Warehouse

Medine

3 hours ago, i_denim said:

Heller's Cafe doesn't seem to be of interest around these parts. I was surprised that he's coined the king of vintage.

They have a great rep, Larry the boss is hugely knowledgeable. It is true the items don't seem to have attracted that much attention outside Japan. I don't look because can't afford.

33x32 800 c/l post hour long hot soak:

waist - 32”

front rise - 11”

back rise - 14.75”

thigh @ crotch - 12.5”

thigh 1” down - 12”

knee - 8.6”

hem - 8.25”

inseam - 31.25”

I didn’t take measurements of my 33x32 14.5 oz denim 800s after their hot soak and cold wash but pre-soak one wash from warehouse they were:

waist - 32.5”

front rise - 11.8”

back rise - 15.5”

thigh @ crotch - 12.5”

thigh 1” down - 12.1”

knee - 8.9”

hem - 8.5”

inseam - 32.75”

I didn’t notice much shrinkage with the 14.5 oz denim outside of the inseam shrinking up to tagged size and the waist getting a bit more snug.

Overall the c/l blend is very nice. I’ve never seen a light denim have such depth of color and texture but I definitely prefer the 14.5oz denim. It’s nice to have something lighter though... c/l pictured.

whBLUEa.jpg

Edited by jegr

16 hours ago, goodrain said:

@jegrAlthough they are one wash, do they get less scratchy after another wash/soak?

I didn’t notice them very scratchy/itchy even before the soak. I actually found them so thin and soft that I skipped the usual wash to leave in a bit more starch. 

HC is going huh?

Ive been looking at a pair of the slims but they were too similar in detail to my Brown Duck Diggers..(is that brand also discontinued? Also Copper King?)

Im just waiting on my next paycheck so I can finally get myself a pair of 1945 DD and saw that they never restocked a lot of their other brands.

The Hellers denim have a 7x10 weave and look pretty sweet super washed out.

Edited by j0el2

Wearing the 800 today and am reminded how soft and comfortable these jeans are -- which prompted me to take a look at the last few Warehouse pages here.  I see there are a number of tempting models that I'm not familiar with, including 1943, '45, and '47.  Now to figure out how they all compare to the 800 and 1105 that I already own and love ...

Those are really cool, not for me because those back pockets are a little too strange for me, but they are beautiful looking jeans.

This denim looks lovely. Anybody with a more extensive knowledge of Warehouse than me able to identify the denim for me? Are they using this particular denim in any of their other jeans?

Side note: I am particularly fond of that cinch design. Is the cinch always tucked and sewn under the real belt loops and Ive just never paid enough attention to notice? Or is that a unique detail