Warehouse

Medine

Wider than the 1001XX pair that I have.

I should so some measurements to compare. I feel like the extra length could be the contributing factor making them feel bigger

But the knee also feels a big bigger, top block feels quite similar.

Worn today, while at work so they might've stretched a bit.

Size 36 one wash, measured BiG style:

Waist: 39 in.
Front rise: 12.5 in.

Back rise: 17.25 in.
Thigh: 14 in.

Knee: 10 in.

Leg opening: 9.25 in.

Inseam: 34 in.

Also these really bleed, my hands were covered with blue throughout the day...

I plan on putting these through a hot wash and dry tomorrow just to see if I can get any more shrinkage because I could use it.

Maynard - I thought that the 800s would be a golden fit for me based on paper measurements, but then tried them on in Tokyo and the thighs were way tight. I have larger thighs relative to my waist size and found that the 1001 provided a really nice, trim fit while still being roomy where I needed it (that's right, the left inside leg  ;) ).

You might be after the 1000XX denim rather than the banner denim though...

Thanks SM, I already have 2 pairs of Warrens (1000XX oxidised), 415 (1000XX) and the 1001XX 15th. I just really wanted a pair with a smaller leg opening as all mine will end up between 8.5-8.75" for a size 32 and I really prefer something around 8" these days. I may just have to get a pair tapered instead.

Worn today, while at work so they might've stretched a bit.

Size 36 one wash, measured BiG style:

Waist: 39 in.

Front rise: 12.5 in.

Back rise: 17.25 in.

Thigh: 14 in.

Knee: 10 in.

Leg opening: 9.25 in.

Inseam: 34 in.

Also these really bleed, my hands were covered with blue throughout the day...

I plan on putting these through a hot wash and dry tomorrow just to see if I can get any more shrinkage because I could use it.

Those are what I'd expect for raw measurements of a size 36 1001.  Definitely give them another wash, my experience with OW 700s was that they still had a little ways to go (another inch in inseam IIRC).  I wouldn't use the dryer though, especially if they're bleeding that much.  

Those are what I'd expect for raw measurements of a size 36 1001.  Definitely give them another wash, my experience with OW 700s was that they still had a little ways to go (another inch in inseam IIRC).  I wouldn't use the dryer though, especially if they're bleeding that much.  

Just washed them and they didn't actually bleed a lot during the trip through the washing machine.

I had the same experience with my 1001XX's, they came one wash and after a few trips through the wash/dry cycle the shrank up more.

They're in the dryer now, I think they should be okay but I'm monitoring them. Will update with new measurements.

Not quite completely dry, but dry enough for me to take measurements.

Didn't let them completely dry in the dryer because I noticed the legs starting to crease.

I have a feeling these will fit better based on these measurements.

Waist: 36 in.

Front rise: 12 in.
Back rise: 16 in.

Thigh: 13.5 in.

Knee: 9.75

Leg opening: 9 in.

Inseam: 33.25

Other than the inseam, looks like where the standard size 36 1001 would shrink to.  Checking the raw model, they're supposed to start at 36" in the inseam, so another 1/4" of shrinkage, and your's are probably done.  

I've been wanting to try a more straight leg cut and I think these are it.

It was really the waist and knee that felt too big, so I had to hike them up a lot so they would sit tight across the waist and everything.

Once these are bone dry I'll give them another spin, likely tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm happy with how they feel after the wash and dry.

Maybe Warehouse had them mislabeled or they used a gentler one wash process on these because originally they felt very large.

The waist stretched out to be a little big so I might invest in a belt but otherwise pretty happy with them!

They look fine!

And there are pretty decent belt options out there...

Have my pair being shipped out yesterday - maybe I sized right.

Edited by Foxy2

Not sure yet, I'm going to wear them with boots today and see how I feel about the length.

The chainstitch width and the color of stitching used is really nice so if I can get away without hemming I'll go that route!

Looks good, Broark. I do, however, agree with setterman that they may benefit from a hem. But whichever direction you choose, I'm sure they'll end up great.

With my seven-year-old 800s all but retired, I decided it was time to replace them with something new from WH. Initially, the raw 1000s on offer at BIG caught my eye. Unfortunately, though, I couldn't get past the relatively low rise they feature. It's entirely possible that I'm in the minority on this issue, but it seems to me that the front rise on a pair of size 38 jeans should shrink to a number greater than twelve inches (I'm 6'2"); I mean, the waist-to-rise-to-upper thigh ratio of 37.5"-12"-14" is just a bit off in my opinion. So, rather than going with something new to me, I chose to grab another pair of 800s. So far, so good. Still, my concerns notwithstanding, I'm considering picking up the Kaigai model 1000s as well. 

Josh, BiG listed the rise as 12.25" on the 36 and 38 1000, but on my size 36 1003XX from a couple years ago, which is identical in cut to the 1000, the front rise is 12.5". Ever had a pair of SC47s? In same tagged size, the 1000 will be a little wider in the waist and narrower in the leg than the Canes.

Perhaps I'll ask Gordon to measure a few pairs of the 1000, which should help me arrive at a final determination as to whether or not they'll work for me. 

Nope, I've never owned a pair of SC47s. But I've come close on a few occasions. Honestly, they're a bit too wide in the leg and at the hem for my taste. Generally speaking, 9.25" (post-soak) is just about as wide as I'm willing to go when it comes to hem width.