Left Field Jeans

scotty2

This seems so groundbreaking and oddball to me that I really wanted to be in so bad, just off GP. Now I'm so envious, just because I really don't believe that I'd be able to pull off the sweatpants swagger, aside from being in bed. I guess I'm just a blue jeans guy at heart. Although, these look beautiful, not like the Champion and Ralph Lauren sweats I used to wear back in the 90's. If there really are 23 oz'ers coming out, that'd be like a dream come true for me, and I'll contest whoever else buys some (non-official).

23oz greasers??

This seems so groundbreaking and oddball to me that I really wanted to be in so bad, just off GP. Now I'm so envious, just because I really don't believe that I'd be able to pull off the sweatpants swagger, aside from being in bed. I guess I'm just a blue jeans guy at heart. Although, these look beautiful, not like the Champion and Ralph Lauren sweats I used to wear back in the 90's. If there really are 23 oz'ers coming out, that'd be like a dream come true for me, and I'll contest whoever else buys some (non-official).

Indeed, was mentioned on instagram, christian said 40 pairs. I'd be down for a mini-contest, provided I have the funds when the time comes.

Don't get me wrong, I love jeans and i'm first in line for some serious HW LFs, but if i'm gonna be chillin' in my apartment, going through the indigo duck contests last few pages, again, fadin' some sweatpants made in our dear country, by ours friends andrew and christian, i only see it as the ying to a 23oz yang. a properly faded indigo garment is 50% care and 50% disregard.

50/50, I like that. For whatever reason, I never really get comfortable at the crib. I'm jeans and leave my shoes on and jacket and button ups, all day all night. I never really ever had any house clothes, I'm a weirdo, hah. I have a month to decide on this anyway! But it'd be cool to see this contest pull in some non-LF heads and introduce them to the gear.

Don't get me wrong, I love jeans and i'm first in line for some serious HW LFs, but if i'm gonna be chillin' in my apartment, going through the indigo duck contests last few pages, again, fadin' some sweatpants made in our dear country, by ours friends andrew and christian, i only see it as the ying to a 23oz yang. a properly faded indigo garment is 50% care and 50% disregard.

I'm not trying to take away from this contest, I've just been trying to get something heavy for months now, and if LF is providing it then there can be no other heavyweight jeans for me. And somewhat like Karl, I'm all denim all the time.

Like I said earlier, the contest sounds great, and hopefully it'll be a worthy successor to the duck contest. I can't wait to see what these sweatpants can do.

Certainly not yawning at the 23oz. But I gotta say, 17oz. Cone sounds pretty great. I'd be eager to get something hefty and something 100% USA that stands apart from the light to mid-weight Cone that everybody's already got in their arsenals.

When I was a kid, I used to wear sweats underneath jeans instead of snowpants. Just a friendly tip for those entering the contest who don't want to feel like they'll be cheating on their denim. Hard to say how much Winter will be left for the Northern Hemisphere folks to take advantage of though. I'm eager to watch how this contest turns out.  

Here is the patch... any ideas what they are, when they were from? I love the watch pocket up on the waistband.

12248317484_c8a130d1ba_c.jpg

I was waiting for Christian to chime in, but I cleaned out his back room last year and have kind of seen a mishmash of everything he's ever made.  I believe they are an early version of the Greaser fit (green stitching and high watch pocket).  I've got a couple pairs that are similar - 'vintage' Left Field.

50/50, I like that. For whatever reason, I never really get comfortable at the crib. I'm jeans and leave my shoes on and jacket and button ups, all day all night. I never really ever had any house clothes, I'm a weirdo, hah. I have a month to decide on this anyway! But it'd be cool to see this contest pull in some non-LF heads and introduce them to the gear.

Totally with you on this one, especially in this chilly MN weather.  If my boots and shoes didn't drop dirt everywhere I'd probably wear those all day too haha. 

BTW, Satchel, thanks for all the help yesterday with the jeans and boots.  Nothing like capping off a marathon-ish jeans-trying-on session with some Chilean wine in a plastic cup.  The Greasers fit beautifully. 

I snapped some cell phone pics of the 15 oz. Kuroki Greasers this afternoon because I was too lazy to take actual fit pics haha

XmYQHeq.jpg

Uhhhh UHHHH nah nah nah naaaaaahhh

CkMmCNf.jpg

Two-tone stitching.  Kinda cool

vtgcWXW.jpg

The denim on these is pretty different from the denim on the 3sixteens, even though they come from the same mill.  The Greasers are rougher to the touch and it seems like they have a lot more dye in them.  Not good, not bad, just different. 

As promised, ordered a pair of the new heavy Collect Greasers in size 37 today.  Supporting the new size addition.  

Spent mad loot on Left Field within the last year, but it's worth it. 

My wife might kill me but at least I'll die in a pair of greasers.   

As promised, ordered a pair of the new heavy Collect Greasers in size 37 today.  Supporting the new size addition.  

Spent mad loot on Left Field within the last year, but it's worth it. 

My wife might kill me but at least I'll die in a pair of greasers.   

Hey Chris.  Thanks for all of your support.  We always notice repeat customers, and without the Superfuture community and all of their support I can't really imagine where Left Field would be.

We just put up a preorder of the 23 oz. Collect Mills Greasers for those that are interested.  40 pairs available.

http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/preorder-collect-mills-heavyweight-23-oz-greaser-jean