Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

shawl collar and fold over cuffs are a nice touch. this is a skookum btw

img55708604.jpg

I am down for a group buy for this jacket with just a change up on the pockets. I hear skookum makes jackets for EG and I have one that looks exactly like this with different details. It fits me perfectly in a large and I can take some measurements if necessary I gess. It is called the clicker jacket and it looks like thizz http://www.oipolloi.com/store/EngineeredGarments-DenimClickerJacketLightBlue-3723.html

The Temple of Jawnz varsity will be premiering on Friday. Slim fit, short bodied/long sleeved, grey/white leather color scheme, foldover shawl collar, foldover cuffs, white snap front and white leather flashed pockets. $195.

I've got it in my possession, but I want to make some adjustments to the arms before showing you guys. It looks good and is made well, and I'm happy with the leather quality and materials, I am just tweaking the pattern a bit. Couple more days, if my alteration shop is open tomorrow and does a quick job.

edit:

Actually I'll be fair and give you guys a teaser for now.

The jackets will look like this, a very basic varsity, wool melton, 3-piece white leather sleeves with white leather front pocket flashing, white snaps. I specified the foldback collar and cuffs in solid ribbing, you may choose solid or double striped when you order.

The wool melton colors available are many, I made this sample in grey, I may get another sample made in navy, but the colors are very basic and don't require much imagination when I say:

-grey

-cardinal red

-navy

-royal blue

-purple

-maroon

-black

-kelly green

-yellow

-etc, etc, pretty much most of your primary colors and popular sporty colors.

Black leather sleeves are available as well. I am happy with the quality of this leather for the price, and I am fairly picky about leather quality.

As this is not the final production model, suggestions are also welcomed. For now, no fit pics, til I get the fit sorted out to my liking.

Please keep in mind everything is MTM, so while the basic model and design will remain the same, measurements and proportions are the way you want them.

details

2vnj66u.jpg

basic look:

2yytw68.jpg

Forgot to mention the interior details; this one is uninsulated and lined in sample black rayon. It makes for a nice warmer Spring/Fall jacket, and maybe even Winter weight depending on where you live. There is also the option of quilted, insulated rayon as well, for no charge, which would up the warmth considerably.

I've decided not to charge extra for any custom work on these varsity jackets, they will be $195 plus a discounted shipping fee, like $10 or $15 depending on where you live.

Looks good, man. I didn't know you guys were doing cluthin. This the same guy who did your suit with the raf knockoff pants? Those were nice

capa- don't you already have the apc one?

Thanks guys, I am not personally making these, a specialized tailor is making these, he pretty much spends all day, 7 days a week just making varsities, so this is no homebrew jacket. It will stay together through the years.

There is no real point in a group buy for now, every piece can be made to measure in individual color schemes for the same price.

If there is enough interest, I have been thinking about bringing an advanced model out too, but it'd cost a little more because of the material/feature content.

basically though, I just want to bring an affordable, under 2 bills varsity option to you guys with what you want.

Design-wise, I am working on the patterns and detailing myself. Production I leave to the tailor that I mentioned.

The quilted version would probably stand up to a colder winter fairly well, for all but the coldest days, and then layering could take care of the rest.

I don't want to say an exact day yet because I want these to be perfect before I send any out, they need to please you for the money spent. I am hoping early to mid next week sometime, and they will have a week to week and a half turnaround time hopefully, from order to delivery worldwide.

Quick poll:

Raglan versus regular sleeves? My first sample is in regular sleeves but I am kind of curious as to the increased contrast of white raglan sleeves ovr a dark body, like this (with much skinnier arms and without the dorky patches)

Picture-003-730720.jpg

or have we all settled on this as being the ideal fit/color scheme?

3106_b19b098ecf875d82f9cb9b29ce0fa976.jpg

Striped ribbing? Solid ribbing? I am not 100% pleased with the ribbing on the sample, I feel like I might go to the textiles district tomorrow and buy a bulk of something better, like a sweater knit. Chunky, or not chunky?

What color bodies are you guys interested in? Reading through the thread, everyone wants something different, but seems to like black or navy as well. If you had all those choices I mentioned before, what color would you specify personally, keeping in mind it will be white sleeves/white snaps/white pocket flashing, etc?