Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Quick fit photo of my Raw tweeds. More photos to come. Awesome Denim.

LFTWEED.jpg

great fit on th ejeans and nice shirt too.

My Tweeds....

I like how they are coming along. The color is best represented by the lap picture. The tweed yarns are really popping out.

These have enjoyed a room temp soak and a room temp hand wash with bronners at 4 months. They are currently riding on 5 months.

img0093resize.jpg

img0094resizeq.jpg

img0095resized.jpg

img0120resizef.jpg

img0124resizem.jpg

img0125resize.jpg

img0126resize.jpg

some of the coolest jeans ever.

maybe they will make more?

edit: just noticed they released another run of these while i slept. fuck.

For those that got the raw tweeds, how do they measure after wearing/soaking compared to new? I got the last pair of 34 raws and I think they were mismarked as they matched exactly BIGs measurements for the 32 raw. Of course I got them just as the 36s went out of stock. They fit OK as they are (dang those legs are skinny) but if they get any smaller I'm screwed. I don't expect them to fit like my LVC 201s, but these are borderline if they don't stay where they are or loosen up, I just don't know whether it's worth working with them or if I need to send them back.

I don't think mine shrank much. The waist shrunk like an inch, but stretched back out soon after as with the legs. Post fit pics and I will have a better judgment.

Eltopo, are those blue canvas trousers indigo dyed? Those shirts are nuts. The yellow plaid has got my name on it and if the canvas is indigo dyed they might have my name on them as well.

Eltopo, are those blue canvas trousers indigo dyed? Those shirts are nuts. The yellow plaid has got my name on it and if the canvas is indigo dyed they might have my name on them as well.

Hey Switch not sure if they are indigo dyed I can find out here is another photo of them and some really cool black boots they are putting out this fall too.

lfff.png

Quick fit photo of my Raw tweeds. More photos to come. Awesome Denim.

LFTWEED.jpg

This is an excellent fit. Which cut is it?

Also, for those with the canvas chinos - I generally take a 32 in dress pants and a 31 in denim. Would a size 30 be recommended? BiG says they're fully shrunk, but I see comments in this thread indicating they'll get to tag size after a hot wash. If so, do they stretch?

Got my hands on a copy of the new Left field Lookbook for Fall. Some images from the book.

lfcc.png

Really feeling this shirt. Eltopo, strange question - but does this shirt happen to have box pleat, side pleats or no pleats? If you don't remember, that's cool, just thought I'd ask.

This is an excellent fit. Which cut is it?

Also, for those with the canvas chinos - I generally take a 32 in dress pants and a 31 in denim. Would a size 30 be recommended? BiG says they're fully shrunk, but I see comments in this thread indicating they'll get to tag size after a hot wash. If so, do they stretch?

After a hot wash and a hot dry mine did not shrink at all, maybe slightly, but they did stretch back out. I believe Christian (Left Field) measures the waist with the front slightly sagging, whereas blue in green measures the waist by stretching it straight across.

After a hot wash and a hot dry mine did not shrink at all, maybe slightly, but they did stretch back out. I believe Christian (Left Field) measures the waist with the front slightly sagging, whereas blue in green measures the waist by stretching it straight across.

Thanks for the info. A size 31 would probably be perfect. I'll try the 30 and hope it stretches if necessary.

I don't think mine shrank much. The waist shrunk like an inch, but stretched back out soon after as with the legs. Post fit pics and I will have a better judgment.

Thanks. I've got to get my camera bugs worked out for pictures. But after trying them on a couple of times more, I think they'll be OK

I've been wearing these every other day or so. I still wish the legs were a little fuller but the skinny legs are kind of growing on me. They are also very comfortable. Probably because of the more vintage top block. They've got me feeling a little more groovy than usual.

Xpost from WAYWT thread.

Freewheeler Stifel polka dot print conductor shirt.

Left Field Canvas chinos. Love these fuckers.

Alden 405s.

waywtd2010222.jpg

X-post from evolution.

Posting some post wash pics of my Left Field tweeds.

About 9 months old, I believe. A couple washes.

025resize.jpg

033resize.jpg

And a little buttonhole I made for the T-bar pocket watch chain I have. Works pretty nicely.

041vv.jpg

I did get my pants yesterday and threw them in the wash and I believe there was little change to the measurements of them. I love these pants. The chambray in the pockets is ridiculously stiff. Left field should make some shirts out of it.

So I just checked BIG looks like they restocked some of the pants. Definitely will be getting a pair, but would you say that a true 32 should get the 30's then if there's no more shrinkage? The blacks also look sexy...

I would go with the 30s if I was you. I could have probably gone with the 30s as well. I think they might fit a little snug on you at first, but the waist will stretch out and the fit in the legs is already relaxed, so you won't have to worry about much there.

Those tweeds are looking mighty fine. I'm glad that I kept mine. I have had to reassess where I keep my wallet (in the coat pocket now), and whether to whittle down my key ring. There isn't much wear yet, but the weft seems more prominant. I think that natural indigo was so heavy it was caked on, and has just flaked off the excess. That's a great idea with the buttonhole for the watch fob. I'm surprised that was never incorporated in the old days. They've got 'em on the bibs of overalls. Those canvas ducks have really got me, but I don't think I can justify them just yet.

I think The Craft in LA may stock some of their stuff. I am not positive if they stock the non-denim stuff though.

Actually, it isn't that low. I think my hands being in my pockets may have made it look lower that it actually is. (Stress on the fabric pulling up my crotch area making the rise look shorter.) I also have a long torso so that may be the cause.

I am a fucking plethora of optical illusions.

So after reading all these reviews i think i want to jump on some Left Field's. Should i go with the White Oak Cone American Raw Selvedge Denim in Indigo available at Blue Owl.

Or what about the High Slub Indigo RInse at Context?

Or is there a new batch coming soon that i should wait on?

I don't really know much about them but it seems that you all are pretty pleased with your purchases.

• 4 weeks later...

my chinos will be on the way tomorrow! hope im not too fucking skinny