Warehouse

Medine

11 hours ago, JDelage said:

What are those "2nd hand" jeans (as translated by Mr Google...)

https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=132359634

https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=132359584

Usually the "2nd hand" are pre-distressed jeans from Warehouse. The jeans you linked are clearly not pre-distressed other than one-washed. Maybe the pictures now are only used as placeholder and will be replaced later.

The 1105 modei is a repro of the Levi's 505 and the 1100 is Warehouse's take on the Levi's 501 from the late 60s. So all the details are correct and are no budget line (sorry @Thanks_M8).
What's interesting about these is, that they use a 12oz (possibly new) denim.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

12 hours ago, JDelage said:

What is the difference between a 1003XX and a 1003SXX model? Thx!

The 1003SXX is like your typical jeans with WW2 detailing such as no rivets on the coin pocket, olive herringbone pocket bags, and laurel leaf buttons. The standard model has no arcs whatsoever, but the limited model of the 1003SXX is the one that has the painted Levi's arcs. I think you can consider the 1003XX to be a hybrid of the 1003SXX and 1001XX as it shares the same 14.5 oz denim and pocket bags as the 1003SXX, but also has the double-stitched arcs, coin pocket rivets, and regular Warehouse-branded buttons. I'm not too sure how their shapes differ from one another...

On 9/26/2018 at 2:34 AM, JDelage said:

What is the difference between a 1003XX and a 1003SXX model? Thx!

On 9/26/2018 at 2:52 PM, propellerbeanie said:

The 1003SXX is like your typical jeans with WW2 detailing such as no rivets on the coin pocket, olive herringbone pocket bags, and laurel leaf buttons. The standard model has no arcs whatsoever, but the limited model of the 1003SXX is the one that has the painted Levi's arcs. I think you can consider the 1003XX to be a hybrid of the 1003SXX and 1001XX as it shares the same 14.5 oz denim and pocket bags as the 1003SXX, but also has the double-stitched arcs, coin pocket rivets, and regular Warehouse-branded buttons. I'm not too sure how their shapes differ from one another...

as far as I am aware, WH used the denomination "SXX" for the first time for the 20th anniversary 1003SXX in 2015 and again for the 1001SXX in 2016.
for the 2015 1003SXX the "S" was referring to the S in Simplified - the model was a 1940's simplified WW2 model with no specific year given.
for the 2016 1001SXX no specific comment was made in regards to the "S", as far as I remember. but I think the model could be described as "simplified" after-WW2 model making reference to non-stable after-war quality/supply.

for the recent Duck Digger DD-series they assigned specific years to the models - 1943 for DD-1003SXX and DD-1003SXX LTD - 1945 for DD-1003XX, which could indicate that they are based on specific vintage pairs.
all 3 pairs seem to be simplified war models using the same denim and differ in the back pocket arcs - the DD-1003 S-models appears to have a slimmer cut in the legs than the non-S DD-1003 model.

Edited by Foxy2

5 hours ago, garsag said:

Need help sizing the OR 800s:

Should I order one size bigger than my normal size? How much shrinkage can i expect in from the initial wash?

The 800s will shrink to roughly 1/2 inch below tag size in the waist and to tag size in length. The waist will stretch out to raw measurements with wear. For example, a size 34 x 32 will shrink to 33 1/2 in the waist and a 32 inseam length with a hot soak. In other words, you can expect 2 1/2 inches of shrink in the waist and 2 1/2 to 3 inches of shrink in length. Here are the measurements for my 800s in size 34 (initial hot soak/hang dry and a cold wash/hang dry):

Raw       Hot soak      6 months post-wash

Waist     36          33 1/2         35 3/4

F Rise    12 5/8    12               12

B rise     16 1/8    15 1/2         16

Thigh     13 3/8    12 3/4         13

Knee      9 3/4      9 1/4           9 1/4

Hem       9 1/4      8 5/8           8 3/4

Inseam   35          32 3/8         32 3/8

Also, you can search the thread for setterman's posts to get more info about the shrink properties of the different Warehouse denim weights. 

Edited by Josh'N'Roll
hit enter before done writing post.

^ Although I don’t have the 800, I have a number of other Warehouse models and this seems right. In my experience and as far as I’m aware, Warehouse shrink either to tagged size (or a little beyond) and then stretch back again in the waist. In the length, I find they’re generally about 2” over tagged and shrink to tag or slightly shorter.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

New model from the DD line...

DD-1001(1951 MODEL) ONE WASH

Google translate, for what it's worth...

"This model called 1951 model is jeans born in the middle of the American booming as you can see from that age.
As the final type with a leather label, the impression that the waist circumference was refreshed depends on the sophistication of the tapered silhouette from ridiculous silhouettes to rise fittings and hem from previous workwear.
In the era when jeans built up a position as casual wear, the sewing specifications still remain as weapons, so it can be said that it is a model of the era deserving to call "Authentic"."

No. 7 No. 7 (13.5 Oz) 3 cotton blends of cotton
Aging leather label
With original barrack bag

To my eyes they look nice, I do like an offset rear belt loop.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking I might try out the lot 3001 western, or one of their flannels very soon. Don’t have any experience with their shirts but based on the photos I’d have my whole wardrobe styled by the WH crew. 

3 hours ago, i_denim said:

Warehouse offers a lot of shirts but there s absolutely no talk here about their shirts. What gives?

Many I have looked at have a super boxy cut - very wide body for a given shoulder size. The fabrics look great - in particular, this year's flannels are really nice looking.

Definitely agree WH shirts don't get the love they deserve, I have the 3076 in denim and the 3001 western. The denim on the 3076 is super deep almost navy indigo with a grey weft, and is super hairy with lots of nep. Has been a rather slow fader I think bc of how light the fabric is (probably 6-8oz), but has been super soft and comfortable from the start. The 3001 has been almost the opposite. The denim (bought non-washed and washed at home) has been crazy stiff, and is probably closer to about 10oz. Almost feels like a shirt-jac weight, and feels very heavy with all the snaps. The fabric is also particularly neppy, and looks like it has some interesting slub to it. My only gripe is how high/tight the arm holes are, definitely very Japanese in fit, though the sleeves seem almost disproportionately long to where they're cut, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for western body types. Still yet to try any of their flannels... 

their cuts are vintage inspired - boxy!

if you go by the chest measurements and "under-size" you get short sleeves and too tight collars. I should go 42 for almost all of them, but do 40, occasionally...

outstanding fabrics and aesthetics!
(will have to go through my wardrobe and post selected items...)