Warehouse

Medine

58 minutes ago, ReverendGlasseye said:

Nice! I've been on the hunt for something like them. Where did you find them?

Found them on Yahoo auctions lucked out as there were no other bidders. Won the auction for $100, $30 shipping via FedEx. 

Yahoo has a plethora of Warehouse stuff I’d you’re willing to search a bit!

Could anyone help me size the DD-1001xx 1947 model?

Standard and Strange suggest going one size up for the DD-1001xx, with size 31 measuring at 30in. But Warehouse's measurements show size 30 at about 30.5in, which makes it seem like they actually run big? Lots of conflicting information out there, any help would be appreciated. 

If it helps, my best fitting jeans are my TCB 50s in size 31, and they measure exactly 15in across the waist when pulled flat.

Edited by beeethousand

@Dr_Heech Hey Doc, it looks like the 1915s went up on the WH site and sold out quick (if not during presale). Not sure if you snagged a pair? 
Washed measurements are on WH and Junky has a run of unwashed versions (with measurements) so probably enough info to be confident on sizing. 

4 hours ago, unders said:

@Dr_Heech Hey Doc, it looks like the 1915s went up on the WH site and sold out quick (if not during presale). Not sure if you snagged a pair? 
Washed measurements are on WH and Junky has a run of unwashed versions (with measurements) so probably enough info to be confident on sizing. 

Thanks for the heads up mate but l'm going to pass on them. Tbh although they look awesome, l just don't need another pair of non-belt looped jeans. I did see the 1915 brown version with belt loops (a Warehouse special) on the WH lg site, now if they'd done that with the blue denim model 1915, l would have jumped on them!

7 hours ago, unders said:

The Warehouse site seemed to be giving unwashed sizing that indicated you’d need to up at least one size if not two? Am I reading that wrong?

12 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

The Warehouse site seemed to be giving unwashed sizing that indicated you’d need to up at least one size if not two? Am I reading that wrong?

Sorry, you’re correct Duke. I’m so used to WH doing one-wash lately, and providing one-wash measurements, that I assumed that was the case here. 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:23 PM, Dr_Heech said:

Thanks for the heads up mate but l'm going to pass on them. Tbh although they look awesome, l just don't need another pair of non-belt looped jeans. I did see the 1915 brown version with belt loops (a Warehouse special) on the WH lg site, now if they'd done that with the blue denim model 1915, l would have jumped on them!

Looks like there is a belt looped ver. :laugh2:

788150583_Screenshot_20210407-203528_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ceea12523d48d8d5bacdac160e7d1c44.jpg

2 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

What’s the difference between a 1915 pair with belt loops and a 1922 pair?

Not sure of every minute detailed difference but the 1915 denim is a 50/50 blend of natural and synthetic indigo.

Warehouse say this is the size of the Lot 1001XX 1915:

Size 34 - (W) 92cm: (T) 35.5cm: (F) 33.5cm: (B) 43.5cm: (L) 89cm: (O) 24cm

Size 36 - (W) 96cm: (T) 36.5cm: (F) 34.5cm: (B) 44.5cm: (L) 89cm: (O) 24.5cm

Shrinkage  ... (W) 8cm: (T) 2cm: (F) 2~3cm: (B) 3cm: (L) 9cm: (O) 2cm

Warehouse say this is the size of the Lot 1004XX 1922:

Size 34 - (W) 88cm: (T) 34cm: (F) 31cm: (B) 39cm: (L) 82cm: (O) 24cm

Shrinkage ... none? (one wash)

18 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Thankyou @Duke Mantee it's like you read my mind.

The measurements on the 34 1915 belt loop model look much more agreeable. 

As regards to the '1922' model, sz 34, the back rise just doesn't work for me so will be ditching those .. <_<

The biggest difference between each ‘501’ era is the cut, which often in conversation seems to have less relevance than the smaller details. Despite being a big admirer of Warehouse (I’ve really enjoyed the jeans I’ve owned) I’m not altogether convinced these patterns are ‘period correct’, but that’s just a gut feeling more than having specific information.

26 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

The biggest difference between each ‘501’ era is the cut, which often in conversation seems to have less relevance than the smaller details. Despite being a big admirer of Warehouse (I’ve really enjoyed the jeans I’ve owned) I’m not altogether convinced these patterns are ‘period correct’, but that’s just a gut feeling more than having specific information.

Agreed, although l've never handled a pair of original late 10's/early 20's Levis, although l was once lucky enough to see a pair in the flesh (they would have been the model just before the addition of the belt loops). So no idea of sizing/fit :)

The approx back rise of 15" on the 22 model as opposed to 16" (minimum) on most other pairs l own just doesn't sit right with me and it's all about comfort at the end of the day, for me at least. Plus whenever l see old 30's 5 reel westerns, the cut/fit on most of the cowboys are always a good high rise, especially at the back, for riding a horse. 

Anyway those 1915's with the added belt loops look perfect so job done (?)

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

Agreed, although l've never handled a pair of original late 10's/early 20's Levis, although l was once lucky enough to see a pair in the flesh (they would have been the model just before the addition of the belt loops). So no idea of sizing/fit :)

The approx back rise of 15" on the 22 model as opposed to 16" (minimum) on most other pairs l own just doesn't sit right with me and it's all about comfort at the end of the day, for me at least. Plus whenever l see old 30's 5 reel westerns, the cut/fit on most of the cowboys are always a good high rise, especially at the back, for riding a horse. 

Anyway those 1915's with the added belt loops look perfect so job done (?)

We spoke about it before, but that back rise on the 22s does seem too small for a pair of overalls (and I’m using the word correctly here) - especially when the pattern is that of a loose fitting trouser.

Good news the Warehouse seem to have come up with a pair that are enough mix and match to suit you (do you know the rationale behind adding loops to a 1915?). Just be careful of the shrinkage though.

8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

We spoke about it before, but that back rise on the 22s does seem too small for a pair of overalls (and I’m using the word correctly here) - especially when the pattern is that of a loose fitting trouser.

Good news the Warehouse seem to have come up with a pair that are enough mix and match to suit you (do you know the rationale behind adding loops to a 1915?). Just be careful of the shrinkage though.

Although l don't know the rationale behind adding the loops to the 1915 model, it makes me happy as it is the nearest thing to the pair #6 in the book, whereas the WH 1922 pair have more modern details that would put it at 1927-1929.

Like you said, we have discussed it before: l want a Levis repro which reflects the time before the invention of the modern production line, when belt loops were first added to the pants, but before button branding and rivet technology were improved. To most, the modern 501 came out in c.1947, after the stripped down war model paved the way. For me, the change from overalls to jeans came in c.1922, at a time when customers were first starting to call their overalls "jeans".

Thanks again for the info/help.