Warehouse

Medine

880 fabric:

"Main fabric: Denim made in 14.5 ounces of equivalency WAREHOUSE" 

this is from Hinoya's page (translated).

It's a neppy rht with a slightly off white weft and pale orange id.

Edited by UkeNo

I forgot to include these pics in my original post.

Is this considered loom chatter? It is an area about 1" wide and it is located across the right leg slightly above the knee. It looks and feels more coarse/rough than the rest of the fabric. I don't mind it at all but I was just curious what caused it and if anyone has noticed anything like this before?

IMG_9705.JPG

IMG_9707.JPG

IMG_9708.JPG

IMG_9710.JPG

looks more like a defect to me - at least from the right side.

some contemporary brands would not cut panels with sections like these in the denim or. at least, make b-grades from it...

(I have a pair or 2 with similar defects - not bothered too much by it.)

I'd be interested to know how regular fabric defects were in Lee & Levis before the 1950's?

Edited by Foxy2

Yeah, that's more than a little loom chatter, that's a defect.  I'd be contacting WH directly and see about returning them.  

edit: Had to go back and see what model those are, 800s you got at BiG.  I've had multiple pairs of jeans made of the 1000XX denim, and never had anything resembling that.  Some chatter in the 1001 denim, but nothing covering that large of an area.  I'd contact BiG and have them replace them, and then they can take it up with Warehouse.  

Edited by setterman

Doesn't matter IMO. They have a fairly large flaw, that wouldn't become obvious until washing.  If BiG and Warehouse are the type of companies we all believe them to be, I don't think they would want him wearing them.  

Still as long as they weren't hemmed and bought within a week you're still good for their return policy. Regardless a defect like that should give you some leniency and I would expect a bare minimum of store credit if they are unable to exchange. They might claim loom chatter but that is a bit much.

Some backstory: I bought them about a month ago online from BiG at a significant discount. They arrived with a sheet of paper that had a "final sale" stamp on it although the description on the website never stated that. I soaked them and washed them to get all the shrinkage out of the way as they were unsanforized. I wasn't completely thrilled with the fit at first so I put them up for sale on grailed and hung them up in the closet. A few weeks later I decided to try them back on and after an hour or so of wear around the house I decided to remove the listing on grailed and to keep them. It was then I created an account on sufu and put up fit pics for you guys to give me some feedback. That's when I noticed the fabric had a flaw. I forgot to put up the pictures in the original post and when I was going through my phone this weekend I saw them and decided to ask you guys about what it could be. It certainly doesn't feel like the fabric is damaged in that area. It just has a different texture and is not noticeable until you're looking for it. My only concern is that it is indeed a weak spot and might cause me trouble down the road and/or once they start to fade this area will fade first since the rough texture and it will look like I have a stripe across my leg. I haven't had them hemmed yet but I'm planning to do so soon and start wearing these sparingly since I'm working on a bunch of other pairs currently. 

I don't think it will be a weak spot, but as you can see from your photos, it is going to fade differently (it's already a different shade of blue), and there will be a noticeable spot there as they fade. In your first photo it almost looks like there's a heavier line at the left side as chatter starts.  I have that across one of the back pockets of my 1001s, and across both lower legs of my 1002s.  Not a big deal on either because it's just one line of chatter, and not all that noticeable on the 1001s. We'll see with the 1002s since it's not really a high wear area.  Where it's at on your 800s is a high wear area, and there's a lot of it. If you're fine with it, then don't worry about it.  If it were me (and after all the jeans I've bought there), even on sale, "all sales final", and after all this time, I'd still give them a call to see about an exchange or store credit.  And at the very least to let them know they might want to inspect their jeans a little better. In their position, I wouldn't want to be sending someone jeans with that much "character".    

38 minutes ago, HAZARDkid said:

damn that blows, it'll be hard to make a case because you soaked and washed them so there is no proof that it didnt happen from that process. good luck tho

I know, that has me  a little concerned. I reached out to BiG and a very nice person named Naoki responded to my email almost immediately. I sent the pictures over and Naoki said they'll speak to the boss tomorrow for me. We will see what happens!

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

They look really great, for me their one of the true winners of the competition (which means I think they'll loose to a high contrast IH).

Yeah, I think you're right when it comes to the over all winner (most likely high contrast IH).  But IMO, some of the best jeans are in the mid weight class.  

Edited by setterman

Could someone please help me out with the sizing of the 1001xx?  I have a new pair of Fullcount 1110xx (slim taper) which I really like, but the rise is a bit high.  Samurai S5000vx seem to be the best fit for me, but I wanted a pair with some taper.  What is the rise like and the leg opening on the warehouse 1001?  I've been checking on the measurements online, but figured I'd get a better answer here.

I'm compelled to give a partial response, being that I posted a picture of 3 variations of the 1001.

I also have the 1000XX.

The taper on the 1001 is not a strong taper. If you're looking for something with s stronger taper read the last few pages for advice. I think the 900 is mentioned most often.

Now, out of all the jeans I own in size 36, Warehouse have the most room.

I prefer the fit of all my Warehouse jeans after a hot soak/hot wash/extra hot spin dry. I think I'm in the minority with that process, or maybe all that means is I should have sized down.

By comparison I have three pair of Samurai. Two 5000 variations, one 710. Two size 35, one 36. I prefer the fit on those a few wears after a cold wash/hang dry combo. They need a wear or two to stretch back to pre-wash measurements.

Hope that doesn't muddy the waters for you. Perhaps someone with all three pairs will chime in.

Thank you.  I don't need a strong taper, I have those now in the Full Count and a pair of Skulls.  Just looking for something different than the Samurai S5000VX which I have enough variations of for the moment.  Would you say the front rise on the 1001 is similar to the S5000?

I may stick to the 1001 then for a little extra room.  I haven't been a fan of what I have seen with the 800 yet.  I'll look into the 1101.