Warehouse

Medine

By the way, the only place I've seen the new ''sanforized'' edition of the 800 is on the Bureau's website. Any other sightings or can we put this down to misinformation about the new raw version?

Yea, I'm starting to think it might be a case of a retailer not used to selling raw denim and not really knowing what they have.

Yea, but they're the one wash ones with the 32 inch inseam, which is no good to anyone...

unless you wear a 32 inch inseam.

If you're interested I'd get actual measurements from Japanholic, I suspect they may not be entirely correct. Their original measurements for the 415s looked potentially wrong when I first saw them about 18 months ago. I emailed Japanholic for confirmation, they checked, confirmed the error and new measurements to me, then subsequently updated the site.

BiG's one-wash inseam measurements are around 33" for most sizes of the. 800, so I don't see why these should be any different - not a huge variation (32" v 33") but could be significant enough to be the deciding purchase factor for some.

If you're interested I'd get actual measurements from Japanholic, I suspect they may not be entirely correct. Their original measurements for the 415s looked potentially wrong when I first saw them about 18 months ago. I emailed Japanholic for confirmation, they checked, confirmed the error and new measurements to me, then subsequently updated the site.

BiG's one-wash inseam measurements are around 33" for most sizes of the. 800, so I don't see why these should be any different - not a huge variation (32" v 33") but could be significant enough to be the deciding purchase factor for some.

Yes, but I really want the raw ones.

I picked up some of the 800s from Bureau. I was disappointed by them, something is not right with the denim in comparison to the one wash pair I have or my 1000xxs. The weft is much greyer and the texture is unusually hard and rough to the point of being uncomfortable in comparison to my other pairs of Warehouse. They also have an odd smell, a bit like wet nappies or something. Its hard to know whether I've been unlucky and got a duff pair, there are certainly more flaws in the weave than I've seen on any denim I've owned before. Would some kind of sanforization process explain it? 

I picked up some of the 800s from Bureau. I was disappointed by them, something is not right with the denim in comparison to the one wash pair I have or my 1000xxs. The weft is much greyer and the texture is unusually hard and rough to the point of being uncomfortable in comparison to my other pairs of Warehouse. They also have an odd smell, a bit like wet nappies or something. Its hard to know whether I've been unlucky and got a duff pair, there are certainly more flaws in the weave than I've seen on any denim I've owned before. Would some kind of sanforization process explain it? 

Sorry to hear that Will, but thanks for the heads up. Have you given them a wash yourself to see if that helps?

its just in your head man.

Nope, from a distance they almost look like broken twill. I've go three other pairs of Warehouse and these just don't feel or look the same. It's very hard to capture in a picture. Like I said could be a one off duff pair, I've had it before with a pair of LVC 47's which almost felt like plastic with a really weird feel to the weave.

My pair of 1003XX (from this spring) feel more coarse than what I'm remember my prior pairs of Warehouse feeling.  Natural fiber and variation from batch to batch.  Give 'em a couple washes and wear 'em, they'll be fine.  

post better picture man what size are those?

I've tried to capture the difference in a photo, but my camera isn't up to the task. They're a 33, lost a bit of weight a while back so my older jeans are a bit big for me now.

I'm beginning to doubt my sanity now :blink: , but even my girlfriend admitted they where different from my old ones. Regardless, I don't like them as much.

My pair of 1003XX (from this spring) feel more coarse than what I'm remember my prior pairs of Warehouse feeling.  Natural fiber and variation from batch to batch.  Give 'em a couple washes and wear 'em, they'll be fine.  

I've got a pair of the 1003xx on their way to me if they ever get out of customs. Hopefully they'll be more to my liking.

X-post from Sugar Cane- and WAYWT-threads. Might aswell put it up here too. My 1001's have been a steady companion this summer. Lost quite some color from all the washing and just getting more and more awsome by the day.

15001558185_46ce04b88b_c.jpg

I'm relatively new to Sufu and denim but, as some of you know, have managed to spend my way to limited knowledge of Samurai (S710XX), Fullcount (1108XX, 1101), Iron Heart (1955-UHR, 633s, 634s), and 3Sixteen+ (21BSP).

Warehouse is a brand that I'm not too familiar with, other than that it was one of the original Osaka 5.  If someone can direct me to a link that will shed some light on how Warehouse compares in quality or philosophy to some of the other Japanese denim companies, I'd appreciate it.

Regarding specific Warehouse models, I see on BiG's site that the #800, 1000XX, and 1001XX might work for me, given that all have longer rises (12"+ in sizes 34-36), not unlike the FC 1101, which I am enjoying in size 34 (raw).  Do I have it right that the 1001 is a wider, more straight leg cut than the 1000, and that the 1000XX is wider than the #800?  Finally, is there a model that Warehouse is best known for or that is 'most loved' here on Sufu?

Thanks.

John

Some of the models you're referring to, the 1000XX and 1001XX, are not currently in production.  The 1003XX is nearly identical to the 1000XX in shape though, and the 1001 is a little narrower (I believe) than the 1001XX.   

IMO, if you're happy with your FC 1108, I'd stick with the Lot 800.  And since they're one wash, sizing shouldn't be an issue. What you see is what you get.

Everything setter man said! "Most loved" maybe Blue in Green's 660 model as it's a slimmer cut, however the 1001 is seemingly getting more popular. The 1001 is the newer version of the 1001XX which they slimmed down by about .5cm across the board, while slightly making the waist larger.

^my email response from BIG:

Thank you for your inquiry. The maximum shrinkage of the Warehouse 800 raw will be 2†in waist and 2.5†in inseam by hot machine wash. For example the model in size 34 raw runs 35.75â€, and will shrink to be around 33.75 ~ 34†in waist if you machine wash them with hot water. Once washed version of the model is also available, they got washed and all the shrinkage was achieved so you don’t need to worry about the shrinkage.

I'm interested in a pair of raw 800's and asked BiG how they'd shrink and stretch relative to my Fullcount 1101 or Samurai S710XX.  I was told that the 800 would be similar.  Not sure if this helps much but it's all I've got ;-)

note:  Just as I typed this, cmo's much better response came through!

Edited by JohnM

^my email response from BIG:

Thank you for your inquiry. The maximum shrinkage of the Warehouse 800 raw will be 2†in waist and 2.5†in inseam by hot machine wash. For example the model in size 34 raw runs 35.75â€, and will shrink to be around 33.75 ~ 34†in waist if you machine wash them with hot water. Once washed version of the model is also available, they got washed and all the shrinkage was achieved so you don’t need to worry about the shrinkage.

I'm interested in a pair of raw 800's and asked BiG how they'd shrink and stretch relative to my Fullcount 1101 or Samurai S710XX.  I was told that the 800 would be similar.  Not sure if this helps much but it's all I've got ;-)

note:  Just as I typed this, cmo's much better response came through!

It looks like they're the same as the old 800's then.

It looks like they're the same as the old 800's then.

Which is surprising, because a few months ago they were saying the raw 800 would be sanforized. 

Well JohnM, if you want to know what the raw 800s are going to shrink to, just look at the 800 OW measurements.