Warehouse

Medine

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

So you're telling me you have never wondered what just about every 5 pocket repro blue denim jean on the market is based on origianally!? 

Never?         ........

ever!??

Wow l would think that a photo of an original pair with a red tab would be hard to avoid, especially here.

Some folks still have a lot to learn or so it seems.. I bet it's even worse on Reddit :ph34r:

Not being a repro guy, and not being into branding/labeling of any sort, I do think the red tab is one of the most iconic branding elements. Ever. It's truly amazing to me that something so small has such a big impact. edit: Even I find the Red Tab irresistibly cool. 

Why does WH sew the red tab down? I get the law suite, but does sewing the tab get around the issue? I wonder why they don't make the tab in a way that it could be unpicked? It seems obvious the pocket arcs are intended to be unpicked if desired, so why not something similar w/ the tab. The tab being sewn is just not the same. 

Edited by mpukas

9 minutes ago, mpukas said:

but does sewing the tab get around the issue? 

That's my assumption, although I've seen some Junky special models with them flying free.
My recently acquired type 1 has the tab, not stitched down.

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Some folks still have a lot to learn or so it seems.. I bet it's even worse on Reddit :ph34r:

I will somehow count myself lucky that l genuinely don't know what reddit is all about. Never looked on it is it a forum?

I could google it but rather than go in blind, l'm open to explanations :unsure2:

Reddit is a loathsome platform that murdered traditional internet forums like this due to the convenience of basically allowing you to use one ID to post on a zillion different forums ("subreddits.") Their raw denim forum is kind of like this:

N&F GOD OF SLUB WEIRD GUY FIT CHECK PLZ HELP NOW

JUST BOUGHT BRAVESTAR, WHAT SHOULD I BUY NEXT?

UB201 PROGRESS (2 MONTHS, 2 SOAK, 0 WASH)

SHOULD I BUY A 12TH PAIR OF N+F JAWNZZZ?

GUSTIN OKAYAMA STANDARD FADES (4 MONTHS, 13 SOAKS, 0 WASHES)

ONI HIGH TAPERED FIT CHECK

HELP INTERNET PANTS FRIENDS! IS A 5.25" HEM SMALL ENOUGH? (TANUKI HIGH TAPER QUESTION)

I post sparingly on there because sometimes there is some interesting conversation, but the vast majority is fluff.

No, you're missing a few steps—it's more like

JUST BOUGHT BRAVESTAR, WHAT SHOULD I BUY NEXT?

SHOULD I BUY A 12TH PAIR OF N+F JAWNZZZ?

GUSTIN OKAYAMA STANDARD FADES (4 MONTHS, 13 SOAKS, 0 WASHES)

HELP INTERNET PANTS FRIENDS! IS A 5.25" HEM SMALL ENOUGH? (TANUKI HIGH TAPER QUESTION)

Ive never looked at Heddels @edmond i was asked to submit some of my faded jeans for the gallery or something but Na, it's not for me.

Ive only looked at reddit once when @julian-wolf posted about Sugarcane, it's fucking bizzarre!

Nice jeans where did you get them?
'Yahoo'
Did you get them from ebay?
'Yahoo'
Yahoo has auctions?
Nice jeans where did you get them?...and so on.

Folks cant even be arsed to read the post directly above their own :D
Edited by Double 0 Soul

26 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

Just to add some extra info to the bar tacked red tab... Here's what mine looks like now on a pair of 1947 jeans. It's basically melted haha

20200425_202321.thumb.jpg.4d9a3dc57c9a9f7199cc788896c6f060.jpg

20200425_202537.thumb.jpg.09a9530f4e88d8a4af801ef370cffb44.jpg

Get some pics of these posted , denim looks great 

On 11/23/2019 at 6:00 PM, propellerbeanie said:

Washed my 1947 cut again. WH denim is always nice to wear!

20191123_163858.thumb.jpg.547ef4504b1a6d5c85c29652daa7e85b.jpg

20191123_163912.thumb.jpg.1a87995a42c215268400ec1ad2b3e641.jpg

20191123_163945.thumb.jpg.d97ac92a41a4d0279cfdd2599baae18b.jpg

20191123_163959.thumb.jpg.b2c01b217d9de8911a31d0794f0d7727.jpg

20191123_164038.thumb.jpg.6583e03b7b132074b8aeb392fe74ff91.jpg

20191123_164055.thumb.jpg.467739c8b379cbd406cc93c3a12c75f3.jpg

@Flash Thanks, I posted an update a little while ago but haven't worn them since!

@edmond Here's a link to the 1947 cut. It's a pretty straight cut (maybe slightly narrower thighs than the 1946) in their regular banner denim.

8 hours ago, Broark said:

Let me guess, you came over here just to make an account and reply to this. Nice. Congrats.

@Broark

Let me guess, you didn’t even bother checking that it’s not true.

I’ve actually had this account for some time now, originally made it to ask for suggestions on This or That thread or whatever it’s called, and was planning to post some more but just didn’t. There are a few threads I check fairly recently though, this being one of them, as I’m looking to get a pair of Warehouse jeans. You can see me asking Kiya about them in SE thread.

So no, I didn’t make it for this specific post, just reading what y’all wrote about Reddit here gave me a genuine laugh, so I decide to post the first think that came to mind, that’s it. Decided to continue with the joke if you will.

This last page or so of discussion is reminding me a lot of the "Old SuFu" of circa 2011.

It's an interesting reminder of how much this forum has changed over the years. Back when I joined it was an outright hostility contest. I can't remember if many of those same people are still around, but a few contemporary posters (like Double 0 Soul) certainly seem to have chilled out since then.

All that's missing is for Bandana Almanac to show up and start throwing a fit when somebody makes an off-hand comment about how Kapital is just okay.