Warehouse

Medine

48 minutes ago, jsky808080 said:

30% sounds leniant compared to the UK. We pay Duty + VAT and they even charges extra taxes on the shipping cost. i'll never order from abroad again. in America - can you order from japan to america without any duty? you guys are so lucky. we are really taxed to death in the UK - for example $.76/litre on fuel for example

US buyers have a customs threshold of around $800.00, for us poor souls in the UK it is £15.00 including shipping cost.

19 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

beautiful jacket indeed. what makes it better than than FC or TCB versions for example - fit? construction? denim?

Compared to TCB I much prefer the shorter, boxier fit of the Warehouse type II. My favorite aspect of this jacket is that the banner denim does an exceptional job of recreating the look of a Levi’s original type II. Here are some more faded examples 

https://info.ware-house.co.jp/usedsample/item/jacket/

https://warehouse-labo.tumblr.com/

On 11/21/2018 at 5:18 PM, cusswords said:

Compared to TCB I much prefer the shorter, boxier fit of the Warehouse type II. My favorite aspect of this jacket is that the banner denim does an exceptional job of recreating the look of a Levi’s original type II. Here are some more faded examples 

https://info.ware-house.co.jp/usedsample/item/jacket/

i agree on the shorter fit - i'm only 5'7 so works better for me too. i'm after a type II as well - and want to try warehouse/FC version as like the subtlety from those 3 brands

my dad has an old beaten levi's thats got to be 30+ years old..i'll see if i can dig it out next time i'm home 

On 11/20/2018 at 11:08 PM, bod said:

US buyers have a customs threshold of around $800.00, for us poor souls in the UK it is £15.00 including shipping cost.

wow - everything is just so much cheaper in the US. an $800 threshhold is just amazing. serioulsy taxed to death in the UK

whenever i've tried to order anything from Japan or US the charges have been so heavy that i've swore every time woudl be the last. 

1 hour ago, jsky808080 said:

i agree on the shorter fit - i'm only 5'7 so works better for me too. i'm after a type II as well - and want to try warehouse/FC version as like the subtlety from those 3 brands

my dad has an old beaten levi's thats got to be 30+ years old..i'll see if i can dig it out next time i'm home 

I don’t think the shorter length needs to correlate with shorter height of the wearer. My belief is that the jacket will look vintage and correct if it is short. If it is long it’ll look silly and modern. Silly in my opinion because these jackets were originally designed to be short. You shouldn’t be able to wear a proper jean jacket without your shirt tucked in - imho

love those warehouse type 2s. One day...

Edited by erk

17 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

where do you US guys buy warehouse, TCB, full count etc.i have a friend over in Washington so can send stuff to him. $800 allowance is unreal for purchases

For Fullcount use Pirates or Bears Rakuten 

2 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

perfect. any of you guys speak japenese?

i wanted to order this from warehouse in black, but can't copy the japense text from drop down into translator. which drop down is black in japenese for this hoody?

https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=118838051

ブラック

The third option!

Hi guys, im looking to get a pair of fullcounts with the arcs and tab. I'm just reading conflicting info so i'd like to get some of your inputs. Also, i need to purchase in the next 48 hrs (friend is leaving tokyo soon).

Cut- the 0105 is like the warehouse 1000 or SC 1947 right? FC Describes these as loose and the 1101 as regular fit, but the measurements say otherwise. Would the 1101 be closer to a WH lot 800?

Denim- it seems the 0105 and 1101 are available in the 13.7oz and 15.5oz xx denim. Are these post soak weights? If these are pre soak the xx would end up quite heavy. Which can provide a more classic fade?

Shrinkage and stretching- I've read that FC denim stretch quite a bit so i need to size down 1. I usually wear 33 or 34 in most brands. Is the stretching really big? 

Thanks!

** sorry, i just realized i posted this in the Warehouse thread

Edited by mousemouse

^ Here are some quick thoughts -- others can weigh in with more precision:

Fullcount denims are the most stretchy of any I've owned.  I'm a 33 in FC1101 or 0105, a 34 in Warehouse 800, and 36 in Ooe.  FC denim is also very comfortable and soft, especially the 13.7 oz. banner denim.  I love the XX too -- more weight, yes, but a little darker and more texture too.  For sheer comfort, it's tough to beat FC banner.

Both the Warehouse 800 and FC 0105/1101 have relatively high rises.  The 800 (to me) seems trimmer in the top block and thighs.  I'd say the 800 is more like the 1101 than the 0105, which is wider at the bottom.

The 800 denim is also quite soft, rivaling FC.  But it has a thicker, nubbier feel, if that's a word.  The 800 denim feels heavier than FC banner but lighter than FC XX.  Just my impressions ;-)

John

That was quick! Thanks JohnM! Most of my jeans are on the looser end of the spectrum: SC47, hawaiis and okinawas and most recently the roy memorial jeans. I recently tried a slimmer cut in the wh lot 800, and really like the slimmer leg and the higher that usual rise. I've had trouble before with the lower rise and tight hips of my sd101. I think i will get the 1101 if the hips are a little bigger than the wh 800 but maintains the higher rise. 

^ Here are some quick thoughts -- others can weigh in with more precision:

Fullcount denims are the most stretchy of any I've owned.  I'm a 33 in FC1101 or 0105, a 34 in Warehouse 800, and 36 in Ooe.  FC denim is also very comfortable and soft, especially the 13.7 oz. banner denim.  I love the XX too -- more weight, yes, but a little darker and more texture too.  For sheer comfort, it's tough to beat FC banner.

Both the Warehouse 800 and FC 0105/1101 have relatively high rises.  The 800 (to me) seems trimmer in the top block and thighs.  I'd say the 800 is more like the 1101 than the 0105, which is wider at the bottom.

The 800 denim is also quite soft, rivaling FC.  But it has a thicker, nubbier feel, if that's a word.  The 800 denim feels heavier than FC banner but lighter than FC XX.  Just my impressions ;-)

John

Edited by mousemouse

^i_denim, I was referring to FC in that sentence -- FC's banner denim is as as soft as any I've experienced.

The denim on the Warehouse 800 is also quite soft, in a thicker, nubbier way.  But for sheer softness and comfort, I'd rate FC banner #1.

As an aside, soft isn't necessarily better IMO.  Sometimes harder is better.  Wait ...

Thanks for the correction b_F.  I always wondered where the term 'banner denim' came from and assumed it referred to any company's standard denim.  But you're saying it's only Warehouse and pertains to Levi's big, silkscreened advertising banners, if I understand correctly.  Did Warehouse make this reference themselves and did they make a denim that closely matched the denim or details shown in the banners?

Exactly, they reproduced the denim from a 1930s Levi's denim banner. Yes I think they called it themselves banner denim. Made from 3 different USA cotton.

While I really like their take on this, sometimes I think they use it too often . Especially since its based on 1930s denim, why use it on 50s or 60s cuts?

Has anyone who has ordered jeans directly from the Warehouse wedsite also had their jeans hemmed in the same order? I’m assuming I could leave a note in the order form with my desired inseam but if anyone has any tips on how to communicate with Warehouse it would be greatly appreciated. 

leave a comment or wait for their reply/confirmation mail to your order.

they have never shipped out an order without email communication beforehand.