Warehouse

Medine

Max, I'm worried for those jeans. My Warrens have faded relatively quickly and I'm not sure Warehouse has the sturdiest construction or toughest denim (nice as it is). I think you'll destroy them within a year.

Max, I'm worried for those jeans. My Warrens have faded relatively quickly and I'm not sure Warehouse has the sturdiest construction or toughest denim (nice as it is). I think you'll destroy them within a year.

Maynard,

My 800's are one of my favorite pairs of jeans, though relatively new.  What is it about the denim or construction that may be somewhat lacking compared to others?  With all the talk of breaking Samurai threads, I'm also curious to know which brands you favor in terms of both construction quality and denim.

These are important question to me considering my weekly hikes up Kilimanjaro or when I'm at home watching old Breaking Bad reruns ;-)

Thanks.

John

All cotton stitching rather than polycotton, I've already had to reinforce mine at various points on the crotch seam plus the back pocket arcuates virtually disintegrated, all after a few months wear. Just my experience. I don't think the stitching and denim is particularly weak per se but we all know what a denim monster Max is and he's used to heavy Iron Heart and Samurai denim. Plus, if they fade quickly, he'll be sporting white jeans at the end of the contest if it's 2 years!

EDIT: construction-wise my SDA 101s have been pretty solid.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Plus, if they fade quickly, he'll be sporting white jeans at the end of the contest if it's 2 years!

EDIT: construction-wise my SDA 101s have been pretty solid.

Thats Max Power sitting on the car after his last denim contest.

tv_greatest_80s_shows_9.jpg

Edited by garden gnomes in space

All cotton stitching rather than polycotton, I've already had to reinforce mine at various points on the crotch seam plus the back pocket arcuates virtually disintegrated, all after a few months wear. Just my experience.

some might like cotton construction and cotton arcs, and i think (max correct me if i'm wrong) his jeans don't have arcs. i will say my 800s that i've had for 8 months of wear are beginning to lose the construction around the crotch with the stitching coming undone. but overall the denim has held quite well with no frays or holes. i will definitely need to repair the construction around the crotch in the coming weeks.

its all just a difference of preferences.

Edited by nycsurfer530

I always wondered what the Kaigai model was about. Mine have normal pocket bags.

Max, I asked Gordon at BiG about the differences between the Kaigai and regular 800 models.  Here is (some of) what he said:

- The Kaigai 800 uses a combination of Orange and Yellow topstitching threads, the regular 800 uses all Orange topstitching.

- The Kaigai 800 has a woven label at the back left side while the regular 800 has a paper label under the leather patch.

- The rivets on the Kaigai 800 are a brighter color vs the darker rivets of the regular 800.

- The Kaigai 800 has light weight denim pocket bag lining, while the regular 800 uses white cotton fabric.

- The Kaigai 800 has Red bar tack stitching next to the right rear pocket. This can be removed if preferred.

^splendid, thank you!

A new fit pic, two days in and they stretched perfectly. I sit a lot at work, so I get combs and whiskers pretty fast, resulting in weird hip flare an my usual knee pockets. I hope it settles with more wear & washes.

gDhtDfg.jpg

Edited by Max Power

I'm ordering my first pair of Warehouse, looking at Lot 900 specificly.

I noticed that 900s from shops like Caliroots and Tuckshop have two red bars and a white tag on left, but those on Warehouse's own webstore have the white tag under patch and no red bar.

Are these difference due to import/export/trademark restriction?

http://www.tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/store/warehouse-lot-900-slim-jeans-one-wash/

http://caliroots.com/warehouse-lot-900-slim-denim-pants-900or/p/34524

http://store.whw.jp/?pid=80838849

The caliroots and tuckshop models look similar to the Kaigai models at BiG, including the denim pocket bags, red bar tacks, and placement of the white tag. I didn't look too closely, but the inseam might also be longer on those in comparison to the Warehouse store version, which is also the case for the 800s at BiG. Gordon explained to me these are overseas versions but didn't go in to any details concerning trademark restrictions.

Edited to reflect correct model number (800 instead of 900).

Edited by Projectp