Warehouse

Medine

Not taking a jab but if you aren't into vintage jeans then why are you into repro brands ? I know flathead's products are not exactly period reproductions but still they follow a certain 50's vibe ( again not taking a jab , just interested mate )

Things made like they were in the old days is cool to me, but that's the smallest reason why I like repro-ish brands (we'll call flat head a repro brand since it kinda is like you say.)

What everything boils down to for me is how something looks, feels, and ages. If possible, all of those things have to be there for me to enjoy something (but I'm not expecting a shirt to get better with age, for example). It just happens to be that I think a lot of things that are repro-inspired look really great, independent of the fact that they may be reminiscent of the past. I like to think that if someone looks at me, they aren't thinking I'm trying to go for a clear-cut "look" (greaser, etc), even if what I'm wearing may be completely fifties inspired.

At least where I'm from, Hawaiian shirts, flannels, jeans, are all very common. The only difference for me is that, where someone might be wearing some Levi's from Macy's that look and feel like crap, I'll be wearing flat head. 99% of people won't be able to tell the difference, but I'll notice how beautiful the blues are, the vertical streaks, rolled beltloops, goatskin patch. etc. Maybe someone will wear a flannel, but I really love flannels that have a loose weave, or something super intricate and bumpy to the surface, again to most people something that could have easily been bought from Macy's. And for wallets, everyone has a wallet, but to me there is a special enjoyment that comes from having something made out of the nicest leather in the world (cordovan), which is on another level past even very high quality leather, which already is way past the average piece of shit that the average wallet is made from.

It basically started because I've always like high quality things (who doesn't?) and I had some "nice" denim that kept ripping. So, luxury denim that was actually worth the price was very appealing to me. After having my eyes opened to real quality, I realized how much unbelievably amazing stuff there was out there. It's less that it's reproduction clothing, and more so that it's high-quality clothing that is tastefully done, looks great, and ages to look even better.

Sorry for the rambling :)

Fair enough .....the 50's levis comment just threw me a bit since to me the only reason i buy from repro brands is because i cant afford vintage :) , but if someone ever gifts you those perfectly worn in 50's levis send them my way and ill buy you some flathead's in return ;)

Cucoo, that's too good. You got your flat head's during the Aero sale right? Seriously quality denim for those prices!

Right, and I have to thank Maynard both times for bringing them to my attention :D On the other hand I didn't plan on getting either of them, I would've saved even more if I hadn't known about them!  :ph34r:

Yep! If you're into your jeans looking like they are literally a vintage pair then warehouse is an awesome option. It's just that that look doesn't appeal to me. 

I think what you're seeing (and disliking) is the results of a certain type of wash and wear cycle, rather than a product of the denim itself. Most guys who wear Warehouse are drawn to a vintage aesthetic, and treat their jeans accordingly.  If someone wanted a produce a high contrast, modern aesthetic, wouldn't require much outta the 1000XX denim.   

Oh shit! I want those 1000. Especially now when I realize the Cushmans I have incoming might not fit lol

If they don't fit let me know what the measurements are like- Flash tells me the denim is awesome and although my denim rail is full there's always a little more space  :D

It's difficult to know the measurements of the 1000 available from Caliroots because this looks like an international edition. Assuming that they are cut exactly the same as the current run of 1000 (1000XX), the measurements on the WH site are correct. I tried a 31 in Tokyo and they run true to size in the waist.

It's difficult to know the measurements of the 1000 available from Caliroots because this looks like an international edition. Assuming that they are cut exactly the same as the current run of 1000 (1000XX), the measurements on the WH site are correct. I tried a 31 in Tokyo and they run true to size in the waist.

You'd assume they're the same cut, but Caliroot's and BiG's measurements don't agree with Warehouse's.  WH shows the size 30 1000 as 4 cm smaller in the waist than Caliroots, and 2 cm smaller than BiG shows the size 36 1000.

I can't say for sure who is correct, but my size 36 1003XX from the same season BiG got the 1000, matches up exactly with their measurements for the OW size 36 1000.  I think in the case of the 1000s Caliroots is selling, I'd go with their waist measurements.        

To be honest, I don't think any of those pairs look good  :ph34r:

I've given this more thought, and if anyone looks at the Warehouse used sample page and says "I don't see anything I like", IMO they need to rethink the whole "I'm into selvedge denim" thing.  :rolleyes:  

As for looking like worn Levis.... yeah, just about every Japanese brand is going for that other than ones like Oni, SG, and PBJ.  Hate to be the one to tell ya Ben, but your Flat Heads hit water a few more times, they're going to look like.... worn Levis, with a little more vertical/streakier fading.   :D  

I mean, honestly ive washed them a bunch, every 2-4 weeks. Probably as much as most warehouse owners!

I think it's all in the streaks, it gives them depth. I love all kinds of blue but I don't like when they look flat (to me) like TCB, etc. I've seen older flat head pairs that don't have the streaks and I didn't like them as much either.

Those jeans are still way better than anything else you see walking around and also much better than jeans that are never washed, but for me if I'm going to wear only one pair to wear for years at a time it has to be one where I'm blown away by how they look after that time, and I'm just not with Warehouse (and most other brands!)

But it's no surprise a lot of people do like them a lot. For me it's like a denim opportunity cost, I got to get the most value for my time!

I mean, honestly ive washed them a bunch, every 2-4 weeks. Probably as much as most warehouse owners!

I think it's all in the streaks, it gives them depth. I love all kinds of blue but I don't like when they look flat (to me) like TCB, etc. I've seen older flat head pairs that don't have the streaks and I didn't like them as much either.

Those jeans are still way better than anything else you see walking around and also much better than jeans that are never washed, but for me if I'm going to wear only one pair to wear for years at a time it has to be one where I'm blown away by how they look after that time, and I'm just not with Warehouse (and most other brands!)

But it's no surprise a lot of people do like them a lot. For me it's like a denim opportunity cost, I got to get the most value for my time!

to each his own, I'd love to try some flat head 3005 as I think I would love the cut but I don't like the streaky-ness of the denim and the new arcs to an extent that I will never try them...

I like the streakiness of flathead denim on my F380 and since they're starting to really get lighter in high wear areas both texture and colors are getting more awesome by the day. I agree it's a more unique look though and personally I like having different denim aesthetics in my wardrobe, too :)

While I wouldn't be interested in owning all the various brands here, I can go through every brand thread and find worn examples and say "I like that".  I can like and appreciate what they're doing, even if I would never wear it because it's not my not my style or wouldn't fit. That's why I find it surprising that you could look at four pages of pretty top notch stuff and be like "eh, nothing there I like".  :wacko:   

Sorry for the newbie question but does OR always stand tor once washed in Warehouse terminology? And how much does the once washed denim still shrink if any? Thanks in advance!

Edited by mrman