Warehouse

Medine

Can anyone comment on the fit of the 1003 compared to the 1001 or 1000?  The thigh measurements look slim but there's a good chance I'm just reading the posted measurements wrong.  The 1001/1000 measurements are so enticing but blueingreen is lacking my appropriate size.

I don't believe the thigh measurements on the j-clothing site.  Shows a size 36 with a 12 1/2" thigh, no way that is correct (though waist and rise look like what I'd expect).  Silhouette looks very close to the 1000XX and 700, as it should be for an early 40s 501 style jeans.

In regard to 15th Anniv 1001XX shrinkage.... I can't remember how much they shrank on the first wash.  But from the cuff lines, they didn't move much between wash one and two, but between wash two and three there was a big jump... at least an inch, and they finished at around 33 1/2".  First two washes were cold/gentle, because the jeans were basically sized down ( I was 30 or 40 lbs heavier at the time), so you may have one more wash to go Sugar Mnt.      

They look even better on OT&Emotional....

My kanji has gone to crap the past few years but the gist of it is it's also based on the 1930's denim banner (Tennessee, Texas, Arizona cotton blend as you mentioned) like the 1001 but this is a new denim (6x6 whereas 1001 is 7x7). Lots of romanticizing on the details throughout but I'm afraid I must hit the sack for now lol

If anyone else picks up a pair of the late 40s WarehouseXLee 101Zs, and get them hemmed, please let me know.  I'd like to get my hands on some extra fabric to use to make longer belt loops for my pair.  They're only long enough to accept a 1 1/2" belt, and I'd like them to be able to fit a 1 5/8" belt.  

Measurements and details on the 1003XX look pretty similar to the 1000XX, perhaps a bit wider beneath the knee. Such a nice cut. Wonder if the denim is similar as well? The 2011 version was Memphis cotton, oxidized, 6x6 weave if I recall correctly.

Pocket bags made of denim is a lovely detail, featured on the 1000XX as well:

PB271510_zps8b653ef4.jpg

PB271509_zpsd92cb971.jpg