movie torrenting

how powerful are your computers that they can play that shit? i mean the screen resolution on my laptop isn't high enough that i could see the whole picture but i'm genuinely interested what kind of hw i need to sport to see movies in that res

macbook connected to 24 inch monitor

haha well that's useless information ;)

i did download a 1080p movie once but it didn't really want to play smoothly and i also was missing the largest part of the image. i have a dell studio 15 2ghz c2d w/ 3gb ram. so judging from what you said i technically should be able to play those videos. maybe it's possible through the HDMI port

yeah, I'm fine playing them on my TV with that WD media player thing anyway. Might as well watch them on a larger screen if it's HD.

seems I was mixed up about the user classes on passthepopcorn. I won't be a Power User for a bit longer than I thought. I'll be Member pretty soon, but that doesn't bring much with it.

I would do that but all my TV's are CRT and xbox can do analog conversion BEAUTIFULLY whereas trying to directly output a digital signal to my analog TV is not so good.

Yes, I could buy a digital TV but my analog TV is the bees knees. I got it a long time ago and it was top of the line at the time. Trinitron CRT, it's like 40 something inches, flat surface... I would need to spend like $1500 for a new TV and I like the one I have. HTPC would be relatively cheap but it couldn't display to my TV :(

buy a rapidshare account

best purchase you'll ever make

always download at full speed, don't have to worry about seeding, and you can find EVERYTHING on there

better yet, buy a usenet subscription. usenet = safe, secure, 100% full fucking speed. a superior choice indeed

usenet is passive though. I used to LOVE usenet back in the early 90s when it was the only thing available, but the inability to keep content for long periods and no really good search mechanism kind of kills it for me.

I LOVE Usetnet

Ben, the retention these daze on paid news servers is GREAT plus there are always re ups

no matter what anyone says, I still believe Usenet is more secure than torrents and speeds are consistent and NO RATIO BS

best $11 I spend

http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html

*ETA* I am a member of all torrent sites both music and movies and very, very, very, rarely use them

usenet is passive though. I used to LOVE usenet back in the early 90s when it was the only thing available, but the inability to keep content for long periods and no really good search mechanism kind of kills it for me.

dude 400 day retention, and newsleech nzbin etc for searching and dling on the nzb file.

I use uTorrent's force-encryption mode and peerguardian. All my ISP or anyone else knows is that there is a high rate of encrypted SOMETHING coming downstream to my machine.

If someone subpoenaed your usenet provider or your ISP, they could find out anything you've downloaded.

/discussion

how much gb/month usage are you allowed for $11??

unlimited

I use uTorrent's force-encryption mode and peerguardian. All my ISP or anyone else knows is that there is a high rate of encrypted SOMETHING coming downstream to my machine.

If someone subpoenaed your usenet provider or your ISP, they could find out anything you've downloaded.

/discussion

peerguardian is almost useless as monitoring ips change often, and its hard to say if a tracker is compromised or bought by some media company.

With usenet you could always use a server located in like some far off country.

peerguardian is almost useless as monitoring ips change often, and its hard to say if a tracker is compromised or bought by some media company.

Hence why before I start a torrent I remove all the trackers except the ones I trust. Or just disable them all and use peer-discovery instead. :) You have a point about PG but there are plenty of people maintaining lists (other than pg themselves)...

With usenet you could always use a server located in like some far off country.

And watch your throughput rate plummet? :) I wonder if they'll let you even do that from another country... Any country advanced enough to offer decent usenet service would probably also comply with requests to release information. Switzerland maybe not...

What we really need is a data haven!

Oh, and $11/month is $11/month too much...

all private and very very closely controlled

I long ago lost patience with that 31337 previous-level bullshit. I totally understand the need for secrecy but if I need to deposit 0-day warez every week to keep an account they can go fuck themselves ;)

nah, not like that at all man.....these boards are comprised of peeps that have been doin this shit for years. I don't need to contribute anything to be a member....but I WANT to. I don't even up much anymore. it makes no difference, we are all friends that share a pirates bond....my main softs board is an older crowd and are tech geniuses..they let me play anyway :)

music boards are a lil younger crowd but are great. they keep me up to date and the board is state of the art

but, whatever

• 2 weeks later...