Warehouse

Medine

DAMN I'm glad I waited, both of the WWII models look EXCELLENT. Can't decide if I'll go '43 or '45 as I like a looser fit and the arcs on the '45, but also wouldn't mind a slim WWII to mix things up...

And also, very thankful they went with 6x6 denim instead of the banner denim after all. Only fitting, given it's a WWII!

Edited by aho

11 hours ago, aho said:

DAMN I'm glad I waited, both of the WWII models look EXCELLENT. Can't decide if I'll go '43 or '45 as I like a looser fit and the arcs on the '45, but also wouldn't mind a slim WWII to mix things up...

One of the translations I read makes it sound like those '43s are a copy of a vintage pair. I hope that's the case, and it's not "Hey, lets make these slimmer and sell more jeans".  If a vintage pair, I wonder if the slimmer fit is a one off, a customization by the owner, or a trait of a certain factory and common for the jeans they were making.

12 hours ago, setterman said:

One of the translations I read makes it sound like those '43s are a copy of a vintage pair. I hope that's the case, and it's not "Hey, lets make these slimmer and sell more jeans".  If a vintage pair, I wonder if the slimmer fit is a one off, a customization by the owner, or a trait of a certain factory and common for the jeans they were making.

I do wonder as well...In looking at vintage WWII era photos of Levi's it is common to see a "slimmer" fit, as well as the wideleg. Wonder what helps account for this, maybe even just downsizing? That said, you don't see fat selvedge (ala Wild One Brando) so maybe there historically were pairs that fit slimmer.

I'm under the impression that the 1943s will be my favorite jeans ever, but we'll see! 

On 1/30/2017 at 11:54 AM, cusswords said:

More Duck Digger products have hit the Warehouse site including a new jacket made with the banner denim and 1943 and 45 models made with the 14.5oz denim.

http://info.ware-house.co.jp/newitem/dd2/

Just a passing question (I'm not in the market for these, but everyone's excitement is a bit infectious): why the heck did they totally fry the leather patches? My google translation suggests something about "daring to get vintage texture." But wouldn't you get an aged leather patch the same way as the denim, but wearing and washing and using them. It strikes me as odd to pre-distress the patch like that. Just curious.

Man, I have been wanting a true WWII jean for many years but have never seen something that hits all the buttons. The first glance blandness of the outward details with the unfinished seams and aged leather patch with warehouse denim... even the slimmer cut. These are definitely shaping up to be my favorite jeans ever. I already got my reservation confirmation. 

7 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Just a passing question (I'm not in the market for these, but everyone's excitement is a bit infectious): why the heck did they totally fry the leather patches? My google translation suggests something about "daring to get vintage texture." But wouldn't you get an aged leather patch the same way as the denim, but wearing and washing and using them. It strikes me as odd to pre-distress the patch like that. Just curious.

I think they're going for the "I found an old pair of hardly worn jeans" look, where a couple washes and 70 years of time have taken a toll on the patch.  Personally, I'd prefer they'd left it alone.

As for the differences (cut wise) between the '43, '45, and '47, it looks like they get progressively wider and less tapered as you go from older to newer.  Won't know for sure until we see measurements, but I'm willing to bet the two WWII models are 1/4" narrower in the thigh in the same tagged size compared to the '47.  

If we're going to compare them to current models, my guess would be that the '43 is closer to the 800 (though slightly more tapered), and the '45 is closer to the 1000.  Wish they took better fit pictures, and cuffed the jeans higher or hemmed them to get rid of the slop at the ankle.         

1 minute ago, SuperJackle said:

Apologies if this answer is more readily found in the thread, but I could find a direct answer; is the leg opening of the 1001 smaller than the 1000 but all other measurements relatively the same?

Little less rise and thigh on the 1001 and more rounded through the hips and seat, where the 1000 is more square.  Unless the 1000 is skin tight on you, you shouldn't have any issue wearing the 1001 in the same size.    

Hinoya just posted a new collab pair with Warehouse (not sure if it was mentioned before?):

1001 cut

1001SXX arcs and red tab

Bullhead leather patch

No mention of which denim.

These are basically my WH dream pair, though. :P

Edited by Iron Horse