Warehouse

Medine

27 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Can you tell me what the lining is made of? Is there a separate label?

Trying to translate the tag inside it says it's 47% rayon, 42% poly and 11% something else?
Can anyone assist?
0MzvVGU.jpg

24 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Oh that’s an interesting blend for the lining. @Broark what’s the lining feel like? 

Honestly feels like an old washed out blanket.
Pretty soft and not at all itchy, I will say the jacket isn't especially warm considering that it is blanket lined.

9 hours ago, Broark said:

Pretty soft and not at all itchy, I will say the jacket isn't especially warm considering that it is blanket lined.

Sounds like the blanket lining in my old (now sold) Lvc 1879 1st triple pleated blouse - looks like the real deal but isn't.

The lack of wool content in the lining would be the reason that it's not itchy imo (unlike the vintage Troy Mills type of lining ) and maybe will also lessen the warmth factor?

Edited by Dr_Heech

57 minutes ago, Broark said:

Most modern ‘blanket’ lined jackets aren’t much, if at all, warmer than any other simple lined jacket. It’s just a selling point for us dweebs to look vintage

13 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

It’s just a selling point for us dweebs to look vintage

Well well well, count myself as a sucker because it worked on me. :D
I'm glad it's not too warm actually, just means I can wear it more often around here.

31 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Most modern ‘blanket’ lined jackets aren’t much, if at all, warmer than any other simple lined jacket. It’s just a selling point for us dweebs to look vintage

Yeah I’ve definitely noticed with a lot of modern blanket lined jackets. I’ve tried some here and there that have been seriously warm but for the most part, it doesn’t do much and the cognitive dissonance of thinking i should be warm but then not feeling warm makes it feel even draftier. 

20 minutes ago, Broark said:

Well well well, count myself as a sucker because it worked on me. :D
I'm glad it's not too warm actually, just means I can wear it more often around here.

Well then we all choose to be suckers - there’s no harm in it, and in your case you get the benefit of look and warmer weather functionality :smile:

20 minutes ago, JMS said:

My RMC storm rider weighs about 6lbs, on account of the wool lining. Warm as anything I own. 

A proper blanket should be fairly effective warmth-wise

2 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Yeah I’ve definitely noticed with a lot of modern blanket lined jackets. I’ve tried some here and there that have been seriously warm but for the most part, it doesn’t do much and the cognitive dissonance of thinking i should be warm but then not feeling warm makes it feel even draftier. 

Precisely 

Hi all,

First time poster here. I’ve been searching for the perfect type 2 jacket for some time now, and I finally pulled the trigger on the Warehouse 2002xx in size 40. I have a few Warehouse tees in size large that fit well, so I figured I’d go with the equivalent size jacket.

When I got the jacket in the mail, it turned out the shop I ordered from accidentally sent me a size 42. I contacted them, and they immediately sent out a size 40 jacket, telling me to keep whichever one fits better and return the other. 

While I wait for the size 40 to get here, I thought I’d seek some opinions on the size 42. My initial reaction was that it is much too big, but now I’m wondering if it’ll shrink down enough to be the right size for me. I’ve never personally washed unsanforized denim before, so it’s hard for me to gauge what a post-wash fit would look like.

Here is an example of the kind of fit I'm after. Pictures of the size 42 jacket on me are below.

example.jpg.83f3e38bfc612dccc4b28889036a223b.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.a00b71df059f88fb6ce9fa11e0f4161d.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.ea522f73c243b097ca282999b0b8a3af.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.37db9166272e1b836c102e0ccac258f5.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.6f611c82fd29985d5b3dea643f1d5a12.jpg

Thank you for any feedback.

2.jpg

Think that may be a good size for you , should ( maybe ??? ) get a hair under 2 inches of shrinkage in the sleeves and possibly the same in length 

Once you get the 40 you’ll know better because the 42 should shrink to similar dimensions of the 40 

Edited by Flash

Thanks, all! Will definitely wait to see how the 40 fits. Should get here early next week.

My cat was mostly confused about why I kept walking back and forth in between taking the pictures and setting my camera's self-timer! She watched the whole time with curiosity - probably thought I was malfunctioning. 

I think you’ll end up with the 42

After a hot soak (and dry if you’re cool with that) it’ll shrink up nicely. The #1 thing is the sleeve length... too long is better than too short, and I think the 42 will be close to spot on. If the sleeve length on the 40 looks good on body pre shrink send it back. Pants are more forgiving than jackets 

Trying out some slim Warehouse from Corlection colab, wife isn’t a big fan of my “baggy” straight leg jeans. 

83118534-A57A-4AF2-A254-86690DA1F7A3.thumb.jpeg.eb75d67a7e7decaeffbe848ba0cf4a7f.jpeg
EF31068F-ED05-4495-A986-588537B6DCBE.thumb.jpeg.075ebb5799978b09cafb011eadea778b.jpeg

C14D95F3-98D3-448B-9353-D1FAA1258B1B.thumb.jpeg.0097a73a791ff4442ded6be62c2fb521.jpeg

2B36C46A-E34D-4D80-9E84-8430D65F84DA.thumb.jpeg.cc20924f915179ba1da64f2cde2d3bf1.jpeg

real nice fabric, rougher then I’m used to from Warehouse. 

@Cold Summer yup I believe so https://corlection.com/collections/denim/products/warehouse-20xx20-traphouse-14-5oz-denim-slim-tapered-fit

@Geeman ive Put them through a hot wash and worn them since yesterday. Will measure them tonight.