the 25th Anniversary editions caught my eye last year; those had a longer inseam than standard, which got my attention, but also a shallower rise which was a no-go. Since then they seem to have done at least a couple of the "standard" (vis a vis top block cut) 1001XX DSB with slightly longer inseams, but I'd never had any luck tracking down a pair for less than around $300 'til now. I think these may have been a special batch for some or other shop, based on the info in the listing, but there's no branding besides the standard Warehouse fare so I'm not sure

@Josh'N'Roll Those look like beauts. I've been really tempted by them for a bit now—they also seem to have a slightly longer inseam, and some really appealing details. If it wasn't for the super shallow pocket bags I'd probably have jumped on a pair some time in the last week, but I'm not sure how many pairs of shallow-pocketed jeans I really wanna commit to at this point—these and my black 1001XX / 1000 are already kinda pushing it

@Dan_F Here are the measurements of this version (tagged 34 x 32) after a medium-temp. wash & two days' wear:

• Waist: 35 1/2"
  • Front Rise: 12 3/4"
  • Rear rise: 17 1/4"
  • Thigh (@ crotch): 13 1/4"
  • Thigh (2" down): 12 1/2"
  • Inseam: 33"

I'm imagining (hoping?) that the waist and inseam each have another inch of shrink in them after a few trips through the washer & dryer

Edited by julian-wolf

5 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Will those be available at retailers, in your opinion?

I would imagine so, same thing happened with the 25th anniversary models (sold out during preorder, but were later stocked).

Those pleat stitches are lovely, as are the laurel leaf buttons. 

Always wondered why the few wartime Lee 101J's l've seen images of, and their repro counterparts, only have two rows of stitching instead of the triple stitched seams that Lee so heavily advertised, and were famous for back then - the reason being that triple stitching was outlawed during the war, part of the same set of restrictions that Levis had to conform to with loss of bartacks and rivets, ect.

12 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

@Josh'N'Roll Those look like beauts. I've been really tempted by them for a bit now—they also seem to have a slightly longer inseam, and some really appealing details. If it wasn't for the super shallow pocket bags I'd probably have jumped on a pair some time in the last week, but I'm not sure how many pairs of shallow-pocketed jeans I really wanna commit to at this point—these and my black 1001XX / 1000 are already kinda pushing it.

The details are what caused, nay, forced me to pull the trigger. :D The inseam on the HXX is 34.5" raw, so I expect they'll shrink to ~32" after a hot wash and dry. I hadn't considered pocket bag depth, but you're right, they are really shallow ("hella shallow" in East Bay parlance), bordering on impractical and that's before a wash(!!). I told myself I would keep them on ice until I sell a few pair that need new homes, but I'm tempted to chuck them in the wash this weekend.

I pulled the trigger on the Self Edge 1001xx, really excited to finally try these jeans. I'm especially interested to see how the banner denim compares to the similar-weight and vintagey Full Count 13.7 oz denim I've been wearing a lot these past few years on my 1108s.

I also expect the fit (very similar measurements to the 800xx fit I love) to work great for me. Will post some pics and a full evaluation when they show up in a few days.

I don't know how current banner denim compares with 2013 banner denim. It could be the same for all I know. I have both Warehouse and Full Count stock fabrics from back then that I've worn a lot. While they are very different fabrics, some of the core qualities that I love about them are shared. Can't wait to hear what you think!

They seem slimmer than they actually are, that's the effect being tall and skinny has. If I was the exact same build but stood 5'10" instead of 6'3", they'd look pretty loose on me. But 31 is my true waist size, and out of the box they fit just right on my waist. It probably would have been possible even to go down a size, but I like this fit more.

I’m debating on either purchasing the 1000XX-DSB or 2021HXX from Hinoya. Both are very close in measurements to my DD-1001XX 47’s (all in 33W). Besides the DSB coloring, are there any other differences anyone is aware of? The fit seems almost identical across the board on all 3 models

Also curious if anyone knows what sets 1000XX-DSB apart from the S1000XX-DSB?

Edited by Hoohoodunit

I'm down the rabbit hole of Japanese denim YouTube and found this was a fun flashback through a few WH pairs I owned or lusted after over the past 15 years:

He basically doesn't remember when he bought most of them, but he did get a few from the New Year's Lucky Bag's over time. Those Copper King's bring back memories! Some non-WH pairs as well towards the end (SDA, Denime, Kojima Jeans)

Edited by aho