Warehouse

Medine

Thanks! Haha, I wouldn't say I have enormous thighs (and thank god for that), but they certainly give me some minor challenges with finding the right waist-to-thigh ratio when buying jeans. 

Edit: And the 800s look great on all people here. I'm just so completely happy with the upper part of my 1000xx that I want something as close to that as possible (and make them into shorts, if not having them tapered professionally).  

Edited by mandel9000

I'm not familiar with the 1000xx however can confirm that the rises on both the 800 and 1101 are very comfortable.

The 1101 actually probably has a little more around the hips than the 800 and is a slightly more tapered cut, so that might work well for you.

The 1101 is probably the most comfortable pair I've owned, but the 800 is the best denim.

I'm pretty sure I've posted measurements for both in this thread but give me a shout if you can't find them.

Chyllien, Doogan, or anyone else who owns or has experience with the different cuts:

No jean fits me as well in the top block as my 1000xx, not even close, but the lower leg is too wide for my liking. Since I more or less fill out the thighs, it looks like an extreme bootcut or even a light flare below the knee.

I have checked and compared measurements on BiG and WH sites, and it looks like both the 1001 and the 800 are a bit lower in the rise and tighter in the hip and thigh area. Is that right? However, I have a feeling that the 1101 might fit the bill. What do you think? Same size as 1000xx or one up? I believe someone reported a lot of shrinkage. 

Thanks!

I have the 1003XX (same cut as 1000XX) and 1001 in the same size.  Depends on how the thighs fit on your 1000XX.  If they're as tight as you say, you'd have to size up for the 1001.    

The 1003XX from 2014 (the model I have), is nearly identical to the 1000(1000XX) in all measurements.  Not surprising since they're both takes on a 40s 501 (and WWII and late 40s 501s are different in details, but not so much in shape).      

I'd call the old 1001XX from a couple years ago early 50s, and the current 1001 late 50s (that's speaking in pretty general terms).    

My 1003XX is one of three models they made last winter and spring.  All the same cut, but with different pocket bag and button combinations.  Mine is the flannel pockets with donut buttons version.  

I see Warehouse has added a 1003SXX to their website.  These are your 20th Anniv models, (1003XX, 1101XX, 1003SXX), a parade of nice jeans (and I'm sure more to come), but none tagged as 20th Annvi.  

So, is Warehouse just playing around with the "S" in the new 1003SXX model?  I understand that the S indicates "simplified", but aren't all 1003XX models simplified by nature of being a stereotypical WW2 repro?  It made sense with the 1001SXX model, due to typical 1001 models NOT being simplified.

I see Warehouse has added a 1003SXX to their website.  These are your 20th Anniv models, (1003XX, 1101XX, 1003SXX), a parade of nice jeans (and I'm sure more to come), but none tagged as 20th Annvi.  

I'm a little disappointed in this, I was really hoping for a proper 20th anniversary model as I would've definitely bought a pair.

Not that any of these jeans are bad, I'd just want a properly marked 20th anniversary with some small special details.

Maybe we'll get something later this year. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the replies yesterday, everyone. Kinda confirms my suspicion that I can't really go wrong with any of the similar cuts and that they are all good. But since chyllien recently posted photo-proof that he owns both in question here (1000xx and 1101) I'll await his input. 

So, is Warehouse just playing around with the "S" in the new 1003SXX model?  I understand that the S indicates "simplified", but aren't all 1003XX models simplified by nature of being a stereotypical WW2 repro?  It made sense with the 1001SXX model, due to typical 1001 models NOT being simplified.

Warehouse has a WW2 1003XX model that is NOT simplified (has coin pocket rivets, arcs and standard buttons) - see here: http://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=88430067

This is why they differentiate the simplified 1003SXX model that doesn't have these features and is more akin to the WW2 models we are familiar with - see here: http://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=91041534

I have to admit to be following the 20th anniversary anxiety-fest with a certain amount of schadenfreude as I've opted out due to having my 15th anniv 1001s, Warrens and 415s sitting on ice (in addition to my Warrens in rotation) :)

^ brought to you by "ze Germans" ;):D

edit: to add something relevant: Maynard's explanation is a good one. The earlier 1003 models Warehouse did this year/last year often feature all rivets. And also stitched arcs?!

However, the 1003SXX only have the topb button in donut-button-style but that could happen back then. I suppose

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

The three 1003XX versions from 2014 are all very standard WW2 renditions.  Missing rivets; no arcuates whatsoever.  Then the 1st model from this year retained the 1003XX number, but with rivets and stitching.  Now, back to a typical release, but the new model number. It doesn't really follow.  So for the hell of it, I Googled "501SXX", and it looks to be a legit model number during this period. Maybe it was an off/on designation, and Warehouse is actually going full-on repro by pulling that format out for a couple of models here and there.

Just a thought.  And maybe you all know this shit already :-). Thanks for the discussion.

lot number is really confusing and complicated since they produced 1000(1001xx) and 1000(1000xx) :wacko2:

few years ago they produced ww2 1001xx and since then i assume lot number can represent anything.

as for the levis ww2 model, there are so many variation like lot number (s501xx, 501xx, 501), arc (stitch, orange paint, red paint, up side down paint, non), patch(leather, paper), button, rivet, slake, and more i have never seen.

thats why i like ww2 model :D

All i want is a real ww2 cut i mean just like the real thing with wh fabric

Then get the new 1003SXX when it hits in August. Assuming its the same cut as mine from spring 2014, it's close enough to the real thing.  You think you want a wider leg (though IMO, the WH jean captures the 40s shape well enough), go with the Buzz Rickson WWII 501 copy.