Fast Food Appreciation

chronoaug

• 4 weeks later...

I try to avoid fast food when I can, but I'll throw out some love for Subway. Have one a mile from my place and appreciate the healthy options on the go.

If I do "splurge", it has to be Five Guys. It's the only thing I've tried that comes close to a home-grilled burger, although I greatly prefer my meat cooked on a charcoal grill.

I still haven't had the luck of getting diarrhea from White Castle. The one at Brooklyn Junction shut down too so I have to go out of my way to reach another when I am up there.

i lived next to a white castle when i was up in the bronx earlier this year. ate that shit like 3 times a week. gotta love places that are behind bullet proof glass.

OH SHIT i remember that hood ass location. swung by for some breakfast sliders at 6 AM after pulling an all-nighter at fordham bars (never again)/horrific looking undergrad girlies apartments (double never again) and right before hopping a 8 AM train to montreal a few summers back. best part of the night was sharing a monster box of white castle amongst friends

great, long story actually but let's just say it ended with a rugby playing chick's mouth on my shmuck plus another girl's puke on my friend's chest (a girl whom he was digging out on the couch as she suddenly was unable to hold the two 40's she drank with us 20 minutes prior)

i don't know how the ones in the phillipines are but the ones stateside are like last resort shit

The ones in the Philippines are the bomb... I don't even care. I can't stomach the ones here, when I've eaten at the ones in the Philippines for months.

Not even giving a damn about the chicken, that Double Yum with TLC?

I'll get chubby for that shit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
never been to a shake shack. may go to nyc this weekend to complete the ss-5g-ino trifecta

edit - oh also cane's chicken is that shit

I almost completed the SS-InO-5G trifecta in short time, but came from Manhattan having eaten SS and didn't want to eat Five Guys at LaGuardia. That said, if one was dedicated, they could spend about $1000 and eat 5-6 famous American burgers coast to coast within a week, if not a few days.

how are you gonna compare WM dog burgers to even 5G? 5 guys is shit, but still....

I honestly think the best burger (not the most consistent, but okay) is Steak n Shake's single/double steakburger. Highly underrated. No fancy bun in beef suet, no diaper, no special spread, no bullshit explanations, it's just a burger. Like In n Out, you will drive through the Midwest and the only edible food at the exit where you happen to need gas will be Steak n Shake, so you go for it, and it's good. You get cheese and chili slathered fries, a steak burger, a hand churned shake, Steak n Shake isn't even on people's lists but it should be.

Just go to dallas and get five guys, in-n-out, whataburger, steak n shake, krystal, and tim love's love shack burgers (originally pretty much a good shake shack rip off)

+ lesser known shit like braums

and Taco Bueno and Taco Cabana

I think it's hard to put Shake Shack in the same category as the others just because the ingredients are much better – even if the price isn't much higher (though it is higher). Pat La Frieda beef and good buns/produce are like cheating when talking about fast food chain burgers, ha.

That being said, I'll hold down Whataburger because I'm a homer and that shit is open 24 hours (Steak n Shake on that all night shit, too)

Just go to dallas and get five guys, in-n-out, whataburger, steak n shake, krystal, and tim love's love shack burgers (originally pretty much a good shake shack rip off)

+ lesser known shit like braums

and Taco Bueno and Taco Cabana

I think it's hard to put Shake Shack in the same category as the others just because the ingredients are much better – even if the price isn't much higher (though it is higher). Pat La Frieda beef and good buns/produce are like cheating when talking about fast food chain burgers, ha.

That being said, I'll hold down Whataburger because I'm a homer and that shit is open 24 hours (Steak n Shake on that all night shit, too)

This couldn't have happened even 2 years ago though, without the In n Out expansion.

Shake Shack shackburgers are greasy little motherfuckers, I will give them that, but In n Out wins over SS because they're both pretty boy burgers, but In n Out has the leafed iceberg, and the raw onion slices, and dill chips to cut through the beef and cheese grease, and doesn't have like 130 grams of fat in a single. In n Out is a true lunch burger. It's light in the hand, stays pretty crisp and clean, has a beefy flavor still, and remains a hamburger sandwich, which to me is what they should be like, some sort of kinship to the roots. Smashing a lot of soggy bun and beef and cheese together doesn't make for a burger experience, IMO.

Mos Burger is alright, but it's the Mos Burger single and the Chicken sandwich that they do well. All Japanese fast food is on the next level though. Wendy's Japan is back again, but they're starting out in the sticks for now, once they get back into Tokyo it will be the shit. Wendy's Japan might be the best fast food experience I've ever had in my life.

I'm waiting for corn tortilla al pastor mini tacos with radishes and pico to hit huge.

If I was the corporate shill to "synergize" it I'd offer one with shrimp mixed in that bitch. Mexican surf-n-turf.