Warehouse

Medine

On 21/01/2018 at 12:37 AM, LQW said:

Picked up a pair of Hinoya x Warehouse 1003xx in Ueno a two weeks ago... I should throw up some pics sometime. Anyone know how much the denim shrinks over time? They're still a bit loose after two soaks.

That would be great if you could! If possible could you also put up post-soak measurements (and pre if you noted it down) please?

They've interested me, but feel they could be a bit too wide for me

6 hours ago, unders said:

Maybe you should go with your gut and get the Unbranded jeans. If the measurements work and the price is right then that makes them a sensible choice. 

From what I can ascertain this is your first venture into raw denim (?) and you need not break the bank right from the get go. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

Edit: I own UB and some of the premium brands discussed on this forum. I regularly wear my UB despite having far better quality jeans. Why? Because the fit works. I’ve learnt that fit is far more important than a brand and bells & whistles. 

I have to say I didn't see this coming. Almost everybody here talks about fabric, detail and replication of yesteryears fit. I haven't heard anything about fit. Thank you, I mean it.

I am with you on this one as the fit of the current jeans I wear (G-Star, Nudies) is perfect for me. I sometimes doubt if the brands can better it any further. Hence, I even thought of buying a pair of raw denim from either in the fits I like. They barely have any Selvedge but do have Raw/untreated/unbroken options.

Also, It's not that I can't afford $400 premium Japanese denim. In fact, I want to. I just want to ask all the newbie questions first and not regret it later. 

Thanks again for being patient and helpful. BTW which UBs do you own and could you point me to anything you've posted about them here?

7 hours ago, Niro said:

That would be great if you could! If possible could you also put up post-soak measurements (and pre if you noted it down) please?

They've interested me, but feel they could be a bit too wide for me

Unfortunately I didn't do presoak measurements but as soon as I get my measuring tape back I'll throw up some measurements. I sized up just in case but even though the top block is a bit loose the silhouette is very clean and trim. I suppose in the way lvc 47s are slim tho I've never owned a pair. 

Since I got them at hinoya they offered to chain stitch them for 10 bucks. A woman working there suggested I leave three inches for shrinkage but unfortunately they only shrank two. Not a huge deal though. 

Lots of loose threads around the jeans too, I wonder if that's part of the WWII detailing. 

Here's some sucky pics in the meantime. 

8Ip94Zg.jpg

RooNoGi.jpg

4LW8PzQ.jpg

Bigger album: https://imgur.com/a/Doh1z

Edited by LQW

Only pair of warehouse I've ever owned but the denim has this really nice blue color to it even before breaking them in which is a nice change from all my really dark jeans, like LVC 66. I suspect they'll have the best vintage color of all my pairs though only time will tell. The texture is quite nice though you'll only know up close, fine with me. Love the nep as well. Possibly my favorite fabric that I own. 

On 2/3/2018 at 8:38 AM, Outdoorsman said:

I've ordered from Warehouse before and I had a very good experience. The original poster didn't say they refused to take it back. Rather, he didn't want to pay for shipping it back to Japan (at his expense) and they offered him a discount on this pair instead. That's pretty obliging if you ask me!

Exactly that- thanks @Outdoorsman- the service I got from them was great, and it was just an unfortunate mistake they sent the wrong version of the jeans, but like I said it's meant I now have the 1945 and 1943 versions and the denim is now my fave fabric. My gripe is with UK customs, which negates any cost saving of Japanese domestic prices. 

@i_denim Don't be scared, but do your research on measurements to ensure the fit is what you want. In terms of quality, style and attention to detail, Warehouse my joint favourite brand with Fullcount, and I put their fabric ahead of FC which is no small feat. You won't be disappointed with the product, just choose the model/style that you know will work for you.

@erk no insights unfortunately, but I doubt we'll ever see anything Lee-branded from them again. Maybe the royalties were too high and they'd rather have the freedom to do their own thing? I don't really know and since WH transitioned to shorter inseams, I'm out of the game anyways.

Edited by Outdoorsman

Hi all,

I recently bought a dubbleworks loopwheeled hoodie from Rakuten, and this is my first time experience with loopwheeled clothings. I really like the fabric and how comfortable it is, but i have a question and would like to ask for help. 

There appears to be a visible "line" with a darker charcoal color at the middle of the hoodie, i took some pictures and circled the area with red. I checked with the Rakuten seller and they responded that there's no issue as the hoodie was made intentionally like this to showcase the vintage styled products. 

Can anyone with more experience on loopwheeled clothings help to validate if this is true? Really appreciate the help!

IMG_E0545[1].JPG

IMG_E0546[1].JPG

21 hours ago, Flash said:

Seems like a production flaw to me , i would think a refund is a hard task on rakuten ?? Never done it myself though 

looks like only melange gray has this and dubbleworks site does show the line as well, so i guess it's fine. 

Thanks anyways!

20 hours ago, Sensuki said:

The photo on the website of that item does have a line through the middle of the garment but it's not as obvious as that one you got

thanks, ya you're right, i checked dubbleworks site again and their image indeed has a line through the garment, but it's more towards the bottom of the hoodie, around the pockets. i guess it's random where it will show up. 

So it looks like the new Duck Digger T-back type I comes in size 46? The WH web shop doesn’t mention it coming in size 46. Not sure if this is a typo by the FortyNiners guys or what, but I’m very excited if they have decided to start making size 46 jackets...

Warehouse has a new stockist in Melbourne, Australia in Lieutenant & Co, a store that just opened today focusing on 1930s-1950s workwear garments. I popped in today and saw they had 800s, 900s, 1101s and probably other models in stock along side a few brands that I hadn't heard of before - Attractions Co. Ltd and Dappered(?)

https://www.instagram.com/lieutenantandco/

Does anyone use the warehouse laundry detergent? I was just wondering on the expiry date or anything like that. I've had mine for a about a year and half and only used it handful of times just wondering if the effectiveness would wear off eventually. 

I guess if the jeans come out looking clean, it should still good right?