Warehouse

Medine

6 hours ago, bod said:

Did anyone pick up the 1105 LTD on here? don't see that many pics of them around..

I also got a pair a few months ago. I really hope Warehouse keeps this fit their rotation because I think it's one of the better straight/tapered jeans to hit the market recently. If these had hidden rivets and a button fly I don't think I would need any other jeans. 

Here's my 1105s with about 45 days of wear. 

IMG_8829.JPG

3 hours ago, setterman said:

So other the Hinoya details, cut and denim wise they're the same as the standard 1001, right?  

I believe this is correct. My pair of 1001XX's from 2013 were one wash so I never handled them raw, but I think it's the same banner denim.

17 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I understand the 1105 use 13.5oz denim - is it the banner denim, same as the 1001, 1101, etc or is it different?

Same.

13.5 oz = 1001 "banner denim".

14.5 oz = 1000XX denim. 

IIRC, the cotton/linen 800s and a 1004XX made out of lighter 7 x 10 (or 11 or 12, can't remember for sure) denim is all they've done differently denim wise in the standard blue jeans the past couple years.

7 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

I have the 1000xx in size 29 and went for a 30 in the 1101, but that was based on thigh measurements. Apart from the different fit, the top block feels like the same size. 

...and that was not what you asked about, I just realised, but someone might find that info useful so I'll post anyway.  

Thanks Mandel

Edited by alvin_cheong
not corrected yet

8 hours ago, alvin_cheong said:

Simon, the 1101 you bought the same as your 1001?

No, I bought the 1101 in size 30 and the 1001 are a 31. But that's partly because I've lost weight since I bought the 1001. If I were to do it again, I'd also take the 1001 in a 30. I don't own the new 1001XX models btw.

2 hours ago, setterman said:

Same.

13.5 oz = 1001 "banner denim".

14.5 oz = 1000XX denim. 

IIRC, the cotton/linen 800s and a 1004XX made out of lighter 7 x 10 (or 11 or 12, can't remember for sure) denim is all they've done differently denim wise in the standard blue jeans the past couple years.

Don't forget the 7x6 14oz denim used on the 660, 700 and 800 models.

Okay I am well impressed. Payment sent Monday, jeans arrived today. Japan to Seattle. 

They are very neppy and it must have been one hell of a one wash because the leg twist is already 1-2 inches from being square at the front. I'm throwing them in a hot wash right now and will see if I can get some fit pics later. The prelim fit looks like just a bit roomier than my 800 of the same size. 

20170209_165426-01.jpeg

20170209_165445-01.jpeg

20170209_170211-01.jpeg

Edited by Graytrain

36 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Don't forget the 7x6 14oz denim used on the 660, 700 and 800 models.

I think that's a typo on one or more stores' part, and there never was a 14 oz 1000XX denim, just the 14.5 oz one that's used in half the current line up, and so much of their line up the past ten years. I know there's no difference I can detect in the jeans I've had made of that denim the past seven years (two pairs of 800s, 700, & 1003). The only difference has been the lighter 1001XX and 1001 denim.  

First off. I am truly sorry about the shit photos. My phone is all I have. So keep in mind that all I was looking to show was the fit and no more. The second set of photos are my 800s of the same size, for comparison. The top block is a HIGH rise, to the belly button, with more room than the 800 but the taper feels similar. I will hem them soon. 

Fresh out of a wash and dry

DD-1003SXX 1943

20170209_200610-01.jpeg

20170209_200701-01.jpeg

20170209_201002-01.jpeg

20170209_201028-01.jpeg

With all these models WH is doing, know what I'd like to see?  800 made out of 1001 denim (pattern altered to account for the higher rate of shrinkage, and still get the same fit), slightly less taper so the leg opening is 1/4" to 3/8" wider, crotch rivet, cinch, and up and down arcs.    

21 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Obviously no hidden rivets, crotch rivet or cinch though.

That's what I'm after, the tall slim, late 30s cowboy fit/look and details, without attempting to size down a pair of jeans to get there.   

^ your description made me think of one of my favorite celebrity jeans fit. Pic took in 1939, wonder if the suspender buttons were added later of this is a 1920's era pair of jeans. I think these are Levi's, IIRC.

lxKac2y.jpg

A classic photo Volvo. We can't see the back but if the rivets are hidden then they could well be a 30s cinchback (like the LVC 1937 model) with press-on suspender buttons.

I'm planning to use my press-on buttons (gratefully received from LVC) on my Warehouse 415 cinchbacks, although I won't be going for the John Wayne look!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

35 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

^ your description made me think of one of my favorite celebrity jeans fit. Pic took in 1939, wonder if the suspender buttons were added later of this is a 1920's era pair of jeans. I think these are Levi's, IIRC.

lxKac2y.jpg

Exactly what I'm talking about.  Tall, straight, and slim without being constrictors.  There's some LIFE photos floating around the internet of rodeos from the late 30s into the late 40s, and the guys are wearing their Levis slimmer.  I like that look (minus cuffs, with a little stack).

^^ Yeah. Really nice, Mandel. That denim turned into a really beautiful lighter blue with just a hint of contrast to show they were broken in from raw. All the worn-in pairs on this thread (looking at you too, setterman) put Warehouse on the list to definitely try someday.