Warehouse

Medine

3 hours ago, i_denim said:

What’s the sizing guidance on Warehouse 800? The tag size 38 mentions a waist of 100cm and 5 cm of shrinkage post washing. So it will end up at 95 cm which is 37 inches. Would it stretch to a 38 or 39 later?

i received excellent sizing info on Flat Heads from Danny at Rivetandhide but unfortunately they don’t carry Warehouse brand. He was spot on to buy FH in 38, they shrank to 36 post wash and looks like will stretch to 37. That’s where I need them to be.

I recently purchased a pair of Warehouse 800 size 34 and have done 1 hot soak (1 hour). Measure flat BiG style, the waist was 18" (36") and shrunk to 16 3/4" (33 1/2"). They stretched out to 17 3/8" (34 3/4") after 2 days of wear, and I'm sure they've stretched a bit more as I've worn them everyday for the past 2 weeks. The front rise went from 12 5/8" to 12" after the hot soak, and has stretched slightly with wear to 12 1/8". The denim stretches pretty easily in the waist and seat, so I don't think you'd have any trouble with the 800 stretching back to the raw waist measurement. Blue in Green stocks these in one wash, so someone there could provide sizing advice, too. Be sure to consider the inseam measurements. The size 34 is tagged with a 32 inseam. The inseam started at 35" and shrunk down to 32 1/2". There is at least another 1/2" of shrink in them if I were to do a hot wash.

The 800 are a great pair of jeans and I highly recommend them if the measurements work for you.

13 hours ago, bod said:

Try a store on Rakuten. I doubt SOAS would although you can get the UK VAT of 20% knocked off their retail price. Warehouse definitely do not mark down packages to avoid customs charges

Warehouse just replied that they can't mark down. I wonder what that is about. I have written to Hinoya and Sonofstag to check if they can mark down.

9 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

Forgot to mention that I am TTS 35, so I sized down 1 on the 800 and they fit perfectly.

That is very helpful. I am a true 37 waist so was thinking of buying it in size 38. Based on your experience, I think I can squeeze into a size 36. Did you buy Raw or One Wash? both Hinoya & Warehouse store have "OR" in stock and I guess it means One Wash/Once Rinsed?

Edited by i_denim

1 hour ago, i_denim said:

That is very helpful. I am a true 37 waist so was thinking of buying it in size 38. Based on your experience, I think I can squeeze into a size 36. Did you buy Raw or One Wash? both Hinoya & Warehouse store have "OR" in stock and I guess it means One Wash/Once Rinsed?

I bought the jeans raw (as others have pointed out, OR = raw) from a local shop, so I was able to try them on before purchasing. I found the advice that @setterman provided throughout the Warehouse thread to be spot on regarding the 800 - the waist will shrink to just below tag size, then stretch back to tag size and beyond if  needed. It sounds like a 36 will work for you - it will shrink to 35 1/2 or so, but will stretch to 37 easily with a couple day's wear. I would ask for measurements from the retailer just to be sure.

5 hours ago, i_denim said:

Warehouse just replied that they can't mark down. I wonder what that is about.

It is mainly (aside from illegal in the eyes of the taxman) to do with insurance, if they send you a pair of jeans worth £200.00 and value them as only £50.00, and then they go missing etc guess how much the sender can claim back from the shipping company..

Edited by bod

19 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:
8 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

I bought the jeans raw (as others have pointed out, OR = raw) from a local shop, so I was able to try them on before purchasing. I found the advice that @setterman provided throughout the Warehouse thread to be spot on regarding the 800 - the waist will shrink to just below tag size, then stretch back to tag size and beyond if  needed. It sounds like a 36 will work for you - it will shrink to 35 1/2 or so, but will stretch to 37 easily with a couple day's wear. I would ask for measurements from the retailer just to be sure.

Got it.

Warehouse website mentions 800 as "Not Tapered" whereas it is listed as Tapered on most other sites.

"A jeans which was a symbol of the under statement is a contemporary standard sublimated by the elegant style of Europe and a silhouette of any style. Straight slim straight without any resistance, while being simple but chic, non-tapered silhouette considering three-dimensional detail and fitting after 1 WASH. " I think it's just bad English translation by my chrome browser.

"The fit around the waist and the line where the diaphragm was effective at the knee part is a moderate hem width which fits neither sneakers nor boots." That is hilarious. I wonder what shoes to wear then ;)

BlueinGreen lists them as "High Rise Regular Taper Fit" Warehouse Lot 800

Edited by i_denim

Scored a pair of 2nd hand Warehouse 1001xx so thought I'd share some [mediocre iphone] pics. In real life the denim has this almost dirty/green-cast look to it... interesting if this is indeed the banner denim. Anyone have a clue if it is? If it helps, it is definitely lighter weight than my Warehouse x Hinoya 1003HXX, the only other pair of Warehouse I own. My best guess is this pair is from 2004 from the patch and the flasher. The tab has "GENUS" on only one side. 

oktD8aY.jpg

accurate texture:

lKr6PQu.jpg

more accurate color:

4yvhOEQ.jpg

h06BNIX.jpg

IeXvJW1.jpg

3MmvEVz.jpg

really dark colored rivets

WnyGF0a.jpg

bjlAx8p.jpg

longhorn patch

f8eJVJV.jpg
ax0mS2A.jpg

@Niro Sorry, finally got a hold of my measuring tape. Better late than never! 

Hinoya x Warehouse 1003HXX sz 29 post soak

waist 15.5 (These jeans are very forgiving in the top block, too much so for me)
front rise 11.5
back rise 15.5
thigh 11.25
opening 8 inches

Thanks man.

From Hinoya measurements, they don't seem to have shrunk much then. If a size 29 is 31 inch waist, then I would need a size 30 I think (as i float around 32 inch waist), but thankfully for my wallet that size is sold out.

Warehouse, Sonofstag and Hinoya replied. Neither of them can mark the package as a gift or under-value them. I have decided to delay the purchase of Warehouse 800 by a month or two. Will order and get it delivered when I am in Dubai next time. That country has no customs duty unlike the stupid 48% in India.

Most brands don’t make their own denim - not even Levi’s. The larger companies have denim custom made (to their spec) from one or more mills while smaller ones may buy stock denim if they do not have sufficient order size or an agreement with the mills.

11 hours ago, cyan said:

Speaking of 1001XX, can someone help identify this patch below? It says 1001XX, but haven't seen one of these in yellowish color before..

1001xx patch.jpg

Could be a special run for Inazuma festival? Think I've seen this one before.

On 2018-03-11 at 10:56 PM, LQW said:

Scored a pair of 2nd hand Warehouse 1001xx so thought I'd share some [mediocre iphone] pics. In real life the denim has this almost dirty/green-cast look to it... interesting if this is indeed the banner denim. Anyone have a clue if it is? If it helps, it is definitely lighter weight than my Warehouse x Hinoya 1003HXX, the only other pair of Warehouse I own. My best guess is this pair is from 2004 from the patch and the flasher. The tab has "GENUS" on only one side. 

This one came out came out before they introduced the banner denim. I'm not sure which year they're from (where's Snake when you need him?!), but perhaps you'll find some answers on one of my favorite Warehouse fanboy blogs: http://blog.livedoor.jp/char3red3/

On 3/13/2018 at 9:49 AM, Bobbo said:

Could be a special run for Inazuma festival? Think I've seen this one before.

Nevermind, I've found it, it's part of Warehouse 2017/18 lucky bag (of 10,000 yen value) sold in Japan, probably a normal 1001 with a different patch.

Managed to get a pair of the 1001XX in that limited run of Duck Digger denim that @bobo put up for a tour in 2015.

hardly worn and for under $100 on yahoo.jp - a size bigger than I would’ve preferred, but wth.

69092E1F-3B8D-4280-B1A2-F1C4A96FFB22.jpeg

A4DB03AD-ACA3-49B6-A243-5347C3315FFE.jpeg