Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one with similar thinking.

Yeah my Nisshinbo's shrunk quite a bit in length after my first wash. That's an interesting point about the chemicals as well.

By the way guys, all the cool people are taking #rawfie 's on Instagram.

What's a #rawfie?

It's pretty much a selfie but with your jeans included. Some lady was using the hashtag but I figured it was time to bring it back to raw denim folk

It's pretty much a selfie but with your jeans included. Some lady was using the hashtag but I figured it was time to bring it back to raw denim folk

Haha ok. I'll put one up with my 23ozs when they get here (hopefully today! :D )

@jyoni I guess I'm from the generation that everything you touched and ate had chemicals on them so I haven't investigated too deeply what chemicals are on denim other than starch. But with the amount of lawsuits going on today I can't imagine a fabric manufacturer would take that risk. I prefer to buy jeans tight fitted, no prewash I like the stiffness the starch gives the jeans, more of a workwear feel. The stiffness in the creases also creates better fading. I wear them until they feel damp, generally a few months. Then when I cold rinse they compensate for the stretch that occurs from wear. If you wear them real tight from the beginning raw they stretch to fit your exact body shape and become like a perfect mold. I know everyones has different methods to this madness but that's just my 2 cents. 

Glad everyone is getting their jeans in.  Looking forward to seeing Satch and Chris in the 23's.  Honestly wish I wasn't so committed to the sweats or I'd get the Kaihara...

Here are some pictures of some new hats we're working on.  WW2 style bucket hat and work hat.  Both in the last bits of our Cone duck fabric.  Available in mid to late May.

bmTPyh2.jpg

kImDa0W.jpg

Just washed the sweats and wow they shrunk up to fit even better than new! They were starting to get real stretched out due to sleeping in them and wearing to the gym. Ill get some fits up later today or tomorrow.

I was excited too after I soaked mine.  They stretch back out pretty quick though.

Alright, here it is! I had planned to take them off after trying them on to take some macros, etc., but putting them on and taking them off is an event in itself. 

Front: 

13767544145_a2b744694d_c.jpg

Back:

13767913034_6aa87f68f2_c.jpg

Patch:

13767916154_07842a39e1_c.jpg

Fabric:

13767553553_e7ea64a48f_c.jpg

Bonus picture featuring "high rise hair":

13767550013_a6a0f623b0_z.jpg

I'm getting a haircut this weekend.

I went out and about in the city with my friend while wearing them, and we went into Need Supply to see if anyone would notice. One of the guys there came over to us and asked about my jeans, and after reeling from shock, asked me to try on a pair of 8oz N&F (which I respectfully declined!) Not being able to wear these is going to be hard, but I'd like to see these get past the 2 year mark. Here's to heavy-ass denim!

Edited by altoclefchris

Chris - that is some sick hair.  I see no reason for a haircut.

Nice jeans.

Everyone loves it, but it's just too hot in the summer. Then again, I'm wearing 23oz jeans...

Thanks, though I feel I should be telling you guys that!

Everyone loves it, but it's just too hot in the summer. Then again, I'm wearing 23oz jeans...

Thanks, though I feel I should be telling you guys that!

Although I have none of the texture my hair is almost down to my mid-back.  A knot/bun makes a big difference.  What's the longest you've ever gone with it?  Sorry to clog the thread, but have to ask the important questions.

That bucket hat is too nice. You guys are killing it! Now I want a dreadlock tam with the cone duck fabric.

@altoclefchris- That's a great fit on the 23 oz! Your hair is everything.

Although I have none of the texture my hair is almost down to my mid-back.  A knot/bun makes a big difference.  What's the longest you've ever gone with it?  Sorry to clog the thread, but have to ask the important questions.

this is the longest it's ever been. I think if it were a little longer I could probably do some kind of vertical ponytail or something, though I feel silly just typing "vertical ponytail". My girlfriend would appreciate it being cut because her senior prom is coming up (before anyone asks, no, I don't have an LVC Bing Crosby repro to wear), so I have to look presentable for that. I'll grow it out again after that, though. She was probably just as excited as I was to see these 23ozs, though. (on topic)

Any chance of getting some more pics of that duck work hat? Looking for a new hat, and want to make up my mind asap.

Hey Brad - here's another shot.

8j1vXlz.jpg

Cone Duck with corduroy flip down.  Both hats will probably change a bit on production as these are just samples.  I'm going to be rocking the indigo bucket.  Believe we'll be swapping the corduroy for dark brown and using leather for the trim.

Hey everyone, I got a chance to take some pictures of the Candiani greaser's this morning. So I wanted a more relaxed pair this time around and I've always been interested in this particular fabric. The jeans were very soft to begin with, virtually no break in period at all. I will probably get them hemmed at some point to clean up the leg a bit. I just missed Andrew when I stopped by the shop or else I would have just gotten it done then. I'm loving the nep and hair on them so much, I can't wait to see how they turn out. These will make an excellent summer pair. I need to get my photography skills on @pepper davies and @formula pfaff levels though!

bTITBa5.jpg

hClAqXt.jpg

C0RR4Tx.jpg

29NAloQ.jpg

It's kind of hard to get a good picture of the nep/hair

HastqGf.jpg

si8Rm7O.jpg

Hey guys.  I made a little gif to illustrate the difference between the two fits.  I know that (especially on the Superfuture community) that people are very discerning when it comes to fit, but the Greaser and Chelsea were designed as fits that almost everyone could wear.

Shown in the gif is our new gold line 17 oz. Cone in size 31.

gq9ghAC.gif