Warehouse

Medine

These looks great. I recently picked up those same 46's (I think? Assuming you removed the arcs) with the intention of them getting a lot of time this summer, but I haven't given them much love yet. I really like the fit and the denim though.

Do you know the difference between 1001's and 1003's? I can't keep track of the naming conventions. 

On 5/30/2021 at 1:10 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

Took my work jacket home for its annual wash before putting it back in the drawer for the summer.

Photos taken at 12 noon in direct sunlight this time around..

fullsizeoutput_307d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3082.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3084.jpeg

Wow - Couldn't not say how good this looks:ohmy:

3 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

How much do the DSB jeans shrink in length? Anyone put them through the dryer yet? Thinking of the 1000xx in particular

Hi Julian-Wolf

I havent started wearing them yet tho I've washed and the length is 32 1/2". Not dryered yet tho Really nice of course - denim is not as thick as my older Warehouse (1000 - the Memphis denim) so I think they are going to hang differently and better earlier in their life......

4 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

How much do the DSB jeans shrink in length? Anyone put them through the dryer yet? Thinking of the 1000xx in particular

I've washed mine several times and did a hot dry once. The inseam on my size 31 measures about 31.25-31.5".

Edited by nick682

@julian-wolf Similar to Chris's, mine shrank to about a 32-32.5" after a hot wash/dry. If these are similar to the 25th anniversary 1001's, then I'm expecting more shrinkage as I keep washing them. My 1001's went from a 32" after the first wash to about 30.5" after a few more washes. Definitely glad that I didn't get a hem on them. 

Warehouse 800XX NW pair in size 34 (10 plus washes in 2 years)

Warehouse 3076 workshirt (size 40)(10 plus washes in 1.5 years)

Tanner Goods Classic Natural Leather Belt with stainless steel buckle (size 34)(age 1.5 years)

Timberland 6" City Premium Boots featuring side zip 

Warehouse 1.jpg

Warehouse 2.jpg

Warehouse 3.jpg

Hey peeps. I’m looking for a pair of 800xx’s for my next project and looking for some guidance. Located in the US so would purchase from either Self Edge or Standard and Strange. I was wondering why there was such a price difference. (50$ more at self edge) As far as I can tell, the Self Edge pair just has a longer Inseam but are exactly the same besides that. Is there something I’m missing here? 

The sizing is also kind of all over the place. I’m typically a 34 in Roys and iron hearts, and a 36 in ooe’s and flatheads. According to some measurements I find the 36 in 800xx would be fine, but if I go by Self Edge’s measurements I would need possibly a 38, or a 40, which seems crazy. Anyone have any size comparisons to other brands? 

Cheers. 

@JohnnyUtah247 I have the 800's and typically wear a 34 in most brands. I had to size up to a 36 for the 800xx, however in older models I was able to fit into a 34. If you're getting the pair from either SxS or Self Edge, i'd recommend sizing up. It does seem like the main difference is the inseam for the Self Edge models, hopefully this helps. 

11 minutes ago, Lazerr said:

@JohnnyUtah247 I have the 800's and typically wear a 34 in most brands. I had to size up to a 36 for the 800xx, however in older models I was able to fit into a 34. If you're getting the pair from either SxS or Self Edge, i'd recommend sizing up. It does seem like the main difference is the inseam for the Self Edge models, hopefully this helps. 

Helps a lot mate. According to S and S measurements 36 looks spot on while self edge measurements come up so small, which I found a bit bizarre. Perhaps I can shoot an email over to either for confirmation on that. 

another question , do the large sizes have 5 button flies? Thanks

@JohnnyUtah247 No worries man! I have a new pair of 36's that I haven't worn ( so there is still room for stretch ). However here are the measurements:

Waist: 17", Thigh: 12.75", Inseam: 32", LO: 8.75

Looking  at the fabric, they should be getting a be getting more attention, but the 1001's have been my focus for now.  Also, they do have the 5 buttons!

Edited by Lazerr

14 hours ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Hey peeps. I’m looking for a pair of 800xx’s for my next project and looking for some guidance. Located in the US so would purchase from either Self Edge or Standard and Strange. I was wondering why there was such a price difference. (50$ more at self edge) As far as I can tell, the Self Edge pair just has a longer Inseam but are exactly the same besides that. Is there something I’m missing here? 

The sizing is also kind of all over the place. I’m typically a 34 in Roys and iron hearts, and a 36 in ooe’s and flatheads. According to some measurements I find the 36 in 800xx would be fine, but if I go by Self Edge’s measurements I would need possibly a 38, or a 40, which seems crazy. Anyone have any size comparisons to other brands? 

Cheers. 

I pretty much always wear a 31, but had to size up to 33 for my 800s.

13 hours ago, Lazerr said:

Apologies for the bad lighting, the camera kept causing a tint to appear on most of my pictures, so I had to play with what I had available :) 

IMG_2699.thumb.JPEG.a11b74e28f99397a2a7562d2cd056020.JPEG

looking nice... & never apologise for your pix... but do be aware of what natural light can do; you'd be amazed what a window sill can achieve as the support for detail shots ... [and what shooting outside with a contrasting background can do for a fit shot]

17 hours ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Cheers. 

I’m a 36 in strike gold and ironheart and went with a 36 with the warehouse 800. The waistline was a little tight at the beginning but it stretched out within a week and I love the fit. I tried a size 38 and the waistline fit better out of the gate but the rest of the fit was too baggy for my taste.

18 hours ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Cheers. 

Hey Johnny. I'm a size 36 in the 800xx, 36 in Resolute 710, 36 Roy R01, and 38 in OA01. I bought the 800xx one-wash from Hinoya 2 years ago and they started out with a waist measurement of 34.5". My experience with them is similar @1fookntitefd - the waist was tight new and is tight fresh out of the wash when the waist measurement is 34". They continued to shrink slightly over the first 3 washes. They do stretch back out to 36" after a few days and are my best fitting jeans, but that first day of wear after the wash is always uncomfortable.

The sizing on recent lots of the 800xx available at Self Edge and S&S looks to be small compared to tag size. I think you'll be alright if you ignore the tag size and just go by the measurements.

3 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

looking nice... & never apologise for your pix... but do be aware of what natural light can do; you'd be amazed what a window sill can achieve as the support for detail shots ... [and what shooting outside with a contrasting background can do for a fit shot]

Definitely appreciate this. Unfortunately I live in an apartment building so sunlight can sometimes be hard to come by, but there some good days where the sun shines through and I am able to get a good light. I'll make sure to post again once these are past the 6 month mark :) 

21 hours ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Cheers. 

Hi Johny

My pair of Warehouse 800xx size 34 was 88cm waist (using flat method) in non wash state. Warehouse 800xx in one-wash is usually 83cm and become 88cm after use, so consider if your waist if 88cm , you can wear it comfortably. Unfortunately , my waist is 89cm so sometimes when there is a pressure on tummy, I have to unbutton beneath my belt for better comfort.   

Rather than comparing size number with other brands, I prefer to check non-wash waist measurement if available. For one-wash (if non-wash option not available), I prefer to check post-stretch estimate from the shop I am buying, typically 4 to 6 cm post stretch possible depending on the denim such as Fullcount may stretch 6 cm easily but Warehouse may reach to maximum 5cm.

I hope one day 88cm will stretch one more cm (say 89cm) if Warehouse denim allows stretching beyond non wash state after extensive use. 

Edited by dada mafiosi

Hey y'all, I'm looking for a little insight on the fit of the standard 1001. 

To my eye it looks similar to a Sugarcane 1947, does anyone here have experience with both? Or another comparison you can offer? 

Thank you. 

Got my 1000ZXX in the mail today, does anyone have experience with the shrinking and stretching of the 7.5x7.5 DSB denim? The guidance on the Warehouse site is:

6cm of shrink in the waist

2cm of shrink in the thigh

2cm of shrink in the front rise

4cm of shrink in the rear rise

6-7cm of shrink in the length

1-2cm of shrink in the hem

Curious if people's experiences have lined up with that, and what the subsequent stretch has been 

Separate question, for anyone who has unpicked the bartack holding down the red tab, has that area worn down faster / prematurely developed a hole? I took my jeans to get tapered and the guy there warned me against removing the bartack because of the potential to develop a hole faster

3 hours ago, dawei94 said:

Separate question, for anyone who has unpicked the bartack holding down the red tab, has that area worn down faster / prematurely developed a hole? I took my jeans to get tapered and the guy there warned me against removing the bartack because of the potential to develop a hole faster

It has no effect on my pairs.