Warehouse

Medine

On 2/23/2020 at 7:07 PM, julian-wolf said:

Anyone have any background info on these? Tag reads 1001XX / 1000, but beyond that and the fabric there's not a whole lot to go off of.

Yes. I recently sold a pair of Lot 800's that look very similar to these, the denim in it's raw state looks exactly the same as the ones you posted, they have the all black thread theme as well. First things first, mine were not Selvedge, so that may take away a bit of the surprise when you get them. The denim is very light, probably not much more than 12oz, if even that. I only washed mine at 30 degrees and they still shrunk a lot, pretty much exactly to tag size which was 34x32, but because of the cut being slightly different to my other Lot 800's it felt a bit smaller. It's very, very hairy denim and fades quite quickly. I also have a pair with the same or at least very similar 1001XX / 1000 patch but they're indigo with a pink Selvedge line. I actually managed to find the original pictures from the Yahoo auctions listing, which is weird as it's from Feb 2018!!!

789e99

789e9a

789e9b

Thanks @501XX4EVER, those look great! If these wear anywhere near as nicely as yours I’ll be satisfied. The listing did show busted outseams with a selvedge and a standard red-on-white ticker, so probably a different fabric, but here’s to hoping the yarns used are similar

Anyway, they’re en route from the proxy service as of last night, so we’ll find out soon enough EMS willing

12 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Thanks @501XX4EVER, those look great! If these wear anywhere near as nicely as yours I’ll be satisfied. The listing did show busted outseams with a selvedge and a standard red-on-white ticker, so probably a different fabric, but here’s to hoping the yarns used are similar

Anyway, they’re en route from the proxy service as of last night, so we’ll find out soon enough EMS willing

That's wild if they're Selvedge, I don't think Warehouse has made any kind of raw black denim in years so whatever they are they're very old anyway.

The other thing I loved about the 800's were the pocket bags, they were a lovely cream color and had a selvedge finish on the inside of the bottom seam, really nice pocket bags!!!

Hey folks—I haven't posted here in ages and I'm glad to see this forum still kicking.

Anyway, I have a decade-old pair of 1001XX jeans that I'd love to approximate with a new pair. Is the DD line my best bet? As far as I can tell, the 1001XX these days is quite slim, and even has a short, 4-

Both pairs suit you really well Ryan. I'm hoping the WH contest comes to fruition and we get something similar to these out of it.
Looks like WH has the DD-2001 in 46 again according to their blog, maybe I'll score one this time.

7 hours ago, Flash said:

I've also seen similar buttons on 46's , almost like a coating on the button heads ( I'll look through my saved pics and see if I can find the vintage examples ) 

Ive just had a quick scoot through my pics and i can't find a vintage example of the wax coating but i know exactly what you mean, SC repro'd it aswell on their 46's

IMG_7539

I did find an example of the yellow 'proofing' which FW's were trying to emulate with the buttons on their 47's

$_57

Im not 100% sure of era?? this is the only photo and ive added no description... slack

Enjoyed this one 

I've really been impressed with the dubblwworks,  there a really good mid 50's repro so I took the opportunity to compare them to one of Jack's 50's pairs 

20200301_160429

The thread colours are almost exactly the same , both have copper yoke and back seam and the pockets also are also a match with copper used for constructing the pocket and yellow for the arcs 

20200301_160530

The arcs are really similar in shape and they even have the same wonky triangle 

20200301_160851

Don't think I rinsed all the soap out of the warehouse ....oops , I'll have to give it a quick soak 

20200301_16064220200301_160612

cool post @Flash !

2 hours ago, Flash said:

20200301_095736

I prefer the back pocket shape of the conners and the overall sewing ( but the warehouse thread colour is nicer imo ), it's conners biggest and best feature feature . Maybe it's stupid to think like this but knowing that the seams on the conners are hand folded makes them a cut above as far as historical accuracy goes

Do you know as a fact that other makers don't hand fold the back pockets? SPI sewing on Warehouse looks tighter, also in other models.

31 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

cool post @Flash !

Do you know as a fact that other makers don't hand fold the back pockets? SPI sewing on Warehouse looks tighter, also in other models.

No mate don't know for a fact but thinking logicly compared to conners , warehouse and the other big manufactures are on a scale of mass production. The jeans are surely not built by one person or I think they would make a point to state it ,  more than likely they are made on an assembly line of sorts and I would guess to make things easier they would use more modern production methods like ironing seams 

Edited by Flash

Cleaning out my closet and came across this pair. Can't remember wearing it so can't be a lot, looks like i took it on a couple of bike rides to break it in though. I don't wear denim anymore ever so i really have no use for this. Gave it a wash before taking these. If anyone's interested for something like 100$ excluding shipping shoot me a message.

eS6uYZn.jpg?1

1HrYHv0.jpg

idyrZCR.jpg

ckatW1s.jpg

The black 1001xx / 1000 have landed! To confirm the above: they are made from a selvedged fabric, with a standard red-on-white ticker.

The most interesting bit of identifying info is that, despite the overall '40s–'50s detailing, the belt loops are made from a different, lighter-weight fabric from the rest of the jeans. Anyone know what to make of that?

No pictures, yet, but they seem like great jeans overall. I'm really excited to give these some wear.

edit: They're in the wash now—inseam measures 36.3" raw, so I'll be pretty surprised if they shrink up to be too short. Fingers crossed anyhow.

Edited by julian-wolf