Warehouse

Medine

Those Warehouse natural indigos look great - there's the 20th anniversary pair we were all waiting for. I'll give them a miss though as I have enough Warehouse plus a pair of Levi's Japan natural indigo (from 1991).

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Not sure, probably inline with most of WH's range so 14-15 oz.

Product page doesn't mention weight at all.

I filled out an order form, we'll see if I hear back. My interest is piqued.

The only other natural indigo jeans are my SExDB19's, and they're a bit on the big side since I messed up on sizing.

Well I just placed my order, thoughts and photos to come once they arrive!

I had to go for the one wash version as they were sold out of the raw version in my size, but no real loss.

My 1001XX's came OW and they're great. Now no more new jeans for awhile. Promise!

Any idea why Warehouse products are a bit cheaper than those of brands like PBJ, Flat Head or even IH? Or my impression is wrong. 

I'd think the slight cost difference between WH's standard models and the brands you listed would be lighter weight denim and simpler construction/less extra details on Warehouse's part.  Also, might be that Warehouse makes a lot more jeans, and that lowers cost (not sure how the brands compare production numbers wise).  And, at least in the Warehouse line of jeans (forget all of WH's other brands) they're basically using two types of denim (1000XX and 1001), year after year.  That might help keep costs down too, rather than offering three to five different denim types/weights.    

Warehouse is one of the biggest denim goods producers/manufacturers in Japan I believe, Kiya posted something about this a few years back, so they may have significant economies of scale that help to control costs.

A day after I ask BiG if they have any news on when the new 1002 is coming out, this pops up on Warehouse's website.  From what I've heard earlier from Gordon, this jean will be made of the RHT 1001 denim, and have a fit similar to the 1001.  Sign me up!

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=96421862

Edited by setterman

Looks very nice, I like the pockets a lot.

I was looking through the new catalog and saw something about a new line for them this S/S16, Warehouse No. 2 & No. 3?

From Google translate it seems like they're using a new sanforized denim, but I'm a little unclear.

Here's the link: http://info.ware-house.co.jp/product/season/no2016ss/

Broark, yes the No. 2 and No. 3 lines use a new sanforized denim from Warehouse, at least according to the piece I read in Clutch Magazine a few weeks ago. I think maybe they're trying to experiment with a new product line?

And setterman, did Gordon mention if the denim used on the 1002/2010 is unsanforized or not? The tag says it's sanforized, but it looks like the same 13.5 oz denim that's been used for the S506XX jacket and 213 jacket repros, and I'm certain that those are unsanforized. I'm a little confused. Thanks for the help.

Well depending on which year or specific model of the 1001 you're talking about, it is a different denim. I think most of the 1001 models use their 14.5oz 6x6 denim, whereas this is a slightly lighter 13.5oz 7x7 denim. I bought the 213 jacket repro last month in Tokyo which uses the latter, and while it's very similar to the Inazuma 1001XX you sold me (thanks again they fit perfectly after a wash!), I'd still say there's a big enough difference to notice. Not that I'm trying to enable you right now, but I'm certainly considering buying the jacket.  :P  In fact I should be the one wishing for more variety since I'd have two jackets with the same exact denim! :D :D

By 1001 denim, I mean the 13.5 oz 7x7 Banner Denim used in the 900, 1001, 1001SXX, current 1003XX (with the HBT pockets) and 1101.  Not ground breaking using it for the 1002, but probably very close to what Lee was actually using during WWII.  Remember, the switch to LHT denim was post war.     

By 1001 denim, I mean the 13.5 oz 7x7 Banner Denim used in the 900, 1001, 1001SXX, current 1003XX (with the HBT pockets) and 1101.  Not ground breaking using it for the 1002, but probably very close to what Lee was actually using during WWII.  Remember, the switch to LHT denim was post war.     

Was hoping they could use some of that WWII RHT on the model from a few years back we've both been pining for!  For the best though, I have too many jeans in the pipeline for me anyway to even consider buying!

Re: the No.2/No.3 jackets, I was actually eyeing them down realllll hard. Love the 213 look to them and that shade of blue is a good match with the No.2 fabric. Interested to see how it fades, unfortunately they only have faded No.3's...And while I don't have reason for a pair of jeans, a denim jacket to replace my ever shrinking (or is it me gaining weight lol) FC Type 1 will be needed as soon as it hits the wash. :X

Thanks for all the answers. My impressions is that every time I touch a product of theirs they feel of a lesser, not worse but lesser, quality than those of some rival Japanese brands. And seeing the price for the natural dye indigo, I was a bit puzzled how they managed to produce and launch a product in that category at that price. 

What is lesser in quality though ? The stitching ? The denim ? Because imo warehouse has super tidy stitching and the denim they offer is second to none

What brands do you hold in higher regard in quality terms , I'm not trying to be a prick or anything but I'm really confused as to what your trying to say

Edited by Flash

I own jeans from many different brands and I've never felt like Warehouse was a step below any of the others.

They produce a no-frills, straightforward pair of very well made jeans. No crazy slub or irregularity, no arcs, no gimmicks.

I've found the stitching and construction on my 1001's is top notch, no wonky stitches or holes developing.

Natural indigo fetches those prices from any brand if they're actually hand dyed like I believe these are.

Agreed with Flash. Once you get to this level of denim, I believe that price point has do to more about brand differentiation and what the manufacturer/retailer believe they can set price at given demand. It is still the fashion industry after all.

Flash - in my opinion - the material, I was not comparing denim per se, but more or less the tops such as sweatshirts, t-shirts, henleys and the thing which prompted me to post the flannel shirts. Just when I touched WH flannels after having been to UES and TFH up the street (yes you could walk, if you are into walking) nothing could convince me that the WH flannels are made of same level of material as the flannels from other brands, still it is good, but not great. 

As to denim, the only thing I have considered from WH is the cotton/linen blend and most probably would buy it. 

Fair enough mate , I would have to agree with you about TFH flannels because they really are top of the hill , you just weren't very clear as to what you were comparing and It seemed like a blanket statement for the whole brand

Again wasn't trying to be awkward mate just trying to understand

Not sure about Warehouse's sweatshirts, t-shirts, and henleys as mentioned above, but the 800 is an absolutely wonderful pair of jeans -- I wish I had discovered it earlier.  I hadn't worn mine for a few months and just put them on this morning.  Fantastic fit (enough room on top but trim elsewhere), perfect mid-weight (14.5 oz?), no need to hem (I'm 6'0"), and a fair price.  I love Ooe, Roy, and others but if I had to pick one pair that is the 'best' in terms of price, fit, look, and quality, it would be the Warehouse 800, no doubt.

aho - given my love for the 800, I'm also interested in the Type 1 jackets that you mention above, though I guess the denim is under 14 oz.