Warehouse

Medine

I think I will soak mine after seeing Topnotcher's pics. I dont want loads of shrinkage - I want a vintage fit. Doesn't look to any dye lost, is that correct? Much shrinkage in leg length?

Topnotcher, I notice you still have the 25 year anniversary tag on, did the wash diminish it much?

Oh, and did the wash remove the denim ghosting on the removed arcs and close up the removed stitch holes on the red tab?

Cheers

On 7/16/2020 at 1:06 PM, stanier said:

I think I will soak mine after seeing Topnotcher's pics. I dont want loads of shrinkage - I want a vintage fit. Doesn't look to any dye lost, is that correct? Much shrinkage in leg length?

Topnotcher, I notice you still have the 25 year anniversary tag on, did the wash diminish it much?

Oh, and did the wash remove the denim ghosting on the removed arcs and close up the removed stitch holes on the red tab?

Cheers

It will shrink to tagged size,exactly 32 inch in length,no much dye lost .But on the 51 model the denim is the banner denim,little different to the 46.The annyversary tag is exactly the same after wash and theres no stitching holes after wash .

On 7/15/2020 at 4:47 AM, Broark said:

Seems like they did a cleaner job on the tab stitching than other pairs in the past.
Good to know that I'll be able to unpick it on my pair without it fraying too much.

frayed tabs are my fetish :cool:,i wonder how many others like them. it's annoying how difficult it is for most tabs to fray naturally tho...

3 minutes ago, CASSAVA PIECE said:

what did you end up doing with it for the repairs ?

Just overlocked the remnants with some red thread and re-inserted the best i could

fullsizeoutput_1dd0

I made a better job of hand stitching the other pocket, in hindsight i should have started with this one

fullsizeoutput_1dcf

Oh well, they're just even wonkier

Gents,

after two days of wearing my 46ies in w 32 i felt it doesn't fit me right in top block,to wide and high.This 32 is in my opinion a w 33.Bought me a new one size down and its corrrect now.

So my first is for sale now...Has a 60 degrees water only wash ,so i think no more shrinking. Ask for 180 € plus shipping from Berlin,Germoney .And now the pics with measurements. The waist stretch easy to 16,5 inch , back rise 16,5, leg opening 8,5, tigh 12,25,front rise 12 inch,inseam 32 inch,outseam 44 inch ,air drying .Inside very,very small marks where the cuff touched the shoe .barely visible.IMG_20200729_112556.thumb.jpg.775125433f8c4a7acdc5f111478ff88c.jpgIMG_20200729_112338.thumb.jpg.ef566eed941528a25130b9f206e73b65.jpg

IMG_20200729_112428.jpg

IMG_20200729_112648.jpg

IMG_20200729_112523.jpg

Edited by Topnotcher

Hi Guys to sorry ask a newbie question....

I have a regular 1001xx and I am wondering if it is "banner denim"?

I am confused as they have D.D limited edition and seems the D.D one are more sought after?

7 hours ago, kenko said:

Hi Guys to sorry ask a newbie question....

I have a regular 1001xx and I am wondering if it is "banner denim"?

I am confused as they have D.D limited edition and seems the D.D one are more sought after?

If you have a pair of the normal 1001xx then they are made with the banner denim.
The Duck Digger variations are more sought after since they are limited in production by comparison to the normal 1001xx. 
The DD series uses some different details (different denim, arcs, sometimes pocket bags, etc.) and some slight changes to the cut, while the 1001xx doesn't tend to change very often.
That doesn't mean the banner denim isn't worthwhile though, it's great stuff.

I want to soak my 1950 25th Anniversary (Banner denim) but Googling and searching here, I'm a left confused. I'd like maximum shrinkage out of the way and minimum dye loss, as most of us do I suppose. Do I cold soak, warm soak, wash at 40 degrees, or wash at 60 degrees (both no soap clearly!) or something else?

@stanier one wash shouldn't really cause any noticeable indigo loss. I'd suggest washing them in the machine at 60 inside out for maximum shrink.
I find that the banner denim does well with regular washing in the machine for what it's worth.

32 minutes ago, stanier said:

Cheers for the replies gentlemen. One other question, do the 46's have redline selvedge? The mustard colour on my 1950's was something I hadn't properly absorbed when I ordered mine...

IMG_20200730_143418.jpg

Well as above yesterday I washed my 1001xx 1950 25th Anniversary on a 40 delicates wash which in my machine gave the 45 mins in the washer. Then I hung them on the line to dry and as they were still a bit damp around the pockets come bedtime I popped them in the airing cupboard overnight.

I ordered 34 waist (all numbers are inches) and when they arrived they were tagged 34 waist and 32 leg, and measured 36 waist and 34 leg. after my gentle wash they now measure slightly under 34 waist, 31 leg, so I'm left feeling these puppies shrink like crazy! Don't know what you taller guys do who like to turn up and show some selvedge with Warehouse denim!

Anyway, I'm not particularly tall and might give them a wear today, but glad I didn't go a 60 wash! Should I expect a lot more shrinkage?

On 7/31/2020 at 8:44 AM, stanier said:

Don't know what you taller guys do who like to turn up and show some selvedge with Warehouse denim!

Anyway, I'm not particularly tall and might give them a wear today, but glad I didn't go a 60 wash! Should I expect a lot more shrinkage?

Self Edge has longer inseam versions of the 900xx and 800xx coming soon, that's what I'm waiting for. Might be possible to stretch them out when damp but I'd be surprised if you got more than an inch from that.

Warehouse catalogues have been somewhat underwhelming lately with all of the used-wash denim and dozens of tees that look like they raided a thrift store from the 70s... but the F/W previews have been amazing so far. They are definitely bringing it for the 25th anniversary. 

The leather A-1, denim parka, suede sherpa type 3, and down jacket all look amazing. Warehouse has some seriously underrated jackets... I just wish in lived in a climate that could justify buying one. 

Edited by cusswords