Warehouse

Medine

The denim on the 2501 classic straight reminds me a little of the denim on my 15th anniversary 1001xx, which are still raw and in my wardrobe, patiently waiting their turn :)

Edit: having looked at them on a proper computer rather than my iPhone, I no longer see the similarity with my 1001xx. However, I did find out that Blue-Gray use a grey weft with their blue warp, hence the name.

At that price I'd definitely be interested in the 2501 classic straight if I were in the market for a new pair of jeans.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I don't understand why Warehouse made the Blue-gray line. Whats the point?

quite simply, because they can...;)

and really, i think it's great that they're willing to take risks and play around with these non-standard lines (Heller's, Dubbleworks, etc.)...I'm personally intrigued by the half selvedge denim and wondering how the more "expensive" 2501 classic straight will fade (a bit darker than the half selvedge). wish the 2502 came with a button fly, but most likely won't bite the bullet on these either (unless I sell off some other pairs!)

2501 has two models: classic straight which appears to be 501 40's repro with the leather patch, looser fit & regular straight a 501 60's repro with paper patch straight leg

2502 is a slim model, description says something about a 60's pair custom tapered for a steve mcqueen look (!) would be the equivalent of the 54z LVC has done imo

Okay, now I see. Classic Straight, Regular Straight, Slim Straight. When I looked at the website I looked at the pictures of the latter two and thought they were the same cut, just with a different fly. Didn't even look at the Classic Straight and see that it has the same lot # as the Regular Straight (kinda dumb having the same # for different cuts).

Just bought these on a whim http://www.ebay.de/itm/160802331468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_24390wt_1282

Not sure if it was such a good idea or even a good deal... Pretty ugly "wash" but probably enough life left , no marks or tears as far as I can tell. It was more like "Woah, WAREHOUSE ON EBAY GERMANY! NEED!" Anyway, can anybody id the model by any chance?

p1290910o9u4f.jpg

p1290900onu6t.jpg

I got a pair of new 1001XX, yet to wear them since i got other pairs to break down first.

but overall quality is great, despite the price being a little too high.

I cant wait to see samples of other people's 1001XX.

Does anybody else have a pair of 1001XX?

Snake and Setterman have regularly posted theirs on here.

I have a raw pair still lying dormant.

Need to take some update pix of them for the Osaka 5 thread. Will post them here (and some of my 700s) too.

Does anyone know the denim weight that Warehouse is using for the new Blue-Gray releases (specifically the 2501 classic straight) and also why they are so much cheaper than the new 1001XX - ¥17850 for the 2501 v ¥24150 for the 1001XX?

thanks. Been wanting a good fitting pair of cinch backs, with enough inseam to cuff, for a while. #700s fit the bill very nicely. I really like having a cinch, and some adjustment at the waist. I have no ass, and being able to tighten the cinch helps keep the pants up without having to wear my belt super tight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have both the 1001xx (preferably 15th anniversary) and 1000xx?

Can you compare the fit of both please?

I have the 1001xx and would like to buy the 1000xx but according to the measurements on the BiG website, they look a bit slimmer on the thighs and I need some room there!

I've also heard that the 1000xx are basically the same cut as the 700 but without cinch and crotch rivet, however the measurements aren't quite the same on BiG.

In my experience the 1001XX shrinks pretty hard (not sure if you've washed yours yet). I have the same size in the 1001XX and 700. The 1001XX started out with larger measurements than the 700, but once they're shrunk up they fit noticeably smaller. You're dealing with a slightly different cut and denim in the 1000XX, but you should probably be fine buying the same size as your 1001XX. I'm a 38 in the 1001XX and 700, and I'd actually consider dropping to a 36 in the 1000XX. I'd consider a 36 in the 700 too, but no way I'd go lower than 38 in the 1001XX.

• 3 weeks later...

glad you like 'em aho. The 1001XX has evolved into my favorite pair of jeans. they were a spur of the moment buy, and when I bought them online at big it looked like there was a glich and the sale didn't go through. Had instant buyers remorse and said to myself "I'm glad that didn't work out." Then Gordon called me to ask about the order, and I said ya, I made it. They came with one of the red bandanas from the 660 contest as an apology for the computer issues on big's end. They were tight when new. True to size to maybe size down an inch at the waist. Had to hand stretch the waist big time after washing them, and they were still uncomfortable to wear. Never wore them daily due to the LVC contest. But, after two years of being worn an average of once or twice a week, they've turned out beautifully, And since losing weight, they're one of my best fitting jeans, and really capture the 50s style. Absolutely love the cut and the denim. I still only wear them a couple days a week. I like 'em right where they're at, and don't want to hasten their demise.

Been wearing the 700s three to five days a week over the past five months. They're an extremely close second to the 1001XX when it comes to "favorite". Going to keep them going at the current wear rate for at least the next three months, then spread wear evenly between them, the 1001XX and some LVC 66s.