Warehouse

Medine

Guys, he's not saying his perfect hem is any different than a factory worker doing a perfect hem. He is saying that he basically guarantees a fault-free hem, when some less than ideal factory hems slip through QA, per his first-hand inspection as a retailer. And from my dealings with Blue Owl, if the hem gets to you with any faults, they'll probably quickly rectify it for you. Am I right, Kevin?

Correct. 

This is so silly to be debating, warehouse jeans are awesome and as far as hemming, use your judgement :) was just adding my 2 cents on the subject

was just browsing this thread and wanted to comment on the blue owl discussion.

Will be sending my 1000xx into hemming tomorrow and I will post the final product on here. I concur with S-town. I've bought several jeans from BOW and they always do a superb job, customer service is also the Bees' knees

Had a pair of jeans hemmed at blue owl once before... i live in NY and sent them out to the west coast and had them back on thursday. a lot of places quote 2 weeks turn around time so i was extremely pleased. they also payed for return shipping which a lot of places wont do. i have a new pair coming from the UK on thursday and it probably a little inconvenient to send it back there for the hem so i'm planning to send these to blue owl as well. i could probably send them to BIG or SE as those are closer, but based on my previous experience, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Edited by jmfr

Hey Guys, I am new to warehouse denim, I got my eyes on a the BIG660, and would love to hear some sizing advises. :P

1.I wear Iron Heart's Beatle Buster in size 32 for a slim fit(not so comfy fit), should I pick size 32 or 33 for a comfy fit(not baggy though) in the 660?

2. How much will the 1000xx denim shrink, especially for the thigh area, BIG suggest a 0.25 inch of shrinkage(quite a small shrinkage compare to other brands),

3. How does the 1000xx denim compare to FH's pioneer denim and IH's 21oz? in terms of shrinkage and softness.

Much appreciated for any advises. :rolleyes:

660 update from BIG

Thank you for your inquiry. The 660's are a discontinued model in Japan but

they produce them for us as a special edition so we're not able to special

order outside of our regular production. We're planning to produce more

shortly and will hopefully have them back in stock around the end of this

year or shortly after.

Regards,

Gordon Heffner

some real good pairs lately:

10th Anniversary's sz 30: http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u57342853

Asking way too much here: http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r106295206

not to mention these 10th Anniversary 1004XX's sz 31: http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m117327473

They also added a bunch of Heller's pieces on the sample gallery:

http://www.whw.jp/sample/

Edited by aho

Thats a good strategy I have to say. I'm thinking of picking up the 1001 (2013) version but the rise seems rather high (I wear a size 28), it'd be great to hear updates on your pair especially your thoughts on the rise?

^The rise is pretty comfortable for a 50's cut and not too high for me. At least not as low as the 660's ("Low/mid rise"). Depends on what you're used to wearing, but my size 32's are 11.5 inches in the front, 14.75 inches in the back ("Mid/High rise"). Because they added some room in the waist and brought down the rise just a touch for the new 1001, they sit more comfortably in my opinion.

As far as progress or updates, there hasn't been any as I've been focusing on the Ooe contest jeans... ;)

• 2 weeks later...