Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Actually I don't believe it is the tweed denim. The pics don't look like the tweed stuff.

The Denim Bar website states that the jeans are "limited edition" and "cone denim" so it does seem to point to the Tweed Denim on BIG.

Would be best if someone who bought it could verify. Anyone?

I am having trouble finding where it says limited edition on the denim bar website and there are many different types of cone denim. It also says 100% ring spun cotton, which if there are tweed fibers in there then it couldn't possibly be 100% cotton... right. Wool.

I am having trouble finding where it says limited edition on the denim bar website and there are many different types of cone denim. It also says 100% ring spun cotton, which if there are tweed fibers in there then it couldn't possibly be 100% cotton... right. Wool.

To be fair, BIG's description also says 100% cotton

And it says Limited Edition under the name when you browse your way to it, not click the link directly. (not a web person, no idea what stuff is called). For example if you click Sale and scroll down... you'll find the Left Field jeans there and underneath the name it says 'Limited Edition'

Ahhh, very possible. Still the stuff does not look like the tweed stuff, but I am not trying to discourage anybody from buying these. It could just be the pictures they took. They don't show too many details. At $100 the deal is almost too good to be true. Even if they aren't the tweed denim, the styling is still the same. Same rivets, buttons, pocket placement. I assume they got the bandana pockets too.

I believe left field themselves still has like 4 pairs of the tweed denim in raw. Don't quote me on this though. Shoot Christian an email through the left field email address and ask him. I don't know what their prices are though.

I asked them via email what kind of denim they were, but the person responded with 'The only tag on them says 100% ring spun cotton' so I showed 'em some pictures...

I've never interacted with denimbar employees, have I been spoiled by Gordon and Kiya's knowledgeable responses?

I asked them via email what kind of denim they were, but the person responded with 'The only tag on them says 100% ring spun cotton' so I showed 'em some pictures...

I've never interacted with denimbar employees, have I been spoiled by Gordon and Kiya's knowledgeable responses?

You have. They are top notch and the best denim store dudes you will find.

So finally, they responded and said that they got a new shipment of the tweed denims, but the ones that they already had "looked like the pictures, but without the yellow"

I don't understand how this person could not just look at their tweed denim shipment and compare them (and how they could really not know what kind of jeans they're selling)

so I'm guessing the tweeds aren't $100 but some other kind of slubby cone mills denim...

If those tweed denim jeans are unwashed. Get them now. That stuff will never be made again. the company that supplied the tweed yarns to cone went out of business.

Guest Selvage Seb.

I have a new,unwashed Left Field tweed denim straight (size 30) laying around here. The cut is too slim for my like..

If anyone is interested in a trade, PM me

Okay, so the denimbar employee got back to me and said this:

"The jeans you purchased are tweed infused. They have a slubby look to them, but not 100% tweed."

(these are the $99 ones)

Confusing as fuck and really still not 100% sure what they're trying to say, but whatever... I'll report back when I have 'em.

Also, their other shipment of "tweed" denim will be $198. No clue if they're the raw or one washed or what but I kinda don't want to do this email back and forth again.

If they are "tweed infused" then they are most likely the tweed denim.

I assume no difference. I don't know what tweed infused means, but that sounds like a way one could describe the "tweed" denim. the tweed denim is made of normal 100%cotton warp yarns and some weft yarns that have tweed (wool) woven into the 100% cotton yarns.

My Tweeds....

I like how they are coming along. The color is best represented by the lap picture. The tweed yarns are really popping out.

These have enjoyed a room temp soak and a room temp hand wash with bronners at 4 months. They are currently riding on 5 months.

img0093resize.jpg

img0094resizeq.jpg

img0095resized.jpg

img0120resizef.jpg

img0124resizem.jpg

img0125resize.jpg

img0126resize.jpg

anyone know where to get the duck pants?

There not out yet. Maybe mid november, then I believe BIG will have them.

Just got my Left Fields from DB... sadly, they are not the tweed denims. However, they are the super slubby LHT jeans. That and the fact that they're Left Field jeans makes it hard for me to be disappointed... but I may have to pick up a tweed pair later. :(

th_PA271559.jpg

th_PA271560.jpg

so.. since they're not the cut I thought they would be, they're a little wide around the waist and tight in the thigh but nothing to complain about!

i spoke with gordon the other night. the black chinos is a cone denim and its going to have white selvege. he showed me the sample of it. its pretty thin, i was looking for something more thicker. its gonna be in around decemeber time for the holidays. the canvas earth tone color is gonna be in all year round but the black cone denim is only limited time. the earth tone is going to be around $130 and the black selvege is around $140.

also the canvas jawns eltopo has was a sample left field given him (lucky him and &+repp for that) in return was the pictures eltopo provided us. (correct me if im wrong eltopo)