Warehouse

Medine

In portland for a few days, and remembered that pair of 1001s I'd given to my friend a couple years back. He's the same friend who had the busted-ass pair of stf 501s that I repaired ages ago, if anyone remembers that. Anyway, using those as evidence, I don't think he intended to wear these for so long without washing, but I hope he does wash em soon cause whatever's under all this dirt must be incredible:

IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0007.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0016.JPGIMG_0015.JPG

Color's probably most accurate in that last photo of the patch.

Hot damn, thread buster...What does your friend do in the jeans? 

Also, took delivery of my 1004XX's; They are splendid but will need to take them to get hemmed this weekend. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the local chainstitch, but I've no other efficient option... #hellopolycore

I dunno, he's my neighbour up at school so i know they spend a good part of their time either in the library or philosophising on our balcony :rolleyes:

...but he's been working construction down here for the past several weeks, and is a big rock climber in sunnier months, so I'd reckon that's where they've been most worn.

i'd love to see some photos of the 1004s aho!

Edited by chicote

Glad to see some updates from you in various threads Maynard.  

Hopefully the new version of sufu, and people having a much easier time posting photos from their phones, jump starts this place. 

Edited by setterman

They need to bring the bull's head patch back for use across the line up.  Bored with the one they've been using on their standard jeans the past 8 or 9 years.  

In case no one's noticed, 1002 and import models of the 1000 and 800 are on sale at BiG.  Hope WH isn't going the way of FC at BiG.    

You've no idea how hard I'm trying not to hit "Check out" right now lol...Alas, I have too many jeans to wear, not to mention the upcoming TCB20's, though I've been eyeing those WWII's for the longest time. 

I do see BiG taking a new direction in branding and style; I wonder where this will leave WH and FC? Guess they'd necessarily have to shift now that the raw denim world has plateaued. Not that the denim is going anywhere for BiG, but they likely have to diversify and get rid of everything that hasn't sold (the 660 being likely the only big seller for WH there).

Yeah, I get the feeling the 660 is their only consistent seller from WH.  Kinda surprised the 1002 didn't moved since it's very similar in cut to the 660 (low, narrow).  Don't know if people didn't care for the Lee details or what, but IMO they made for a much more interesting pair of jeans in a store full of Levis copies.

I wouldn't be surprised to see their WH lineup trimmed down to just the 660, 800, and 900.    

13 hours ago, setterman said:

Hope WH isn't going the way of FC at BiG.    

12 hours ago, aho said:

Guess they'd necessarily have to shift now that the raw denim world has plateaued. Not that the denim is going anywhere for BiG, but they likely have to diversify and get rid of everything that hasn't sold.

Well shit, this is all news to me. I was a bit surprised by their 25% off sale last month, was eyeing a pair of FC or Kapital TH but it was a tough year so I decided against a splurge; now they're both no longer stocked. Pity that the classic cuts aren't as popular as the more modern cuts.

5 hours ago, PeterParker said:

Well shit, this is all news to me. I was a bit surprised by their 25% off sale last month, was eyeing a pair of FC or Kapital TH but it was a tough year so I decided against a splurge; now they're both no longer stocked. Pity that the classic cuts aren't as popular as the more modern cuts.

I wonder if they're not as popular, or if sales are down enough across the board that they can't afford to have anything in stock that isn't turning over within X number of weeks or months.  It may be that they can't afford to have to have any pair of jeans sitting on a shelf for 6 to 12 months before they sell.  

If there's any bright spot in this, it seems like brands like Warehouse are pretty easy dealing with directly and shipping to the US.  Ya just better have a pretty good idea of what ya want and need.  I've asked in the past how model A compares to model B and their reply was to send me the measurements.  Yeah, I saw those on your website already!      

Man in signet we have jeans thats been on the shelf since day 1 two years ago. And thats part of all this retail leftovers and non moving items. I think theyre concentrating on something else 

37 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

could use something closer to SCs top block but with a shade less hip flare/diaper butt. Thanks.

Get the 1000.  I have the size 1003XX from a couple years ago (same pattern as 1000) and a pair of SC47s, both in a size 36.  The 1000 will be little smaller everywhere except the waist.  The 800 will be noticeably smaller everywhere except the waist when compared to the SC47.  The 1000 gives the 40s look without the messed up proportions of the SC47s (IMO, the 47s are too wide in the leg on the bigger sizes)

Edited by setterman

17 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

thanks, setterman. I just realized both pairs were the kagai with denim pocket bags and longer inseam, neither of which I need or want. So, I'm going to keep the 1000 recommendation in my back pocket for now. 

Not a fan of the denim pockets either.  Made sure when I picked up my 800s that they had the standard white cotton pockets. 

Spring catalog for Warehouse is up.  Not photos yet, but they're going to do a Duck Digger 1003SXX and 1003XX too.  Also, a lot number I'm not familiar with, 1550.  

http://info.ware-house.co.jp/product/season/wh2017ss/

On 1/11/2017 at 11:32 AM, setterman said:

Yeah, I get the feeling the 660 is their only consistent seller from WH.  Kinda surprised the 1002 didn't moved since it's very similar in cut to the 660 (low, narrow).  Don't know if people didn't care for the Lee details or what, but IMO they made for a much more interesting pair of jeans in a store full of Levis copies.

I was wondering how narrow the 1002 are. The measurements suggest a fuller leg than the 660, no? 

6 hours ago, JDelage said:

I was wondering how narrow the 1002 are. The measurements suggest a fuller leg than the 660, no? 

Comparing the 1002 to the 660, my size 36 1002 would be close to a size 37 660, if they made one.

My size 36 1002s are about 1/4" to 3/8" narrower through the leg compared to my size 36 800s. And the 1002s started out bigger than the 800s. The 1001 denim the 1002 is made out of shrinks more, nearly 1" in the thigh, compared to the 1/2" the 800 shrank up. 

WWII = World War II

Since Warehouse is a repro company, when they release a pair it's usually based off a historical "model" or version of jeans for that specific time period. WWII Lee Cowboy's (which this is based off of, at least details wise) had details like wreath buttons, crotch rivet, etc. which you'll see on this jean. For clearer distinctions, check out the following:

http://www.lee-japan.jp/archives/

As well as this gem:

168im80.jpg

That said, I can't remember off the top of my head if the 1002 is an old "standard" model for WH? They have done unbranded Lee's like that in the past but can't remember the lot #, and too lazy to research right now lol

Edited by aho