Warehouse

Medine

On 11/8/2018 at 12:11 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If I understood this right, you have the opportunity to try the jeans on in person in a shop which is specialized in those jeans? The majority of us doesn't have this chance and is probably jealous :D  
We can only give you hints or tips what could work based on your measurements but this will always be vague. Nothing beats trying on the jeans in person and be advised by the shop staff who will actually see you and how the jeans fit you. So yeah, your best solution is really to visit the shop again (Son of a Stag?!) and see what fits best. And if possible, get a one-wash version to get rid off the guessing work with shrinkage and so.

Hey - yes I can visit Son of a Stag in person - they have some FC, Warehouse - and even TCB - i like the look of all those. i did try one pair of FC at Son of a Stag - but was in a rush so couldnt try others. on the model i tried - the red tab was cut off - small detail but i do like the red tab especially as the jeans age. just reminds me of levis 501s from when i was a kid in canada.

in regards to one-wash - my understanding is the waist will still stretch out across all denim? so size them snug?

as i'm trying to get my queistiosn out the way - would denim jackets have similar way to size (e.g. buy in one wash and can use same advice re stretching out on denim). really like the warehouse, tcb (30s) and full count ones

Edited by jsky808080

On 11/9/2018 at 12:07 PM, MasonAlexander said:

I mean... It isnt THAT scary to order off of the internet. Stores have return policies for a reason! Get out there an explore!

-Place Order (with no hemming)
-Pace back and forth around the house for several days to several weeks until said order arrives
-Rip open box
-Try on jeans
-Do the jeans fit?   <if yes, have them hemmed and wear em proud> < if no, return to sender and try again<

not sure where you live, but in the UK we have really punishing import duties. i ordered 2 t shirts from outlier in NYC a few months back - duties were over £90+ on the t-shirts. so i sent them back, filled in the customs returns forms. spent in excess of 3 hours (fill in forms, phoning - mostly being hold) trying to deal with customs to get the money back as can prove items were shipped back. its the last time i order from the USA or japan to the UK - our queen needs the tax dollars it seems. time to move! seems easier in america to order from japan

23 hours ago, Pedro said:

So you typed all this instead of typing a simple “yes” or “no” to the man’s question on sizing?

I don’t understand that impulse.

Why not be supportive & cooperative? 

Isn’t it completely possible that as time passes and more people have worn these articles of clothing that early reports on sizing might be found to not represent the majority?

Inclusion...try it on for size ;-)

hey pedro - i appreciate your back-up. but to be honest - the forums more fun with a bit of controversy. it would be a pretty boring forum if everyone was patient and just answering each others questions straight up. vote for pedro - i seriously have to watch that again. classic

On 11/8/2018 at 7:58 PM, zwer said:

At my advanced age I've learned to care about two things: leg length and hem width. Everything else is totally variable. Jeans too tight? Lose weight. Jeans too loose, tighten your belt. Thighs too tight? See how they stretch out after a few weeks wear (not a few hours) and either sell them or lay off the squats. Rise too low? Lose weight...

It goes on and on.

In terms of Warehouse 900s, it relates like this: I'm a big guy. If I went by measurements alone I never would have bought these jeans. But, as long as I stay under a certain weight, they're amazing. I go above that weight? They're too tight, the rise is too low and the thighs feel like they're bursting.

They're worth the work. 

interesting approach. i hear you about the jeans stretching out. i'm currently workign on a pair of 3 sixteens i'm finding tighgt but they are loosening up. for me (i'm also at an advanced age) - i am thinking - denim should feel reasonably comfortable everywhere day 1 (except for the waist whcih stretches out from pressure). if thighs are too tight and the jeans are on my mind everytime i sit down at a desk - then i probably shoudl buy a different model. sure the thighs will stretch - but then by the time the jeans start to look good the crotch blows out.

but you know theres no right or wrong. i'm only 5'7/160 pounds - if i lose weight to fit in jeans i'll start to feel slight. so i guess jeans are just so personal - and every one of us has different criteria when selecting a pair. and every pair is unique over time. so thats pretty cool and i guess why we're all on here lookign at pictutres of fades.

Edited by jsky808080

With you on the UK import tax, been stung myself lots of times. If you can afford the UK mark up and try on in store then you should go in and buy them, especially when relatively new to raw or trying a different brand. For brands I'm familiar with I ship from Japan. 

One wash should be snug in the waist at first but will stretch out with wear as will the thighs but not so much. Tight thighs are a pain though as they also impact on the rise if too snug. 

A lot of these questions and points have been going back and forth for a long time but you have the best option available to get the right fit. Go into SOAS,  R&H (unbeatable service ) or clutch cafe and try some one wash pairs on. 

On 11/10/2018 at 1:10 PM, jsky808080 said:

hey pedro - i appreciate your back-up. but to be honest - the forums more fun with a bit of controversy. it would be a pretty boring forum if everyone was patient and just answering each others questions straight up. vote for pedro - i seriously have to watch that again. classic

Right on.

I am new here and the passive-aggressive on this board is surprising to me...and I have always thought snippety responses to well-intentioned questions as being quite unmasculine. But then most of my time is spent on work related forums in a professional atmosphere.

That movie is one of my all-time favorites. I was blown away by Napoleon’s dancing the first time I saw it and even when I re-run it these years later.

-Pedro

Edited by Pedro

anyone has any progress/fit pictures of their 1105? I missed out on the limited edition but seems they will release it again this winter in a one wash edition. Problem is the inseam of these will be hella short! I mean 29" inseam for a size 32?!

I actually just started wearing the 1105s Warehouse released in 2014 while my 1001s make their way through the Indigo Proof waitlist. I’ll take some photos once I’m home, but I have several fit and update photos in this thread. 

My pair is a banner denim version, but I believe the next release a 12oz denim rather than Warehouse’s usual 13 and 14oz denims. The new 1105 looks similar to the cotton/linen denim, so I’ve been waiting patiently for Warehouse to post some more info on these pairs. 

On 11/11/2018 at 8:48 AM, Geeman said:

With you on the UK import tax, been stung myself lots of times. If you can afford the UK mark up and try on in store then you should go in and buy them, especially when relatively new to raw or trying a different brand. For brands I'm familiar with I ship from Japan. 

One wash should be snug in the waist at first but will stretch out with wear as will the thighs but not so much. Tight thighs are a pain though as they also impact on the rise if too snug. 

A lot of these questions and points have been going back and forth for a long time but you have the best option available to get the right fit. Go into SOAS,  R&H (unbeatable service ) or clutch cafe and try some one wash pairs on. 

perfect. actually in SF today so may try self edge - although the brands i wanna try (FC, TCB, Warehouse) dont seem to be easy to find in US

Here is the current state of my 1105s along with a fit from when they were new. I bought these one-wash while at warehouse store in Shibuya a few years ago. This is a great fit without being to slim through the thighs and no ridiculous amount of taper. 

I was also mistaken about the denim. The Warehouse catalogue now lists the upcoming 1101/1109/1105 as using the 13.5 ounce banner denim. 

F65CA3A0-11CD-4B47-8150-5ACE42462431.jpeg

DF7C0638-E4BD-4490-9D95-69290F37FD48.jpeg

9774F6BC-5500-4727-A650-19BE1D4F0B13.jpeg

On 11/11/2018 at 3:06 AM, jsky808080 said:

not sure where you live, but in the UK we have really punishing import duties. i ordered 2 t shirts from outlier in NYC a few months back - duties were over £90+ on the t-shirts. so i sent them back, filled in the customs returns forms. spent in excess of 3 hours (fill in forms, phoning - mostly being hold) trying to deal with customs to get the money back as can prove items were shipped back. its the last time i order from the USA or japan to the UK - our queen needs the tax dollars it seems. time to move! seems easier in america to order from japan

You are right about that. In America we don’t even think of Import Duties.

But I just had some items sent to me from jp while on a gig over here in Thailand and got hit for 30% import. 

The Customs Officer actually went to the internet to research the actual cost fron the online catalog.

Lesson learned.

3 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

perfect. actually in SF today so may try self edge - although the brands i wanna try (FC, TCB, Warehouse) dont seem to be easy to find in US

If you can make it across the bay, you might check Standard & Strange. They carry a bunch of Fullcount (though mostly just the slimmer cuts), some subset of TCB (maybe just the 505 jeans, for now…not sure), and have a few Warehouse samples which you may be able to try on depending on size.

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

If you can make it across the bay, you might check Standard & Strange. They carry a bunch of Fullcount (though mostly just the slimmer cuts), some subset of TCB (maybe just the 505 jeans, for now…not sure), and have a few Warehouse samples which you may be able to try on depending on size.

ahh didnt have time to make it across the smokey bay. will check them out on the next trip

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

ahh didnt have time to make it across the smokey bay. will check them out on the next trip

On 11/16/2018 at 6:18 PM, Pedro said:

You are right about that. In America we don’t even think of Import Duties.

But I just had some items sent to me from jp while on a gig over here in Thailand and got hit for 30% import. 

The Customs Officer actually went to the internet to research the actual cost fron the online catalog.

Lesson learned.

30% sounds leniant compared to the UK. We pay Duty + VAT and they even charges extra taxes on the shipping cost. i'll never order from abroad again. in America - can you order from japan to america without any duty? you guys are so lucky. we are really taxed to death in the UK - for example $.76/litre on fuel for example

And while I’m here... heres my 2002xx I’ve had for two years. Jacket season is extremely short in New Orleans, so this spends more time in the closet than not. The banner denim is perfect for a type II and in my humble opinion this is one of the best denim jackets on the market.  

beautiful jacket indeed. what makes it better than than FC or TCB versions for example - fit? construction? denim?