Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Yeah, stag isn't really a draw for the indie rocker crowd afaik. They're more for the dapper/workwear/continuous lean aesthetic.

Have you tried Service Menswear? There's also a denim store called Hem but I don't know much about it other than it was pretty popular when it opened.

Edited by grundletaint

Altoclef, I've got that same hole on my Chelsea's. I'm looking at it right now and it hasn't changed a bit since I first got it about 8 or 9 months ago. I wouldn't worry too much.

Oh really? Ok, that' good to hear. It's since been patched, but at least I know it won't give me any trouble.

II had thought so but they seem pretty price sensitive, so cautious about higher priced items. I sold Service before kind of lower price point as well?

Stag low price point? They carry RRL, $400 wolverine boots, Pendleton coats, baldwin, imogene denim, etc. so there's a lot of denim in the 200 and up range. I'd reckon they're cost sensitive as a result of big ticket items or possibly having too many options. IMO they could definitely display their denim (and a few other items) more effectively.

I actually haven't been to service in a while (I did buy some of your shorts there a couple years ago now that I think about it) but they used to carry KMW and some other things. I'm really not sure where they're at these days and it's possible having Stag across the street affected them. I know they've always been more t-shirts and jeans style. My wife's getting a haircut near them tomorrow so I'll go check it out.

This place may be worth checking into, it seems to be doing well: http://www.bygeorgeaustin.com/menbygeorge/

I probably sound like a pushy fool but just throwing out some Austin options for you in case you're looking.

Edited by grundletaint

so, before we start a new thread. my friend and sufu champion, jyoni (check out his progress in the ooe yufuketen contest or his victorious LVC 1944s), have been talking about doing a LFNYC indigo sweatpants contest. probably over a couple years.

any interest amongst our growing LFNYC sufu community?

here --> http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/indigo-dyed-loop-terry-sweat-pant

could be a dangerous lifestyle choice picking these up. definitely could be addictive to wear these all the time (as soon as I get home from work, getting up in the morning, doing errands). what would i become? currently as soon as i wake up i grab a pair of jeans. this just leads to so many important life decisions haha.

awesome idea for a contest.

I was really on the fence.  When I heard about them, I was joking and lampooning about wearing them a là painter's cap with the neck flaps and Reebok pumps with the old basketball-shaped pumps on them.  Visiting the store dressed like that with a hot dog in hand...etc.

But then we brought up the window and I saw the cut.  It's great.  The sweatpants are a really good-looking thing.  I don't know about "Champion-inspired" because I never had a pair of Champion sweats cut like that bitd.

I'll do it for sure.  I could only wear them in down time.  They'd cut too much into my current interest in black denims.

That would be really cool Satchel!, could work out a SUFU contest special price as well to sweeten the pot. I've already started in on a pair of 2nds. Very rich indigo and great weight. 

@sombrero what size are you, we do have a few floating in the back room. 

@groominim some are raw and some are washed, I accomodated a little on some of the newer fits or versions but didn't want to throw everyone off on some older styles so there is a little bit of variance from style to style fabric to fabric so just check the notes on each style. 

I've been driving for about a total of 14 hours the past couple days and had plenty of time to wish I had some damn sweatpants to roll in rather than jeans.

I'd say at this point I'm 97% in on a contest and will prob hit 100 by the time I get to the mountains of New Mexico at the end of the week. I'm ogling the greasers, too. Bahhhhhhh Grundbug

What's the word on the green heather denim?

Edited by grundletaint

I've been driving for about a total of 14 hours the past couple days and had plenty of time to wish I had some damn sweatpants to roll in rather than jeans.

I'd say at this point I'm 97% in on a contest and will prob hit 100 by the time I get to the mountains of New Mexico at the end of the week. I'm ogling the greasers, too. Bahhhhhhh Grundbug

What's the word on the green heather denim?

Word on the green heather is it's some sweet stuff

Hey guys pretty new here to sufu. Picked up a pair of the indigo ducks in the tailored fit from satchel over at blackblue about a month ago and really lovin them! Just had to do my first repair to the pocket bag and will post pics of them soon.

Also really lovin the idea of the indigo sweat contest! Will for sure be interested in that!

great to see you here, guthrie! 

regarding the sweat pant contest, i've been in touch with christian and we're hammering out details. looks like contestants will get a great price & it seems like there's a good amount of genuine interest.  i'm pretty excited and hoping to get this going ASAP.  if you all wouldn't mind letting your sufu/other friends know about the contest, i'm thinking the more the merrier. if we get a ton of people on board, we can only imagine the prizes will be dope.

details as they arrive.

Edited by satchelbmoore