Warehouse

Medine

4 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

1) is 800 C/L still available - what is model number that follows 800? may be nice to have C/L heading into summer

I have the Warehouse 800 and wear them during the Chicago summer up to about 85 degrees F. Any warmer and they become too uncomfortable.

Depending on the cut you're looking for, the Ooe Yofukuten 01xx is a great summer jean. The denim weight is listed as 13.4 oz, but they feel lighter than that. They have room in the top block and legs to keep you cool and a tapered waist to keep from falling down. Shameless promotion - I have a size 36 (fits like a 34 or 35) for sale in the classifieds.

could also be the 1997 Warehouse Store Anniversary pair - main difference is the denim used.

how does the denim and the selvedge look like?

most likely it's the 1997 release for the 10th (?) Anniversary of the Warehouse Store...

IMG_3505_zpszygd2yij.jpg
IMG_3506_zpsevwmkyoh.jpg
IMG_3508_zpsbtycijzi.jpg
IMG_3509_zpsj8zzkm0h.jpg

it's probably pretty rare, too - but it didn't use the old Duck Digger Denim. same patch, though...

FYI, best way to identify when produced is to have a look at metal parts.

1a.png.95214f877fa9321ec5518a5896c95823.png

^very first parts (1995-1998).

The button is made of zinc, and rivets are copper.

1b.thumb.png.666e4ec3192b69e93c2493d11905652c.png

^1998-2001.

The button is made of iron, and note that the rivet says "K.K." instead of "O.K.".

1c.thumb.png.e17c1838f165363cf08c232365565282.png

^2002-

button is iron, and rivets are iron with copper plating.

Button is white-ish rather than silver.

The label with big W is for Warehouse Osaka store in 1997 (not very sure), but also produced for the sample-sale jeans and lucky-bag jeans.

Recently warehouse produces sample jeans with old labels and variety of texture, but old metal parts are not used, afaik.

Hope this helps

Edited by kameidaclub

That's a great post there @kameidaclub, as long as your dropping Warehouse based knowledge, do you have any information on why Warehouse sometimes uses the pink selvedge-ID? I made another addition to my collection of pink selvedge-ID just after Christmas, see page 259/260 for the others, a pair of Lot 1101. Below are the pictures from the original listing on yahoo auctions. They've had a soak and a wash or two since then, they are a perfect 66-ish cut.

b582ea

b582eb

b582ec

b582ed

b582ef

AFAIK, the pink selvedge denim is for sample-sale, inazuma-festival, and lucky-bag.

Maybe pink selvedge and yellow selvedge are woven at the same factory, but the pink selvedge denim is cheaper and so used for many other brands.

I just googled and found these:

https://deni-log.com/warehouse-1001xx-luckybagmodel-currentmodel-compare/

https://deni-log.com/warehouse-lot1000-1001xx-01/

https://deni-log.com/warehouse-lot1101-2019-luckybagmodel-review/

9 hours ago, kameidaclub said:

AFAIK, the pink selvedge denim is for sample-sale, inazuma-festival, and lucky-bag.

Maybe pink selvedge and yellow selvedge are woven at the same factory, but the pink selvedge denim is cheaper and so used for many other brands.

I just googled and found these:

https://deni-log.com/warehouse-1001xx-luckybagmodel-currentmodel-compare/

https://deni-log.com/warehouse-lot1000-1001xx-01/

https://deni-log.com/warehouse-lot1101-2019-luckybagmodel-review/

If I could give you a million rep points for that post and information I would, thanks so much. I am now making you the Mayor of the Warehouse thread!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

From the Google translate of the deni-log blog, it seems with the "Lucky Bag" stuff you send the Warehouse Online Store or a actual physical Store(?) a specific amount of Yen and based on how much you send you get a kind of lucky dip selection of Warehouse stuff and it's on a get what you are given basis, I think???. Meaning you might get items that aren't your size. This is probably why some the jeans are for sale fairly cheaply on yahoo auctions, e.g. my pair of Lot 1101, that are the same as the ones on the blog, had a buyout price of 10,200 yen or roughly €85, a steal basically and they came with a plain white t-shirt, so I guess someone didn't like their "Lucky-Bag" and decided to offload it cheaply.

(Edit to say I think the "Lucky Bag" stuff and the Festival items would be a Japan only promotion???.)

The info on the deni-log blog you posted seems to suggest that some of the pink selvedge jeans/festival jeans seem to be kinda hybrid/Frankenstein models, not really specific to a particular model year but maybe a mix and match of various details for the decade a model was produced, not a specific year like L.V.C. attempt to do, E.G. a load of details from the 50's models rather that a 1955 cut. This would definitely be the case with the lot 2012xx I have, it's a lot of vintage details but a very slim, almost skinny cut.

Keep posting any info you have on Warehouse @kameidaclub, it's always great quality stuff, thanks again.

Edited by 501XX4EVER

Warehouse official lucky bag, you pay 10000yen, 30000yen, or 50000yen, then choose your tops size (S,M,L,XL) and bottoms size(28-36).

But some shops allowed bottoms size only S/M/L (maybe 28-30/31-33/34-36), so people might not like the fit and sell them through web auctions.

BTW the quality of luck bag is getting worse and uniform every year, 10+ years ago 10000yen bag occasionally included jacket: today in most cases 10000yen bag consist of 2 t-shirts and 1 trousers/jeans.

And of course, you cannot choose the specific products and the shops want to dispose the unsold/unpopular products; no wonder it's unlucky bag for someone:D

Below are just guessing:

As for frankenstein jeans, shops and customers (who pay full price) don't like the sample sale and inazuma festival where original jeans are sold at half price or so.

(eg; many complained that Samurai jeans sold their original jeans too much at a low price, today they do not join the inazuma festival.)

That's why warehouse started producing frankenstein jeans and selling them for popularizing purpose.

But I have no doubt about the quality, they are surely produced on the same line.

for comparison:

here are some pics from my pair of @Bobbo's previously mentioned tour pair (1001XX in Duck Digger denim - 100 pairs only for Izumi Denim Store in 2013 or earlier)

IMG_1430_zpsezn5hm7z.jpg
IMG_1431_zpsjhsvprwn.jpg
IMG_1432_zpszuzrk09h.jpg
IMG_1433_zps1mhdsk70.jpg
IMG_1434_zpssmjvjhhq.jpg
IMG_1435_zpsszdwqcna.jpg
IMG_1436_zps7t57lwml.jpg

Hi I need some help please i own a pair of Lot 900 unsanforized denim and after soaking to get the shrinkage out of the way the denim feels like a sand paper on my legs. i have been put of wearing them but been wearing them on and off. recently wore it 4 days straight and they feel a little softer but still very rough. They use memphis cotton. it is my second unsanforized denim i own.

The only other unsanforized denim i own is Momotaro G004mb one wash size 30 waist 32 leg hemmed (interested PM me) as for that pair it's a one wash unsanforrized and feels extreamly smooth on the legs. What my concern is about the warehouse lot 900 is weather they soften up at all as they are very bumby texture on the inside and rough on my legs.

As for the fit of the lot 900 it is almost near perfect other than the front rise being a little on the lower side but it is ok. the denim cut fit is near perfection but the feel of the denim is painfully rough. 

The momo's G004mb i have are too small in the waist and have been worn once with almost no fades anyone interested please PM me we can work something out. i have a 30 waist size availiable.

Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated gents 

Thank you 

These are the lot 900 I own the inside I’m pointing at is the rough and bumpy so is it normal or does it soften with time if so roughly how many wears ? Thanks

070172C7-F42C-49DC-9636-EDAF018DD2EF.jpeg

92E27358-494B-4868-9CD8-7E6FAB6FC8D5.jpeg

397CDED8-73D1-4E9A-9BFD-8F4BB60EB855.jpeg

Edited by SF2Turbo

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

That rough feeling is totally normal and something many people like. It will go away though after some time. Give it more days. If your jeans fit you tight, the rough feeling might be stronger. 

Thanks for the response yes the denim fit very close but not tight. they are true to what they say and are slim as described. so the denim is def pretty snug around the thighs and have a subtle taper almost a straight leg. I do remember after the initial soak the first week they were even rougher. so hopefully they get a bit more softer to make them wearable. i don't mind stiff denim as that is to be expected but the bumpy texture i am not a big fan of.

I'll tough it out for one full month of wear and see the result thanks once again

46 minutes ago, 501XX4EVER said:

If they're that uncomfortable there is probably still a lot of starch in them so, if it was me, I would give the a gentle run through the washing machine with a bit of mild detergent.

Thanks only prob is I need to allow maximum stretch as if they shrink just by 1 cm the waist will be too tight but after 1 month if unbearable I will def risk a second soak 

13 minutes ago, SF2Turbo said:

Thanks only prob is I need to allow maximum stretch as if they shrink just by 1 cm the waist will be too tight but after 1 month if unbearable I will def risk a second soak 

They'll stretch a lot easier without any starch in them and if you're worried about size differences in cm's, they might be just a bit too small for you. Judging by the photo's they still look quite "raw".

Edited by 501XX4EVER