Warehouse

Medine

Hi cmo, if you like a slimmer cut/narrow hem but with a medium rise I think the 900 is a good option. I tried a bunch of brands including the full count 1109 but found the 900 to be the best cut for me (6'1). The inseam length at 32" might be problematic if you like to stack though. Went TTS (33 waist) w/cold soak and very happy with the fit. Mine came unsanforized so the one wash version could be a different story...

I'm not sure where this came from, but it looks like Warehouse made some natural indigo 1001's for the 20th anniversary?

Kind of want to track down a pair...

tumblr_o1fv1h0HJF1tkswubo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1fv1h0HJF1tkswubo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1fv1h0HJF1tkswubo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1fv1h0HJF1tkswubo8_1280.jpg

Link to the blog post: http://warehouse-staff-blog.tumblr.com/post/137937547718/皆ã•ã‚“ã“ã‚“ã°ã‚“ã¯ãªã‚“ã°ãƒ‘ークス店藤ã§ã™

It seems like it's only available in the Namba Parks shop. I don't see it on their online shop as of now, so they might keep it in-store only. I think it's safe to say that there weren't that many pairs made, since even with their other limited edition models Warehouse would usually put them in the online shop.

interesting point setterman, I agree, still have to see one mighty, grail status fade pic of a natural indigo pair of jeans.

I've been tempted to try natural indigo (not wh, but I'd be curious to handle a pair of burgus plus lot 968xx) but the few fade samples I've seen are not that exciting to be honest. someone PLEASE prove I'm wrong!

thanks MF, just saw them, I can see they've been worn by the same legs wearing his grail status TCB's, similar wear patterns etc etc.. very nice! page 57 in the SDA thread, in case someone else want to see.

The above proves that searching on Sufu for an answer actually works; )

haha actually I didn't even bother to try a sufu search, I just googled studio d'artisan 103xx natural indigo went on images, and found the pic!

Depends on what you're looking for.  Of the three pair he posted a picture of on page 56, I think the LVC '55s look the best.  The 103s are nice, but if they popped up while you were scrolling through instagram or tumblr, and you didn't know who's they were, or what they were, most of us wouldn't give them much more than a glance.  

That being said, I wouldn't mind having an early Levis XX repro made of natural indigo, but I don't think the results justify the extra cost when dealing with a standard jean like the SDA 103 or WH 1001.   

What really caught my eye about the natural indigo 1001's is just the shade, I like the dark purple look.

That coupled with the fact that Warehouse makes very barebones, well made jeans I would really like to wear a pair that are natural indigo and see how they compare to my banner denim 1001's.

Many natural indigo jeans I've seen have lots of details, and combined can be very flashy. I'd like a no frills version, and these seem to be it.

Cone Mill's White Oak Plant released a USA grown & woven natural indigo recently: https://www.conedenim.com/natural-indigo/

I know Leftfield (which is admittedly not Warehouse or SDA) is using it and only charging 240USD. So, is it the hand-dying process or something else that makes the MIJ natural indigo denim so expensive? Just curious.  :)

The natural indigo I've seen from Cone doesn't really interest me, it's too much of a bright blue color for my liking.

And I don't really hate Cone denim, the Roy black seed denim is really nice IMO.

I also really like the 1001 fit, so it's a bit of a perfect storm if I can manage to find a pair.

The most important thing about natural indigo dyed jeans isn't which type of indigo plant is used (of course different types will bring about different shades/tones of blue) but how the cotton yarns themselves are dyed. Some pairs aren't dyed to the core while some are. This affects other factors such as pricing and fading characteristics. The more expensive Japanese natural indigo jeans, including Warehouse's latest offering, fall in the latter category. Since they are dyed to the core these jeans will probably disintegrate from wear and tear before they ever show any signs of fading. The natural indigo jeans that aren't dyed to the core (I the believe SDA-103XX isn't) will fade very similarly to regular jeans.

I have two pairs of core-dyed natural indigo jeans myself and in my opinion people who wear them probably don't care much about fading. Sure they look beautiful and the shade of blue is stunning, but there's a reason why you don't see all that many photos of 'faded' natural indigo jeans--because they don't really exist. Just take a look at Pure Blue Japan's website or brochure and you'll see that the only discernable signs of wear on their natural indigo jeans are broken threads and puckering on seams. Still, I love wearing mine despite all this, but it's just something to think about. I think this has been brought up and discussed many years back in another thread.

Here ya go for the guys that want the natural indigo 1001.

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=98105994

Was just looking at this, I think I'm going to send them an email about ordering these.

Assuming international orders aren't too difficult (since they have a button dedicated to it), anyone have experience ordering directly?