Warehouse

Medine

Just now, Maynard Friedman said:

It’s just a tab. If it deteriorates, then wabi-sabi.

The issue wasn't the tab deteriorating (as that wouldn't really be a problem), it was the denim under it potentially having a hole because it's been stitched so many times so close together

I’ve had no problems, in fact after a wash or two the denim looks uniform again…

now that summer has officially started here in California, I’m putting my DD 47s into the rotation

a damn shame they’re tabless, but I’m gonna have one thrown on at some point

FBE49EAA-83E5-49DB-B70B-0A2B0F9C9F38.thumb.jpeg.7152d514c542d67fbe750da9a5f9f092.jpeg

868598F8-6E3C-4BF7-BF8D-1436210AA632.thumb.jpeg.77b4ccd8638cbccb60c6a971857cc542.jpeg

@scooby

Hey man, of the warehouse models you have, which do you enjoy the most? Been thinking about picking up the dd 47's, or the standard 1001's. From what I can tell the 1001's are a wider fit. 

Thanks. 

The 46 model comes out on top for me, I’d track down a few extra pairs if I had the coin to do so

47s you just can’t go wrong, they will fit you well and look good with everything. I feel like a million bucks in these and it’s why I have been saving them

For me its the 25th anniversary 1001xx 1950 model ,perfect fit and nice cut ,no big ass top block with leg opening 8,5 inch (w 32) ,13,5 oz denim is great on those hot days in Berlin .

Edited by Topnotcher

Hi mates, anyone here has the 2nd hand line? I'm interested in the 1100 black and 1105 indigo but my doubt is about the size. I wear 32 in Resolute 710 and size 1 in Orslow 105 2 years wash....which size do you suggest me? 33 or 34?

Thanks in advance

56 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Would you mind doing the whole measurements thing too Doc?

No problemo.

Waist is 42.5cm, inseam is 79cm. Front rise is just under 32cm, back is 42cm. Hem across is 23.5cm and thigh (measured from crotch across to edge of leg) is 33cm.

Edit: sorry l know the raw measurements were in my usual inches, but l'm currently ripping out the downstairs bathroom and everything l need it seems, when l go to buy stuff is measured in centimetres or worse, millimetres. So l'm trying to get down with 'the kids'

Edited by Dr_Heech

30 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

No problemo.

Waist is 42.5cm, inseam is 79cm. Front rise is just under 32cm, back is 42cm. Hem across is 23.5cm and thigh (measured from crotch across to edge of leg) is 33cm.

Edit: sorry l know the raw measurements were in my usual inches, but l'm currently ripping out the downstairs bathroom and everything l need it seems, when l go to buy stuff is measured in centimetres or worse, millimetres. So l'm trying to get down with 'the kids'

Thanks Doc

Decimal is fine - I went through the whole metrication process as a ‘kid’, so old school or otherwise is equally confusing.

Apart from the back rise of of yours which is a good ‘inch and a quarter’ lower, the measurements of your size 34s (after all that shrinkage you mention) are remarkably similar to the size 33s of my FW 1922s

I do like how your patch has turned out too

Edited by Duke Mantee

Thanks @Duke Mantee l'm really liking them fit wise compared to the rather disappointing (so called) Warehouse 1922 model. They were in so many ways, a clone of the Lvc 1922 model fit wise. Bad memories. 

These feel and look much more like a waist overall disguised as jeans as l've yet to experience. They are imo a more deserving position of the 1922 moniker.

Anyways, somewhere between my 1930 Lee's and my Valencia st 201's and These, l feel l have that era now covered. For now :)

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

Perfect fit mate , did you get these hemmed ? Or was that all shrinkage 

All shrinkage mate. The hem is about 4 or 5 cm too long, not quite enough to cuff (l like a decent size cuff as you know) - maybe get a little more shrink  in the next wash? Gotta be careful mind

Edited by Dr_Heech
Usual reason

On 6/24/2021 at 4:18 PM, dawei94 said:

The issue wasn't the tab deteriorating (as that wouldn't really be a problem), it was the denim under it potentially having a hole because it's been stitched so many times so close together

I  usually do a light surface hand stitching at weftside to close the hole & then spot weld it using fabric glue … easily a 2-min repair job.

• 2 weeks later...