Warehouse

Medine

For those who might be interested in, gave my 1003XX another wash (#4) last night to tighten them back up, and lost some more inseam. It's down to 33.5".  According to BiG the 1000 one wash has a 33" inseam, and I believe the 1003XX uses the same denim, so there might be a little more inseam loss to go with my pair.    

Damn, the size 36s are gone.  I notice these are listed as sanforized.  I know months back BiG said the raw 800s would be sanforized, but they ones they're getting, at least according to their measurements, are going to be unsanforized.  

b_F,

I have the raw 800 (34) in 1000XX fabric and the denim is quite dark, as you and Flash say above.  My understanding is that the weight is 14 oz. but it feels heavier with more texture than jeans of similar weight (e.g., Fullcount or Roy 13.7 oz.).  I love the stuff.  One of my favorite pair of jeans and my all time favorite if price is a factor.

Looking forward to trying something else from Warehouse.  Do you or others have a favorite?

John

Can't go wrong with the 1001 John. The banner denim is great and the slightly slimmed down fit (and shorter topblock?) makes it a great pair in my eyes. Good price too. I got my pair from Japan-holic, nice company to do business with and free shipping to top it off.

Have to agre with Bobbo. I owend the WH800 before and really liked the denim. Now I own the 1001SXX with the banner Denim and I have to say, although it is lighter, it has a richer/darker indigo shade to it and it is something special to me when you think about the backstory, that Warehouse examined an original Levi's banner and tried to replicate that denim using 3 different cotton regions from the US.

From the fit, I think the usual 1001 with that denim might even be better but I liked the details on the 1001SXX better and the fit is still nice ;)

Surely aho has a spreadsheet documenting every fabric used by Warehouse and which jeans they are featured on. Hard to keep track with the various monikers given to the fabrics, which are easily confused with lot numbers, etc.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fabrics I have handled; correct me if I mix these up

Memphis 7x6 (aka 1000XX denim, as featured on 700, 800, 660; has this been superseded by another denim?)

Memphis 7x7 (featured on 1001XX 15th anniversary, 700XX?)

What is the "banner" denim, and where have we seen it used? I may have a pair of the 2013 1001 on the way.

There really needs to be a wiki about Warehouse's denim.

Edited by PeterParker

Ed, I don't think so. I ordered the 1001 from 2012 (I think...) along with the 1003 (denim pocket bags). The fabrics are definitely different. I posted a whole photo comparison of the two denims back there somewhere. I can try to dig it up later, if you'd like.

Apologizing in advance for not researching this thread thoroughly, I find Warehouse's various models and cuts confusing. In contrast to Fullcount, for example, where the trim-to-roomy gradient runs 1109, 1108, 1101, to 0105 (Samurai has a similar path, including the 710, 500, and 510), I don't have a clear sense of how the various Warehouse cuts differ from one another, or if there is a predictable (or sequential) pattern to the variations.

Rather than ask anyone to lay this all out (again), could someone simply summarize where the 800 falls on the Warehouse spectrum?  It's the only pair I have and I find the cut similar to the Fullcount 1101 (i.e., high rise, roomy in top block, fairly trim and tapered, but not tight in the thighs and legs).

Thanks.
John