Left Field Jeans

scotty2

all the denims getting cut for spring or summer. I may do the 10 oz later in April and cut everything else now. I have to secure the fabric at the time of sampling so I prefer to cut it now and find something new when it sells out. We are doing some heavy weight White Oak selvedge 3x1 bull twill Miners for fall, so lots of changes. I get bored easily! C

Andrew when will you guys be bringing back the seconds? Or has there just not been any lately?

It's definitely on the list to bring them back (and we've got a good amount of seconds on hand).  Our new website build didn't have a way to integrate them in elegantly from the get-go.  You guys will know first once they're available.

Also - we had taken the hem option off the website for a couple days, but it will be live again as soon as our web guy checks his email.  We brought 4 different sewers in to operate the Union Special, but none of them ever got the hang of it.  I've been practicing a couple nights a week since the machine has been set up and now that I've got it under control I'll be doing all of the hems for the immediate future.  I forgot to take macro shots of a couple hems before I left today, but here's a little instagram video to see it in action.

http://instagram.com/p/jmtWc4vP-H/#

Thanks to everyone for being patient with this process as well as Satchel for all of his help with the machine.

We'll be announcing details regarding the sweat pant contest early next week.  :ph34r:

^glad to hear the Union Spesh has been tamed! it takes a firm, patient and respectful hand!

all the denims getting cut for spring or summer. I may do the 10 oz later in April and cut everything else now. I have to secure the fabric at the time of sampling so I prefer to cut it now and find something new when it sells out. We are doing some heavy weight White Oak selvedge 3x1 bull twill Miners for fall, so lots of changes. I get bored easily! C

So stoked to see how this turns out.

Here's a couple pictures of my green heathers from my outing today, not much of an update though. The city behind me is Richmond, VA, and I'm standing on a frozen part of the James River, which flows through it.

12215905885_fc2d5e6f31_c.jpg

12215901185_6dd559e594_c.jpg

12215898255_699ff945d7_c.jpg

Edited by altoclefchris

Your high-rise hair compliments the skyline superbly! Triple denimz looking good too.

Thanks, I find both of those do wonders keeping me warm in the polar vortex...

Full on awesome altoclefchris.

I am rarely that impressed!

Third image is an absloutely great shot too.

Thanks! 

Having friends in art school tends to produce many, many well-composed photographs whenever we go out with a camera ;)

The hoodies will be available in Fall.  We'll be running them in our heavyweight 18 oz. rope dyed indigo fabric rather than the oatmeal.

Ah all right, I really like the design of the hood. Just saying though, indigo is cool, but I really really hope you guys also do one in oatmeal/grey ;).

@ altoclefchris interesting fades reminds of of an old pair of wranglers, finish looks very smooth. thanks for sharing, especially with the green white oaks. 

@hobocho I def can, that's from back in the day, it was an old 1940's style where the hood is over the binded crew neck but updated it with a zip. 

@ altoclefchris interesting fades reminds of of an old pair of wranglers, finish looks very smooth. thanks for sharing, especially with the green white oaks. 

@hobocho I def can, that's from back in the day, it was an old 1940's style where the hood is over the binded crew neck but updated it with a zip. 

Awesome, the oatmeal looks fantastic; shame that not many hoodies are made like that anymore (even for repro brands afaik)... Can't wait until they're for sale.

BACK IN BLUE: LEFT FIELD 1 YEAR SWEAT PANT CONTEST (3/1/2014 - 3/1/2015)

20140131_1952.jpg?31683

Along with BlackBlue we'd like to formally announce the 2014 Left Field NYC Sweat Pant contest.  The contest will run from March 1, 2014 to March 1, 2015 on the Left Field Superfuture thread.  We will be offering a 20% discount on the sweat pant up until March 1, 2014 for competitors.

Please contact [email protected] or [email protected] for discount code and more information.

20140131_1953.jpg?31684

The contest will feature prizes from Left Field and BlackBlue for the top 3 pairs.  Entries will be judged on fades and consistent participation.

Left Field Prizes - First: $500, Second: $300, Third: $200

BlackBlue Prizes - First: $500, Second: $300, Third: $200

IndigoSweatShirt.jpg?31685

Details

Indigo yarn dyed 18 oz. loop terry, 100% ringspun cotton, indigo ribbed cuffs and hem (5% lycra to ensure shape), indigo jersey pocket linings, and crafted with pride in the USA.

20140131_1955.jpg?31687

20140131_1954.jpg?31686

Again - please contact [email protected] or [email protected] for more information.  To receive the discount you must place your order before 3/1/2014.

As the contest will be operating out of the normal Left Field thread we will be using the Left Field blog and the tag "Back in Blue" for all posts relating to the contest.

Left Field Blog Post:  http://leftfieldnyc.com/blogs/news/11986217-back-in-blue-left-field-1-year-sweat-pant-contest-3-1-2014-3-1-2015

Edited by pepper davies