Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Nice Chris, where in Philly do you live, that's where I'm from? For a slim leg like that the Chelsea

@superj I've got the wool flannel on supersale right now. It's too hard to sell wool, nobody buys it until it's cold and by then nobody wants it unless it on sale and post Christmas is fire sales on wool unfortunately. 

Nice Chris, where in Philly do you live, that's where I'm from? For a slim leg like that the Chelsea

@superj I've got the wool flannel on supersale right now. It's too hard to sell wool, nobody buys it until it's cold and by then nobody wants it unless it on sale and post Christmas is fire sales on wool unfortunately.

I'm living in fishtown right now, I'm originally from the northeastern part of Pennsylvania. Coal mine land which is why I've always been way into Left Field!

@shorty should be in this week and we will measure and post right away, been some delays with laundering them

@itschris cool, I used to hit warehouse parties up there back in the 90's, it was post apocolyptic back then and mad shady. 

@milehigh nice grain developing! 

We are going to close the contest this friday at 5 pm. We will confirm the start of the contest after everyone receives their jeans. for those of you who have received them already please wait until the official start of the contest. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. best, Christian

The greasers become to wide at the bottom by the time I hem or cuff them. I think the Chelseas would work I was nervous the chinos I just got were going to be tight in the thigh and they're plenty big.

Make me one off Charles Atlas black marias!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Your promotion/contest got me to cave on both purchasing a pair of left fields AND rocking black denim.  I ordered last week, but had to exchange them, sized down two and expect to receive them early next week (was told they were shipping out today).  Probably going to need to send them somewhere for a decent hem though, not sure I trust any tailors in my city.

@coolhand we will hem them on a antique Union Specail 43200G thanks for joining. 

@ theone yeah just going to have to post a month before it ends to keep it cool in the gang. pm me your details. 

Thanks, hopefully these fit, if so I'll reach out about having you guys hem them.  If I read the website correctly it's $10 + shipping?

I received my Black Maria's, only issue I'm having is that the leg opening is 8" while the sizing guide put them at 7.375 (34) on the website.  Not really sure what to do, I can cuff to reduce length, but they are still wider than I would have liked, and if I hem, they will only get wider.  I talked to someone at the store and they checked their stock and it looks like all the 34's from this batch are closer to that 8, instead of the 7.375.  Any suggestions?  The person I spoke to at the store was going to check to see if they had any that had the leg opening closer to the listed measurements.

So all contestants in, 25 total for the The Black Maria Fade contest. I sent out an email confirming participation and user name. If for some reason you have not received this email today, please contact us at [email protected] Everyone will be posting on the LF thread here as well as the Fades blog on ww.leftfieldnyc.com  Thanks for everyone participating and all that support LF. best, Christian

What I minute ... I've been off this board for awhile and there is now a Black Maria contest? Hot dog, I want in! Is it too late, Christian? My current Black Maria's are my favorite jean ever. Do the new ones measure the same as the old ones (size 40)?

Edited by pchoden

Got my black marias last week (my first greasers) and I love the fit. I was thinking of picking up a pair of Black and Blue Greasers also but the website sizing is very different (size 32) from my Black Marias. Do you think this is a mistake or should I expect it to be different?

I have both and the black and blue greasers definitely run smaller than Marias. 

Got my black marias last week (my first greasers) and I love the fit. I was thinking of picking up a pair of Black and Blue Greasers also but the website sizing is very different (size 32) from my Black Marias. Do you think this is a mistake or should I expect it to be different?