Warehouse

Medine

Just wondered where I'd stand if same happened is all.

Basically what Warehouse is stating is that insurance is through EMS Japan not Warehouse. if your package is lost/stolen/damaged you have to take it up with EMS Japan for the insurance claim. Warehouse will assist you in talking to EMS Japan but they will not reimburse you in form of money or another pair of jean.So when EMS Japan investigates and finds the circumstance is covered by their insurance then they give you the money.....if not well......you are SOL.

so i finally decide to pull the trigger on a pair of wh (660), and i want to ask (again) how much shrink is to be expected on the inseam, is it 2.5 inch as described in BiG's website ? because im planning to get it hemmed at BiG and i dont want to mess up the inseam by getting it too long or too short for my liking after i soak it.

and one last time, i know this is kind of a noob question, but is it okay to cold soak a jeans for the initial soak, i noticed that most people usually do hot soak instead of cold for the initial soak, so yeah..

I'll present the opposing side of aho's stance on the inseam debate.

Inseam length is something I struggle with because you really only have one chance to get it right. I'm talking about a proper inseam with just a slight break - no stacking, no cuffing. I'd say there is a +/- 0.75 inch allowance to getting the length right. Any more and it will look sloppy, any less you and you will look silly.

There are so many things to take into consideration: fabric weight, leg opening, rise (or sag), shrinkage, stretch, footwear to be worn with, etc., It's like having a pair of pants tailored, only you have to factor in these issues - and if you are chainstitching by proxy (e.g. SelfEdge, Iron Heart, BiG, etc.), you don't have the benefit of an experienced tailor to nail the measurement down for you.

My Burgus, which were hemmed to 31" inseam, were too short when I was wearing sneakers, lower heeled boots, etc. and so I cuffed them to keep them from dragging. Problem is my cuffed jeans always fray in the fold of the cuff. When I got my White's (higher heeled boots), I uncuffed the jeans and they're a good length, only now they are tattered where I had cuffed them.

Another example is my SExSC06. I had those hemmed to 33" pre-soak to factor shrinkage, aiming for ~30.5" inseam. After hot-soaking they were good, but after a couple of wears they stretched back out. The leg-opening is smaller and denim more supple, so they don't look great when cuffed, nor do they stack nicely.

While you can hem post-soak or after a couple of wears, I prefer to hem pre-soak for more pronounced roping. Regardless, hemming should be done as early as possible - one-wash or raw.

In the end, I agree with aho's sentiment that you can make jeans look fashionable by cuffing whether they are too long or too short; however, getting the perfect length is quite a precise science!

BiG has hemmed enough Warehouse jeans, you tell them what inseam length you want them to finish at once completely shrunk, and they will hem them accordingly. Though, depending on how you soak or wash your jeans, it might take three or four soaks to actually get to that final measurement.

thank you all for the kind replies aho, peterparker, though i havent placed an order yet because im still thinking about the inseam haha, maybe this weekend i'll place it

setterman

wow BiG can do that eh, okay, yeah i know what you mean with needing three or four soaks to get the right length, actually my previous pair of jeans had the perfect length after 3/4 washes haha.

will post fitpic when they arrived, which according to my proxy service will be about 10-12 work days, man its gonna be a long wait