Warehouse

Medine

Your truly is feeling pretty fucking triumphant today after having won a pair of 1004XX on yahoo auctions for 86 eur! Unworn, washed twice to get rid of shrinkage, hemmed to my perfect length (either that or warehouse make very short inseams).

It's the first version of a couple years ago, with no arcs. Is it banner denim?

Edited by volvo240thebest

They're a repro of a 1922 Levi. Cinch back, exposed rivets, suspender buttons and belt loops.

The buyee fee was about 9 euro, but it's possible to bot request their inspection service and pay less. Overall I spent about 137 euros included local shipping and Ems to Europe. They won't mark down value on parcels so I'll end up to pay another 20 euros of customs fees on this.

So the wh1004xx arrived safe and sound to volvo's headquarters today. They're absolutely amazing, and the banner denim it's superb. Finally I found a fabric that looks just every bit as good as my beloved TCB pairs... there's lots of nep to the fabric, and even if these were sold as second hand they look as they were never ever been worn.

suspender buttons really don't make a difference as far as comfort is concerned, even when wearing a belt.

fit pics to follow. I have three pairs of suspenders awaiting to be worn in several clownesque outfits that most certainly you'll all appreciate soon...

cheers bud ^

crap smartphone close up pic of the fabric.

lDK18Uf.jpg

looks amazing, the right amount of fluff and nep, the right amount of irregularities and slub, this is serious connoisseur shit...

Pardon my enthusiasm, I'd say I'm late on the wh fanboy bandwagon

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@volvo240thebest nice fit and welcome to the club! Your picture makes the denim look like the Sugar Cane Slack Denim. Really quite irregular.

@beautiful_FrEaK I swear there is no gimmicky photo editing, that's exactly how it looks. I must confess I wasn't prepared to anything that great. I saw Foxy's DD1004 just a few days ago but his pair seemed to look quite a bit flatter. the amount of irregularities, small loom chatters and bits of white neppy cotton fluff it's quite incredible. Funny enough it feels to me like if there was more of these irregularities the whole thing would have looked too flashy and "out there". Must dig out some of my old macro filters and try some close ups over the weekend. Truly a little masterpiece of a fabric, whatever it is (banner or not). It's a light weight denim for sure, quite stretchy, definitely not heavier than 14 oz, possibly less.

Would appreciate if someone knowledgeable about WH could post a link to shed light on which denim was used for the first 1004XX which I believe came out about 2 yrs ago.

I'm typing from my kitchen desktop while the back rivets are happily ruining the straw of my chair, haha! Really hope they won't fuck up the leather seats of my volvo....

If those are a pair from the small run of 1004s from a couple years ago, I'm pretty sure they were a lighter weight denim.... 7x10 or 7x11 or 7x12 (though I could be remembering wrong). I found the Tumblr posts about them, but the WH page they link to is gone.

15 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

Been eyeing that gingham and another one SC has now too. How's the fit foxy? Pretty much repro style?

wearing the chambray today - both got the same fit - vintage fit, longer but not too long...wearing size 40 (togther with the "fake" 1922 jeans - DD-1004XX).

WH is making some of the most decent shirts as of the recent past!

IMG_4400.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4386.JPG