Left Field Jeans

scotty2

hey, Andrew is off to grassy fields in California so following up on some questions comments... Pro keds were made in Japan unfortunately made in USA wasn't an option but optimistic that it will be soon from someone who can vulcanize a sole here, kind of rediculous Converse hasn't stepped up to the plate. I think I've seen every possible option made  recently except made in USA. 

@spoon the indigo duck is 12 oz vs 10 on the twill but the duck is also more rough which creates such intense contrast in fades. I think the twill looks dressier than the duck as well so depends on what usage you're looking for. 

Jackets are a bit delayed the Black sulphur denim had a huge delay but airing it out today. 

@shorty digging in the crates, the label is mad old, printed in the bronx with a metal stamper.  It  was originally used for more white trashesque pieces, but also some Americana. 

@satchel nice fades/picts man! 

@sellassie cool painting, you do that? I used to draw Bob and Peter all the time back in the day. 

a collector's item for sure...i have the blue and gray versions.

every time i see those LFxProKeds i kick myself for not getting a pair. on US-made sneakers...i've heard rumblings that PF Flyers will crank out some US-produced kicks in the future. that makes sense, given that they're owned by NB

@shorty digging in the crates, the label is mad old, printed in the bronx with a metal stamper.  It  was originally used for more white trashesque pieces, but also some Americana. 

@shorty yeah I've been looking for that PF flyer made in USA but nothing yet, I will contact them about it. 

I have grey heather heavy terry but it has a crazy shrink so i haven't used it since I lost over a hundred crews in damages last year. Total nightmare. But could possible work in the zip, the crew neck crossgrain stretched out terribly in the neck due to the high shrink, but the zipper will prevent that from happening. 

A couple quick questions for you all:

Does anybody experienced with the "rowing crew tees" care to share insight on how much these things tend to shrink (or not)? 

Also, folks with the 17oz Cone, have you noticed a fair number of neps, snags, and pulls here and there? I finally got around to getting my 17oz Greasers in the rotation and discovered a handful of little oddities and curiosities in the fabric (nothing egregious, of course). I actually really like these things since they break up the uniformity of the fabric, but I can't tell if they're an intended characteristic or just a "bonus." Cheers.

A couple quick questions for you all:

Does anybody experienced with the "rowing crew tees" care to share insight on how much these things tend to shrink (or not)? 

Also, folks with the 17oz Cone, have you noticed a fair number of neps, snags, and pulls here and there? I finally got around to getting my 17oz Greasers in the rotation and discovered a handful of little oddities and curiosities in the fabric (nothing egregious, of course). I actually really like these things since they break up the uniformity of the fabric, but I can't tell if they're an intended characteristic or just a "bonus." Cheers.

I get what you're saying about the "oddities and curiosities," there's a giant slub near the knee of my 23oz. I love finding those things because it makes my pair even more "mine."

Hi guys,

I'm looking to sell my Black Maria Greasers, size 32. I bought them a while back, got them chainstiched hemmed by Pepper (actually featured in one of their videos) to a 34" length and then never wore them because they were too tight. I then bought a size 33 and forgot about these until now. 

Sorry for spamming the thread, but wanted to reach out to the die-hard fans.  :D

See here for images: http://www.styleforum.net/t/410172/left-field-nyc-black-maria-greasers-size-32-never-worn

Edited by pkwd

Hi, I'm wondering if the Left Field guys or anyone else can give me a little info on the Indigo Selvedge Miner chinos? Are they chinos made of denim similar to what is used in ordinary jeans (e.g. the 10 oz. greaser jeans - which I just bought)? Or are they something else entirely (twill, I guess)? I notice that it specifies that they are "unwashed" on the website. Does this mean there will be shrinkage? I already have a pair of Japanese khaki miner chinos and 2 pairs of greasers (Black Maria & 10 oz.), should I size the same with the indigo selvedge miner chinos? Thanks in advance for the help.

I believe they are indigo duck, definitely not denim.  Check out the Left Field Miner contest from last year (it'll involve a little searching) for some  great examples.   Minimal shrinkage.  The measurements appear to differ somewhat from the standard miner measurements.  I'm sure the Left Field men can expand further on this.

@pudas fixed it, thanks for noting

@pchoden they are a twill the indigo duck is a different fabric. It feels like a heavy indigo warp/weft chino not jeans like, more dressy vibe. I generally leave the indigo selvedge raw so would treat it like raw denim but if you're going to wash and hot dry maybe size up one. thanks, C 

It's too bad I don't consider myself the type to pull off a bucket hat. I would love to have something made of that cone duck.

Is there any word on when the work hats will be dropping? My wallet and I are anxiously awaiting that release...

I believe Andrew already checked into that for me.  They're long gone.  Some kind of indigoxindigo greaser to fill that void would be awesome.

Question, ever considered using the miner cut but with jean details?  For me, just cannot beat the fit of the miner, a pair of jeans with that fit would be killer.

After wearing my indigo duck Chelseas for a few weeks now, I'd say they are cut closer to a Greaser than a Chelsea. I am not sure if its true for all sizes across the board but my size 36 measurements look more like Greaser measurements than a Chelsea. I cold soaked them once when I first bought them so I wouldn't suspect much shrink to significantly change the fit. 

w:38"

fr:12"

br:16"

th:13.5"

k:9.25"

lo:8.25"

@altoclefchris  been out for over a year in the greasers, might be a couple left? 

I believe Andrew already checked into that for me.  They're long gone.  Some kind of indigoxindigo greaser to fill that void would be awesome.

Question, ever considered using the miner cut but with jean details?  For me, just cannot beat the fit of the miner, a pair of jeans with that fit would be killer.

Yeah, a double indigo greaser would be fantastic.

Has anyone sized up one on a pair of Greasers for a relaxed fit? I'm interested to hear/see how that looks/feels.

@TresUnCool, I have done exactly this.  I am a true 33" waist and have the Nisshinbo greasers in a 36 and the 13 oz Cone greasers in a 34.  I wear the 36s in the winter with my heavier coats for a more relaxed look and the just got the 34s in the mail.  they fit slimmer but not too skinny as I dont like my balls/thighs to be strangled.  Plus, too skinny of a jean looks really awkward on my because I do lift a good amount and it would look top heavy.  I am dropping the new Greasers off to be hemmed tomorrow but will try to get some photos before I do of both fits.  IMO, the greaser is the best fit out there right now for my tastes.  I love that I can find a jean with a good amount of room in the seat/thigh and still has a slim leg opening.  

^^ i have size 30, 31, 32 and 34 greasers. they all fit awesome in their own ways. the 30s still hurt tho. the 15oz nisshinbo was not much of a stretcher. my 34s were a rescue pair of white oak 13oz that a guy in my building had washed and dried 5 times consecutively then gave up on them for being too small. they are serious normcore dad steez.