Warehouse

Medine

EC71BC04-E425-4B86-A4A5-C435D672E5B2.thumb.jpeg.d521b30f1d991b5395a8e162a9e320c6.jpeg

my dead stock arrived! Whoop! Putting them through a hot wash with my Corlection 20XX20, when they’ve dried out a bit I give you @dotcomzzz  proper measurements and then @MJF9 I’ll start on that list, do I have to include selvedge/wabash  shirts too?

On 4/25/2021 at 7:29 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

The Whisky Cats! There will be more photos and info about these in the deepest, darkest recesses of this thread.

Spot on! I’ve no doubt there’ll be stuff here - the old timey overalls are sadly marginalised because of the surfeit of modern cuts but they’re great stuff and it was good to see @unders and a few others appreciating this style

Edited by Duke Mantee

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

So how many pairs does that make then @Toegun, eh, hint, hint…!

Hmmm not sure if I want to know! Digging this one out I found 2 pairs of Hellers! Yikes

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

Collector or hoarder???

@Maynard Friedman next Toegun will be stashing pairs in ‘secret’ hiding places around the house ;)

I used to hide my deliveries or at least try to organise it so I would be working from home so I could intercept them. I say used to as now I have more then enough so I won’t be buying anymore for the foreseeable future, of course. 

Really like the look of the skivvy tees—always wanted to try Warehouse tees out but I don’t like slub yarn & I don’t like chest pockets, so they’ve always been off the table—this might be the season

i nearly bought the whisky cat early in my artisanal denim journey, circa 2010?, tried it on at take5 shanghai. was intrigued by it but didnt really "understand" it. the denim was softer than the samurai war model and the fc1108 that i also tried on, thought the diaper butt looked kinda funky in a good way, but why does it have to be so bulbous, kinda made it look a bit costumey/cosplayesque? walked into the store wearing a slim dry bones pair so the fit discrepancy was too much? of course i regret not buying it especially since when i finally understood the appeal it wasn't very easy to get anymore (there was one pair left in masuya not in my size) but the fc1108 i walked away with that afternoon has turned out to be one of my fave pairs ever and also, i dont know, perhaps that was the pair i was (((ready for))), i knew the 501 references, the slim-straight fit wasnt too far away from the slim dry bones i was sporting at that time (so that i ended up wearing it to death instead of having doubts whenever i put it on as you do when you have a garment youre not sure of/100% believe in), and not getting it sort of allowed me to stay curious about denim history/allowed me to learn about it in a manageable, linear way down thru the years (from 66 backwards)? so when i finally got my old timey pair a few years later (rs blacksmith) i was totally ready for it. dang havent written a denim rumination for ages lol. thanks duke!