Warehouse

Medine

I usually search on Yahoo auctions and then copy-paste the Japanese of what I want into Buyee's search, since Buyee's own search function isn't the best. Otherwise it's like any proxy that charges you their cut for the item.

There are some issues with Buyee though; if the seller has a low rating or doesn't allow bank transfers then it can't buy an item for you. That's why I used Sutocorp for my Lost Worlds horsehide jacket.

And here we go....

http://info.ware-house.co.jp/newitem/ddseries/

EDIT: Damn, I honestly want both. Will be tough, but I think I'll pass on the 1922's since the TCB contest pair will drop next year. More importantly though, that 1947 model! Glad to finally get a true '47 model from Warehouse, given their focus on 50's models with the 1001/1001XX models for the past few years. Interesting that they'll both use the banner denim, which I'm not against, but I do like new fabrics from time to time as well. Excellent work from Warehouse!

EDIT 2: It seems the TCB20's has a bit more personality, and I like the tone of the denim better, compared to the original: http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2016/12/29/14344

Edited by aho

Anyone own the 20th anniversary 1003sxx WWII? Denim looks pretty different from the standard 14.5oz Memphis fabric. Was looking at those to hold me over between my tcb 50s, which are starting to fall apart, and the tcb 20s contest in September.

ed, to be honest its all relative cut wise since 40's 50's will still be generally looser in my opinion with minor differences in taper, rise, thigh, etc. That said, I can't think of any versions of 1001XX that were strict 1947 repros, as they're always 1950-54 based on the various details I've seen (thread coloring, sewing details, offset belt loop, etc). I've seen a few iterations of the 1000XX that were (talking details again, not necessarily cut though), and suspect that 1000XX was typically the '47 more often than not though my brand history is a bit scratchy lately. 

I want a pair of the new DD's, but again, have some Ooe's, TCB20's, Conners, Resolutes, and of course my incoming 1004XX down the line so it's unclear where they'd fit in :X

Looks like these are one wash only so far, but if they do raw, I'll just drop the $$$

Very nice and I didn't expect Warehouse to create such specific repro pairs. That said I would have been nice if they would develop a new denim for them (I am correct that they use the Banner Denim again?!)

For the 1947, I would have expected a bit more color for the threads. Looking at CSF and also Sugar Cane, they both use more different colored threads.

@aho: don't you want to go all in and take the CSF '47? Or did you buy a pair already?! :D

Very nice and I didn't expect Warehouse to create such specific repro pairs. That said I would have been nice if they would develop a new denim for them (I am correct that they use the Banner Denim again?!)

Was thinking the same thing, enough with the banner denim. it's currently being used in six models. It's nice, and appropriate for the 1004, but I'd like to see something different used in this 1001XX (which looks like the shape they used back in 2012). Out of all the Warehouse denims, the 15th Anniv 1001XX is still my favorite. Would like to see something like it again. And whatever happened to Warehouse X Lee Archives? Those were the best Lee reproductions out there.

Anyone own the 20th anniversary 1003sxx WWII? Denim looks pretty different from the standard 14.5oz Memphis fabric. Was looking at those to hold me over between my tcb 50s, which are starting to fall apart, and the tcb 20s contest in September.

i have them and while i haven't compared them side-by-side to the current 14.5oz denim, the denim seems to me darker, coarser, and slubbier than the denim used on my pair of lot 800 from several years ago (that no longer fit), but who knows maybe it's the same (hopefully someone can compare side-by-side)

Edited by ironheartfan123

^I think the 1003XX is usually always a slightly different fabric out of necessity for accuracy

Re: Banner Denim, glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way! Having already broken in my 1001's a few years back, I'm ready for a new fabric, though I get that they're proud of their accomplishment with this fabric. Missing the 15th Anniversary denim is exactly why I jumped on the 1004XX's which popped up in my size raw out of luck. 

Re: Lee x WH, it really has been a while...I wonder if licensing became too prohibitive or not cost effective? The release of the 1002 makes me feel they'd rather do their own thing, coupled with their focus on other lines (Hellers, Duck Digger, etc), but hopefully we get something soon. Perhaps something with upside Levi's arcs, etc?

Has anybody else has any issues with pilling on warehouse sweatshirts? Got the 403 a few months ago and am pretty surprised at how fast the fabric began to pill... The fit and construction are solid for sure, and I know the old loopwheel machines are certainly not perfect, but something about it pilling as fast as an Old Navy sweatshirt seems kind of odd. Is this some kind of repro quirk I am unaware of? I'm not unsatisfied with the product by any means, and will continue to wear the hell out of it since its super comfortable and fits fantastic, but I am just curious if perhaps I got a dud or if this is in fact a purposely considered feature of the item

cross post from DWC thread. 

click on the pictures for better resolution on a PC.  

After all this time in these jeans, I'd like to see the cut tweaked to have a little less room in the seat, start with 1/2" less in teh waist, 1/4" less room in the thigh, and a little more inseam.  These are at 31", fine with sneakers, though getting a hair short with boots, and about 3/4" of an inch shorter than I'd like a jean I don't plan on cuffing.  Really like how the banner denim wears, buy prefer the heavier weight of the 1000XX denim.      

Start of a new year, and coming down the home stretch.  Warehouse 1001, 414 days of wear, dozen washes.

hdkM9Co.jpg

AP48GJA.jpg

ho1NobU.jpg

iD2nHMH.jpg

Edited by setterman

^Awesome catch! I don't own the previous iteration of banner denim (1001SXX) but I swear it seems streakier compared to the DD-1001 run? Of course there will be minor variations from one production to the next though. Really looking forward to the 1922 model now...