Warehouse

Medine

For the current Duck Digger products on the Warehouse website (DD-1004XX, DD-1003SXX, DD-1003XX, DD-1001XX), does anyone know which ones use the "actual" duck digger denim (I think it's a 14.5oz denim?). It would seem logical that they should all use that denim, but the DD-1004XX and DD-1001XX pages show that they use a 13.5oz denim (the banner denim?), while the DD-1003XX and DD-1003SXX use a 14.5oz denim. I thought that the 14.5oz denim should be the "actual" duck digger denim, but I know Warehouse also has other 14.5oz denims, so I was wondering if anyone had the details and could clarify that

Anyone have experience with the banner denim in warmer, humid climates? Considering picking up the DD-1550 shorts, but if they may not breathe well it sort of defeats the purpose of wearing shorts for comfort anyways 

@Fooleo considering it's only 13.5oz denim I'd say you'd probably be fine, they are shorts after all. I see dudes wearing heavier denim than that in very warm climates (the Indonesian kids are nuts) so you'd probably be good.

2 hours ago, Fooleo said:

Anyone have experience with the banner denim in warmer, humid climates? Considering picking up the DD-1550 shorts, but if they may not breathe well it sort of defeats the purpose of wearing shorts for comfort anyways 

Yeah I live in New Orleans where the heat and humidity isn't quite in South East Asian levels but worse than the majority of America. I have a few banner denim pieces (1105, 1001, 2002x) and I find them to be warmer than some of the Sugar Cane denim I have ('09, '66). You can make it work, but I find myself washing more often once the summer hits (which is basically now). If you want some warm weather Warehouse check out the cotton/linen models.  

Side note... I really don't know how the guys in Indonesia and Thailand do it. I've been told the worst New Orleans day is just a regular day there, and the worse day here is pretty insufferable. Their fades are pretty extreme, but from my experience with denim and humidity those guys must have some really disgusting pairs of jeans. 

Difference between sxx and xx ed? Is it stitched arc and not? Looking at the 1001sxx I believe.

Also how have you guys found the shrinkage with the shirts? I have the ringer and haven't found much but heard others have found quite a bit in theirs. Want to pick up the 3/4 raglan, but don't want to be left with a belly shirt after a wash.

1003sxx is the standard ww2 model with heavier fabric 14 and a half yeah?

1003xx is like the the transition i think. Fits like a 1000xx 13 and a half 

47 minutes ago, setterman said:

More comfortable than the 800s?

Much more comfortable. I suspect it's from having a less aggressive taper from thigh to knee. They both measured practically the same at the waist, front/rear rises, and thigh @ crotch. Although, the 800 measured 3/8" less @ 1" down from the crotch and 1/4" less @ the knee. That might not seem like a lot but for me it made all the difference. The 1001 have 1/4" more leg opening as well. With the 800, I gave them a 45 min hot soak in the tub with agitation every 15 min first, then a very quick cold machine wash, and a very quick hot machine wash the next day. But with the 1001s I went straight to a 40 min machine wash with the hottest water my water heater could put out. I'm hoping I got all the shrink out with just that one hot wash. Out of all my raw denim shirts and pants the 1001s left behind the most indigo in the wash second only to my Rogue Territory ISC shirt. In any case, I'm very happy with how this pair fits and I'm so thankful that BiG and Warehouse treated me as well as they did with the exchange of the defective 800 pair.