Warehouse

Medine

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking over at the Warehouse website and I wasn't sure which one the 20th anniversary jeans were. They have two models in their online shop. I'm assuming the 13.5oz banner denim is part of their regular line up and the 14.5 6x6 Memphis cotton is the anniversary jean? Also can't figure out what it says on the website. ãƒ˜ãƒªãƒ³ãƒœãƒ¼ãƒ³ã‚¹ãƒ¬ã‚­? Herringbone what?

Also is the new Lee jean coming out going to be the same as the banner denim? From what I know the banner denim is 13.5oz 7x7 but I think the Leepro is 13.5oz 7x6?

^upload them to an online host (flickr, imgur, postimage) and insert the img code.

For those with the 700/800: How frequently would you recommed to wash? I was planning on washing mine at least every month, but feel like the denim is getting pretty grey and flat. Maybe I was expecting something similar to the 1001XX or Ahos crazy ropes, but so far I still wait for the denim to become really fantastic. Don't get me wrong, I like it nd love the fit, but compared to my Eternals or UES I find the denim to look more "normal".

My roping at the hem at least is going strong, but also prone to rip on the front, like on almost all my pairs. Too bad.

Edited by Max Power

Hi all, I've been on the forum for a while but never posted anything. Just picked up some Warehouse Lot 900 and thought I'd post some pre-soak fit pics seeing as there isn't much info available. Cold soaked them on the weekend and I think they're about right now. It's a slim taper cut but with more room in the thigh and a reasonable mid-rise. Recently got a pair of Samurai 710xx that are great but will likely wear these over summer due to the lighter weight. Looking forward to the seeing this banner denim evolving. Please excuse the crappy iPhone pics.

Cheers.

IMG_2791_zps7fzjgdsr.jpg

IMG_2816_zps1bwexrtn.jpg

IMG_2817_zpszdqafiqu.jpg

IMG_2818_zpsxrakbfvi.jpg

^upload them to an online host (flickr, imgur, postimage) and insert the img code.

For those with the 700/800: How frequently would you recommed to wash? I was planning on washing mine at least every month, but feel like the denim is getting pretty grey and flat. Maybe I was expecting something similar to the 1001XX or Ahos crazy ropes, but so far I still wait for the denim to become really fantastic. Don't get me wrong, I like it nd love the fit, but compared to my Eternals or UES I find the denim to look more "normal".

My roping at the hem at least is going strong, but also prone to rip on the front, like on almost all my pairs. Too bad.

Don't look to Aho's jeans with the expectation you'll be able to achieve similar results.  There's something specific going on with his process, that other's don't seem to recreate with simple increased washing.  Not sure if it's his washer type, detergent, wash temp, dryer temp, or water type (hard vs soft).  And most importantly, you have the 800 (1000XX) vs the 1001. The 1000XX denim is a little more flat IMO, and less prone to the crinkling up you see with the 1001 (though with two initial trips through the wash, and then another at 100 wears, and another at 137, my 1001 haven't puckered or crinkled anything like Aho's).  The fantasticness of Warehouse isn't so much about the denim doing anything dramatic along the way, but being a steady pair of jeans that that produces a vintage looking piece.

My advice would be to give your 800s 40 to 60 wears between washes.  Push it out to 90 to 120 wears if you want more contrast.  Washing less than 30 wears is going to give results I don't think you'll be as pleased with. 

On a side note, does the 1001 denim fade quickly? I don't think I've been wearing them for even a month yet and I already see hints of blue coming out from high stress areas.

Figure it's going to take 60 to 100 wears before you start seeing much.  I'll be at 180 with mine by the end of the month, and while very pleased with them, they are slower than what you'd see with the 1000XX denim and other brands.