Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@Formula nice picts, where'd you find the Indigo crew? Getting close to the final stretch on the sweatpant contest so everyone involved bust them out, perfect timing it's fucking freezing in NYC. 

Picked up one of the last 4 at BiG, the only place i could find them online. I had been getting more and more into sweatshirts lately and i kept coming back to this one. And after seeing a nicely faded one, nothing else was cool enough. 

The difference between the broken in pants and the new crew are so interesting. I totally forgot how stiff and crunchy the fabric actually is. I showed my friends and they can't believe its the same fabric.

Got my 23 oz. greasers just in time for the freezing weather in the Northeast. I wore them shoveling my driveway in the cold wind and my legs weren't cold at all. The Collect Mills denim is beautiful and beastly at the same time. These may take some time to break in for sure. My fingers are still sore from getting the buttons fastened for the first time. But it is clear to me that these jeans will be awesome after the break in period.

The fit is very similar to my other greasers, so good call on the sizing from you all. Clearly though there will be less give in these (or it may just take longer to see it), but this is OK. I love the thick Left Field patch on these - very distinctive. Bottom line, given that these won't be made anymore according to Christian, if you're a fan of super thick denim and if they have your size still, you should definitely consider getting a pair.

The jacket looks great! I'm about your size (maybe a few lbs. more in the midsection) - how much room do you have after buttoning the jacket? Thanks!

went for the xl, I am 6'2" and about 200lbs. Sleeves are a bit long but it fits very nice everywhere else.

The jacket looks great! I'm about your size (maybe a few lbs. more in the midsection) - how much room do you have after buttoning the jacket? Thanks!

a decent amount, enough to button up with a sweatshirt underneath. An inch or 2 I would guess, it is not skin tight or anything, a very comfortable fit. 

Bottom line, given that these won't be made anymore according to Christian, if you're a fan of super thick denim and if they have your size still, you should definitely consider getting a pair.

Absolutely. I'd also recommend them to anyone that likes that kind of shades of blue type fading that Momotaros are famous for. This is a truly wonderful fabric.

@allt not sure if this is common info but Momotaro and Collect are sister co's so a lot of times can be the same or very similar fabric. 

@copper in sewing, blue leather colab(two guys fishing in a canoe on one of the many lakes of Minnesota)  label with black in ink, Collect indigo warp/black weft. Glad to have finally have got all the details worked out at and in sewing.

Got my 23 oz. greasers just in time for the freezing weather in the Northeast. I wore them shoveling my driveway in the cold wind and my legs weren't cold at all. The Collect Mills denim is beautiful and beastly at the same time. These may take some time to break in for sure. My fingers are still sore from getting the buttons fastened for the first time. But it is clear to me that these jeans will be awesome after the break in period.

I'm the OP of this thread, which might become helpful:  LINK 

@allt not sure if this is common info but Momotaro and Collect are sister co's so a lot of times can be the same or very similar fabric. 

@copper in sewing, blue leather colab(two guys fishing in a canoe on one of the many lakes of Minnesota)  label with black in ink, Collect indigo warp/black weft. Glad to have finally have got all the details worked out at and in sewing.

Yeah, I'm aware! One of the things that made those 23oz so irresistible to me.

First off, sorry to spam the thread will all these photos. I hope it's not too annoying. 

I got around to taking some photos of the evolution on my sweatpants. There's finally some noticeable fading of all types on them, mostly just the butt though...oh well. These are at 3 washes I believe.

I took a first set in overcast daylight and then the next set on the floor of the garage under fluorescent lights. 

16259081965_bc08391227_z.jpgFront by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

16233158256_14f13a5a0e_z.jpgTop Block by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

15636645034_8a5ed590df_z.jpgKnees by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

16071670270_f00229a1f0_z.jpgBack by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

15639122793_9d47a0090a_z.jpgLeft Side by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

16233095536_4dec2c7c67_z.jpgRight side by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

and here are the indoor shots

I've realized the whiskers are most noticeable where the pocket bags are, most likely because the extra layer of fabric has added to the creasing ability and friction in that area. 

16258165412_a41792af74_z.jpgTop Block by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

The knee bags get pretty intense on these. They're probably the only section that is close to how faded the butt is. 

16257150341_881130b3b7_z.jpgKnees by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

It's too bad the whiskers aren't more intense, but that's the best I could do so far.

16258133622_9b3f0958bc_z.jpgHoneycombs by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

Some very slight stacking and then the awesome "roping" from the elastic hems. 
16073088437_222b7a1806_z.jpgLower Legs by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

A closer shot of the minimal combs
16073073237_72bae34e26_z.jpgHoneycombs by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

More of the awesome fading on the cuff
16073039267_ce558e278c_z.jpgRoping and Stacks by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

The most faded area by far and damn is it soft. It's basically a spotlight on my butt from how faded it is. It has taken on an almost emerald tone that I have yet to capture in photos. Additionally, this is the only area I have damaged the fabric so far. There's just the one tiny tear on the seam.
16258870725_d6ef1ba58a_z.jpgSeat by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

One of my favorite faded areas is the pockets. I rarely use them though, so they're not as cool as other people's on here. You can also see some of the fading from the waistband bunching around my hip. 
16071323148_362d6344d7_z.jpgPocket by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

Here's another shot of the waistband bunching.
16072701839_808d9ee6b4_z.jpgWaist Bunching by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

Finally, here is a comparison of the most faded part of my pants and the week old crew neck i recently started wearing. The new crew is much more purple and navy in color. Once it fades, there's a whole slew of blues and slight greens that come through. I love the subtle way this fabric ages. 
16071290968_708064f75d_z.jpgOld vs New by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

@space yes, in deleveopment had spun, hand loomed, hank dyed, natural indigo loomstate coming this spring. 

@automated I don't believe so because of the felled  centerseam for the waist, regarding the taper, if it's selvedge would be a problem and the inside seam is felled as well so not sure if your tailor can do felled seams. Might want to check out the Kerouac if you're looking for a tighter leg opening. 

@formula nice picts, thanks for sharing fade picts!

@Formula wow. I can't believe you have noticeable whiskers and honeycombs on sweatpants. Crazy. I guess I have to really wear my sweats hard until the end of the contest. BRING IT :angry:

The new collab really interests me. Can't wait to see the finished product!

@Formula wow. I can't believe you have noticeable whiskers and honeycombs on sweatpants. Crazy. I guess I have to really wear my sweats hard until the end of the contest. BRING IT :angry:

@EmperorSelassieEye thanks dude! From now on I'm trying to wear them every day until the end so we'll see if i can get a little more contrast out of them. I bet if you wore them more running you'd kick my ass for sure...I'm not nearly active enough in mine.

I can't express how pumped I am to learn about the unsanforized loomstate denim....I can't wait to learn more--the weight, if it will be used for both Chelsea and greaser, and if it will be a (very) limited run (meaning one should scoop sooner rather than later)

there are so few brands who would appeal to the purist to such an extent, and for that I am very thankful!!!

Reminds me of when they put out a cotton thread (!) natural indigo (!!!) jean

thanks man, sample is about 12.5 but production weight will be 15 oz, beautiful indigo hues with a bit of purple and lots of variation in color.  I have to figure out how it's going to shrink and how to account for it, there may be a lot of variation due to the primitive nature of the production. Not sure if it's going to be limited yet? 

oh also just took the sweats out of the dryer, will get some pics up tomorrow if the sun is out. decided i will be washing every other week until the end of the contest.

also just decided to throw the 23s in the washer after my sweats were dry. they are currently drying on my radiator and hope to finally post some fit pics/evo pics of them tomorrow just realized I never ended up posting any! even though they are no where near where chris' pair are at I'm excited to see how much more they will start shedding the indigo post wash, these are pretty damn stubborn

Edited by guthriegking

oh also just took the sweats out of the dryer, will get some pics up tomorrow if the sun is out. decided i will be washing every other week until the end of the contest.

also just decided to throw the 23s in the washer after my sweats were dry. they are currently drying on my radiator and hope to finally post some fit pics/evo pics of them tomorrow just realized I never ended up posting any! even though they are no where near where chris' pair are at I'm excited to see how much more they will start shedding the indigo post wash, these are pretty damn stubborn

Can't wait to see how other people are doing with the 23s!