Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Hi peoples! Excited about the Black Maria fade contest. I think I lost some weight without knowing, so mine are a little large, but I'll make 'em work!

So we are going to officially launch the Black Maria Fade Contest tonight at 8 we have 25 contestants and going to list their Sufu or reddit name when preferred. Very excited to introduce the contestents and we will have a personal introduction and a picture shortly following this. 

Sufu                       Reddit

1) andrewrose             ------

2) ---------                  Shitsquatgrillypumpo

3) ---------                   avoidexposure.

4) Performed Beef      ---------------

5) crogers0031           ---------------

6) Cool Hand Luke     absolut696

7) rok__                      rok__

8) -----------               --------------           Geo

9) ------------             CS027

10) -----------             jamezpham

11) ----------               LickSquid

12 -----------              YahooEmail

13) ----------               MadJamz

14) 5010_                     ------------              

15)   tsxser                   tsxser

16) ------------             -----------         Larry Weaver

17) ------------             irrenhouse

18) ------------             ------------        Nicholas K

19) Theone                 ------------

20) pcalabro               pcalabro

21) whiskeyriver         whiskeyriver

22) -------------           anerdyasian

23) -------------           brucenasty

24)  Vultureparade      -------------

25) itschrisb               -------------

It is possible I might have missed someone so if so, many apologies we will get you up on the list asap. 

Thank you all for participating and please post asap. 

best, Christian

Edited by Left Field

Alright guys, super pumped for this contest.

My names Brennen, and my Reddit username is Shitsquatgrillypumpo.

I'm a full-time student right now double majoring in Economics and Philosophy. I like denim, cars, and a lot of the newer punk rock coming out. I've also been getting into biking recently since I moved cities and riding a bike to campus is the most effective way to get around.

This is going to be my first raw denim contest, but I've owned a few pairs before these Black Marias. The fit on these is a little looser than I'm used to, but I'm actually really happy with the way these look. Of course the quality and construction of these jeans is great, and they are full of killer details too.

Fit Pics: http://imgur.com/a/kWfJo

As of right now I probably have a little bit over a month of wear on these guys so I'll be submitting my final fade pictures early as per the rules. Oh and please forgive the low quality pictures. The only thing I have right now is my OnePlus Two so cellphone shots will have to do. As the contest goes on hopefully my photography will get better and i'll be able to get the out of wack exposure reigned in. 

So far I only own a few tees and these Black Marias, but Left Field has already become one of my favorite brands. I hope to be adding more items to my wardrobe as this year goes on. (Although probably no more jeans for now; too many jeans.)

Can't wait to get to know you guys throughout the year. Good luck with all of your pairs.

A small side note, I'm taking light jacket recommendations. I was thinking about looking into a black bomber or something similar. Any thoughts?

Edited by BrennenCooke

Hey guys! I'm Bryan. This is my second left field fading contest thingie, and I'm looking forward to it! I'm hoping I can keep up with some of the killers around here as my life and job isn't super active, haha.

My pair has about a week and a half or so of wear, so I'm going to try to remember to submit my final pictures about two weeks early just to be fair to everyone. They are a bit snug around my voluptuous (apparently) hips, so I'm hoping they stretch a little bit more. I guess it would also help if I stopped eating multiple cupcakes a day. 

Here are a few (less than awesome) pictures!

owKxprv.jpg?1

XNZgTWh.jpg?1

bZvPpPI.jpg?1

haha, Brennen, it looks like we went with the same aesthetic today. I also think your pictures were better than mine that were, ironically, taken with a OnePlus One.

Hey, great minds think alike. I actually just upgraded from the One. I love these phones but its times like these when I wish I had a Galaxy S6 or something.

Your fit looks spot on by the way, and I'm sure the top block will stretch enough to give you some more breathing room.

# 17/25

Hi, I am Madhur or irrenhouse.

I recently graduated from university and now work as a research fellow. I swear I had more interests and hobbies but all I can remember now is that I like music (primarily rap, folk and rock), cooking and running.

This is my first fade contest and I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.

I used my phone to get some rushed pictures but I will try to figure out a better solution in time.

Fit Pics: http://imgur.com/a/Azs2S

What's going on dudes?! Sorry I'm late to the party. Had some trouble trying to figure sufu out via mobile.

I'm White Washed here, and Madjamz on Reddit. Lucky #13 checking in!

http://imgur.com/a/HbJTi-- Roomie helped take these pictures for me right after I got home for work. Please excuse the strangeness of the side fit picture.. They told me to "strut my stuff".

Below is what I posted on reddit about 2 weeks ago.

Quick intro of myself: 20 year old hailing from a small town in Northern Virginia, just about 15 minutes outside D.C. I've been wearing raw denim for over a year and a half and it has really become a corner stone of my life. Friends have started to come to me for jean and fashion advice which is pretty sweet! I just got accepted today as an apprentice at an upscale salon nearby and I'll be starting this Saturday. It's going to be really exciting to start the next chapter of my life!

In terms of interests outside of denim and fashion, coffee and music take up most of my time. I'm currently employed by Starbucks which has really opened my eyes to coffee in terms of start to finish ~ farming to consumption. I know Starbucks as seen as lower on the scale when it comes to quality of beverages, but I wouldn't know any of information I know now without the tools they provide. They also kick ass with their benefits! Who can knock matching investments in your 401k, and free whole beans on a weekly basis? When it comes to music, I'm all over the place with genres. I used to be a vocalist and guitarist for a metalcore band (and I really wish I still had a group of dudes that I could jam with). But I've really been digging some of the new rap/hip hop stuff that has been coming out. Same thing goes for the electronic/trap/edm whatever you want to call it music.

But I guess that's it. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi ya'll,

I’m excited to have the opportunity to participate in this contest.

My reddit username /u/avoidexposure.

So some things about me:

I am currently a pre-service teacher pursuing my master degree in education from Southern California with hopes of getting my own elementary classroom in the near future. Career goals from there are to be an administrator, professor, pursue my doctorate, or teach other math or somewhere else.

My interests consist of weightlifting, coffee, music, football, and video games.   I have been lifting weights since high school through football, but got serious it in my sophomore year of college and lost over 50 lbs. I was also pursuing powerlifting as much as I could, but have put that on pause because of a couple of injuries and working on my master’s thesis. I recently got into coffee: buying a lido 3,v60, aeropress, and gooseneck to mess with. I enjoy all types of music, but my first love is rap/hip-hop. My personal favorite rapper of all time is Lupe Fiasco. I also really love football: played offensive line/defensive line in high school, coached for several years after, and my favorite team is the Green Bay Packers. Of course growing in this generation, I love video games. I am currently playing league of legends when I get some time.

As for denim, the LF Black Maria’s will be my third pair and this will be my second contest. My first pair was JBO-410, where I wanted to participate in the contest early on, but I broke my leg so I started a bit later. That pair will be reaching a year in November. Recently I got a pair of Momotaro Natural Tapered, and haven’t really worn them. Finally, I have black denim I’ve been looking for in LF Black Maria and I’m really excited to get started on this contest.

Just dropped them off recently to Railcar for a hem/taper. I'll post pictures ASAP when I get them back. I just wanted to introduce myself prior to this contest. Good luck and happy fading!

Hey what's up guys I'm Steven, aka anerdyasian.

Little background about myself: I'm a college freshman at UCI and an out-of-stater from SC. I'll be studying Mechanical Engineering as my major for now but I've some interest in changing for my next quarters. Some interests of mine include listening to hip hop, playing super smash bros melee, lifting weights (I'm still small though, don't judge), cooking, and dancing. I've been listening to Travis Scott's Rodeo, which is great by the way, but now that I'm kind of done going back and giving Kanye's older albums a listen again. I've also decided to join BBA (Bboys Anonymous) at my school even though I don't know how to bboy, but I'm hoping I can learn! Kind of hoping it leads to some siqq fadez but at the moment I'm kind of just going slow and learning how my body moves during sessions.

I'm definitely excited to be part of the contest and am definitely interested on how the fades on all the pairs will turn out. Unfortunately I mis-sized on my pair due to me not realizing the high rise would mean I could get a smaller size due to it sitting higher up. It's not too big of a deal, I've taken them to Railcar for a taper and I think I'll just wear a belt for a while before I get the waist altered too. If anyone has a suggestion as to where to send them for a waist alteration in the OC I would appreciate it, Railcar is on my list but they're a bit pricey for me. I should be getting my Marias shipped back to me sometime this week so I'll be able to start putting some wear into them soon, which I'm pretty happy about. I'll try to be consistent in taking photos of my pair and posting to this thread.

Fit pic pre-taper while at Railcar: http://imgur.com/s9gImOU

I'll definitely be taking fit pics again after I get them back from Railcar. Also, If any of you other guys are at UCI and have the same interests as me and want to meet up or something I'd be down to hang out for a bit. If you want to contact me on social media you follow me @anerdyasian on instagram.

Hey everyone. I'm Ryan. I am an environmental lawyer in Tallahassee. Love getting out in the wilds, collecting vinyl, cooking, playing guitar and singing. I love a wide range of music, and in addition to the vinyl I have a pretty large digital collection also. Been into denim for some time, and have stuff from Japan, the US and Indonesia. Usually wear heavier weight denim, even in the hot humid summers of Florida. Also, that reminds me: with this starting in winter, my tactical advantage of humidity has been eliminated. Haha. I've never faded a pair of black denim before, so I am stoked to see how that turns out. This is fun. Thanks for the opportunity, Left Field.

EDIT: Oh! And I tried these on once before yesterday. Yesterday was the first full wear.

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

Edited by whiskeyriver

Hi, my name is Andy.  I live in the beautiful state of Colorado and rather dislike my job but it does give me the chance to take advantage of all the outdoors we have.  Favorite things include mountain biking and hiking/mountaineering.  Working on two lists as per the latter right now- all named destinations in Rocky Mountain National Park (peaks, lakes, waterfalls, random high points, etc.), at 393/483 and Boulder County high points, about 1/4 of the way to completing the 87 ranked peaks, most of which have been by coincidence until the decision this week to take that on.  Thus I spend alot of time outdoors in the middle of nowhere.  Thinking of trying an ultra next year.

This is my first contest and third pair of raws.  I've been thinking about some Black Marias for almost a year now.  This provided a good opportunity to go for them. 

Pictures to come...

Hey whats up guys and thanks to christian for letting me jump  in last minute on this contest. This will be my first pair of raw black jeans and i couldnt be happier theyre from Left Field. Ive been into denim for about 6 years now and i entered the denim world championship  but after 3 months I wasnt feeling the jeans I entered with so I kind of dropped out. Im hoping I can reenter with my  black marias and kill both contest at once. I currently live in Philadelphia.

I bartend at a music venue and do odd jobs for a living. Ill be working on getting my welding certification over the next few months and hope to eventually get into the automotive fabrication business. Cars are my main hobby I spend everyday doing something car related. Besides that stuff I like weightlifting and eating food. Its funny that almost everyone is into coffee too because I love coffee. Maybe we could get some sort of LF BM SUFU Coffee exchange going on for this contest too!

Ill be making myself a new belt specifically for this contest and tracking the progress of how it ages over the next year of wear. Looking forward to meeting everyone. If anyone is in the Philly area lets meet up and talk coffee, jeans, cars, or whatever!

Cheers

I also love coffee haha. And I'd be super down for a local coffee exchange @itschrisb! That's a rad idea. There are two really great local roasters here in Tallahassee, of all places (believe it or not).

Hey jean peeps,

Reddit username absolut696.  Based on that username you probably think I'm a 16 year old, but actually I'm almost double that age and I work for the Government (living in Baltimore)....

I'm grateful for this promotion because I wanted a reason to buy some black jeans, and was even scoping out the LF BM's a few days before.  When I saw that contest I knew I needed to just pull the trigger.  So here I am, about to be a black jean guy, which works because my style is pretty dark in the wintertime.  Not my first pair of raws, but these may be the nicest I've owned.

Interests include:  Soccer, flag football, (Sports teams are Ravens and Orioles) my dog Luke (85lb Ibizan hound/Golden Retriever), weightlifting, dark industrial techno music, buffalo wings, paying off credit cards, and finely crafted leather accessories.  I also compulsively bought a playstation 4 recently and have been playing Destiny (and Diablo III) so if anyone plays that let me know, I try to find time during the week to do some gaming.

I am currently out of town but I promised I would get some fit pics on my return, so I'll post this week.

Cheers!

Hey jean peeps,

Reddit username absolut696.  Based on that username you probably think I'm a 16 year old, but actually I'm almost double that age and I work for the Government (living in Baltimore)....

I'm grateful for this promotion because I wanted a reason to buy some black jeans, and was even scoping out the LF BM's a few days before.  When I saw that contest I knew I needed to just pull the trigger.  So here I am, about to be a black jean guy, which works because my style is pretty dark in the wintertime.  Not my first pair of raws, but these may be the nicest I've owned.

Interests include:  Soccer, flag football, (Sports teams are Ravens and Orioles) my dog Luke (85lb Ibizan hound/Golden Retriever), weightlifting, dark industrial techno music, buffalo wings, paying off credit cards, and finely crafted leather accessories.  I also compulsively bought a playstation 4 recently and have been playing Destiny (and Diablo III) so if anyone plays that let me know, I try to find time during the week to do some gaming.

I am currently out of town but I promised I would get some fit pics on my return, so I'll post this week.

Cheers!

Bmore in the house!

Hey everyone! Cool to see people from all over the world competing.

Jeans

This is my first LF contest, but second raw denim fade off. Without further ado, here are my fit pics:

http://imgur.com/a/bKBaq

I went true to size for the jeans and it is my ideal fit, a slim silhouette with plenty of room up top. My favorite details are the rivets and of course, bandana pockets. But the fabric was a surprise to me, most character for a sanforized jean I've had, and I'm looking forward to more character being revealed from wear and water. Jeans will be un-cuffed for the next few weeks to get some roping started. Why do I need rope?? "Charlie Bronson's always got rope."

Started wearing the jeans a couple weeks ago, so they'll be submitted a couple weeks before the end date.

Myself

I asked my mom to take my first pictures of this contest in front of my family home in Cupertino, CA. Growing up in a suburban home was a treat: soccer and baseball leagues, peaceful town, nice schools.. but it also sucked sometimes: little diversity, eventless weekends, and competitive-as-hell schools. During my teens I fell in love with Hip Hop. I delved into all facets, but mostly breaking and emceeing. Favorite dancer: Casper, favorite rapper: Nas. Recently I'm listening to mostly Chance, TDE, Jenkins, and Jazz Cartier. Hip Hop was a big part of my identity, but something I know I'll be enjoying my entire life is martial arts. I trained in Taekwondo mostly, but have done Capoeira, Jeet Kune Do, and Battojutsu. In the past couple years of college I was a bit irresponsible, so currently I'm boxing to get back in shape.

This Summer I graduated from UCSC with a BA in Linguistics. I don't have my mind set on a career so in a couple weeks I'll be moving to Thailand to teach English. Why Thailand? It sounds like the perfect place for me. The land of smiles, the land of Muay Thai, and the land of dope fades. I'm excited for it all and while it isn't a passion for me now, I won't be surprised to find myself loving being an English teacher.

Oh yeah.. any NBA fans?? Celtics gonna surprise everyone this year!

GL HF to everyone :)
-Willie
Edited by brucenasty

I also love coffee haha. And I'd be super down for a local coffee exchange @itschrisb! That's a rad idea. There are two really great local roasters here in Tallahassee, of all places (believe it or not).

Maybe we could get some sort of LF BM SUFU Coffee exchange going on for this contest too!

Put me down for a coffee exchange too. I've always wanted to do one!

I've also decided to join BBA (Bboys Anonymous) at my school even though I don't know how to bboy, but I'm hoping I can learn! Kind of hoping it leads to some siqq fadez but at the moment I'm kind of just going slow and learning how my body moves during sessions.

Yo Steven! Breaking will get you sick fadezzz, but it'll destroy your crotch! I used to break years ago in high school. Gradually stopped in college. You got a favorite bboy?

Put me down for a coffee exchange too. I've always wanted to do one!

Any tea drinkers? I got bunch of tea and I'd love to send you guys some.

Edited by brucenasty

family home in Cupertino, CA.

Where at? My aunt lives there off of Norman Mineta near Freemont Country Club/JFK Middle School. That general area. I was born in the Bay Area and moms and pops met in Sunnyvale.

Any tea drinkers? I got bunch of tea and I'd love to send you guys some.

Yeah man. I drink tea as well.

What's goin on guys? #14 here. I've had the pleasure of wearing these jeans for three weeks now. I've had Left Field on my mind for a while now and I knew I'd get the Black Marias the moment I realized that I needed a pair of black denim. This would be my fourth pair of raw denim.

A bit about me-- Lived in Manhattan/Brooklyn for the past four years, recently graduated with a BFA in fine arts, spent a month of Summer in Seoul/Tokyo, and currently residing in LI where I grew up. Planning on moving back to Brooklyn very soon. My previous apt was off Myrtle/Wyckoff, very close to Left Field's store in Ridgewood :-). I'm also a big fan of collecting records as whiskeyriver is, and I love listening to all kinds of electronic music (downtempo, house, experimental noise, anything but edm) and binge-watching movies/tv shows. I've been really enjoying whatever the members of the now defunct Emeralds have been putting out recently ps. the record label Editons Mego has been killin it.

Here are my fit pics - http://imgur.com

I'm very excited to see how these jeans fade and looking forward to participating in my first fade contest and getting to know you guys!

Edited by 5010_

Hey guys, my name is Eric (reddit: @rok_ IG: @rok__) and I live in San Francisco. I've been wearing raw denim for the past 9 years frequently favoriting Iron Heart, Sugar Cane, Warehouse, and 3Sixteen. These are my 2nd pair of black jawnz, first being my 21oz IH-21. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I've lost a significant amount of weight and all my old pairs from 2006-2012 do not fit anymore, so I've been in need of a new pair of blacks since then.

I'm into a lot of random things aside from clothing, I enjoy working on cars, riding my motorcycle, riding my bikes, photography, technology, music, and cooking. I do track my STi and find a way to frustratingly wrench on any vehicle I can get my hands onto. I also go to concerts fairly often. I work in mobile marketing, so I have to get my wear activities outside of my desk. 

Fit pix: 

cgwgkqMl.jpg

SFG5ycQl.jpg

YX3Dyyll.jpg

I've had almost a month of wear into them. I look forward to seeing how they wear in more as they've progressed nicely in the past month.